Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,065 Views | 231587 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gggmann
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

My SNOW target is min $250 and max $300. I am not in yet and will probably regret it. Want to see where this move up gets to it and then want to see it hold the earnings bottom.
Waiting for a tweet on Nancy Pelosi purchasing calls.
Heineken-Ashi
MARA $20-$24 is where I'm watching for re-entry.
Brewmaster
AG
Noted sir.

Did you action U yet? I remember reading it but can't find it.

Added FSLY today, shares.
fightintxag13
AG
I sold Apr $15 cc's on CXM for .60 with the news spike this morning.
Heineken-Ashi
AMD
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

Noted sir.

Did you action U yet? I remember reading it but can't find it.

Added FSLY today, shares.
I did earlier in the week.
Brewmaster
AG
FUBO 500k+ share buyer at 9:31.
ravingfans
AG
Brewmaster said:

is this a continuation of gap fill from 2/7/24?
Brewmaster
AG
ravingfans said:

Brewmaster said:

is this a continuation of gap fill from 2/7/24?
Yes indeed. Heine wanted 2.40 on it.

trying a BLDE swing here. down near trend line.
flashplayer
AG
MARA looking to fall below 25 here.
Charlie Conway
is AAPL finally going to lose $180?
Heineken-Ashi
flashplayer said:

MARA looking to fall below 25 here.
The only thing I worry about is that this will fall into a multi-week, choppy, lower high lower low phase. Ideally, we would get a reset into the mid teens. You have to watch BTC. If it stays under yesterday's high and moves lower, MARA will not be going up. It will go up again when BTC goes up and MARA has finished this earnings selloff.

This can easily be the FOMO trapping phase. How many times did MARA have record volume over the last couple of weeks? Shake out the FOMO buyers, form a new base, and then rip with BTC.
El_duderino
Well AMD sure broke out of those inside bars
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Charlie Conway said:

is AAPL finally going to lose $180?

If it drops to 170 I'm definitely buying more.
sts7049
AG
so, would it be crazy to buy put leaps on NVDA?
flashplayer
AG

I hear you. I'm going to heed what you've said about it so far. I am following along for the potential opportunity.
ProgN
sts7049 said:

so, would it be crazy to buy put leaps on NVDA?

Good lawd, it takes balls to shoot at the king, you just better not miss.

ETA: That's STS walking around town.
EnronAg
AG
dare ya to sell naked calls to pay for those puts
sts7049
AG
it just all looks like a giant bubble man. it has to pop eventually.
ProgN
sts7049 said:

Agreed and I've posted that i've layered into some SPX puts, but damn brother. NVDA is THE reason the market is so overheated. I'd target some of the outliers that have ridden NVDA's coattails not buy puts on the flagship. You don't think people that missed NVDA's meteoric rise this time won't come in heavy on any of it's dips?

JMO man, but I know I'd be scared to buy puts on that one.
I bleed maroon
AG
sts7049 said:

Have you considered a call spread? Write one near the money, and buy one way out of the money for insurance?

McInnis used to be our expert in these. Maybe he can work up an attractive alternative to consider...
PeekingDuck
AG
It sure seems like the market registers inflation a whole lot better than CPI does.
joekm3
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

My SNOW target is min $250 and max $300. I am not in yet and will probably regret it. Want to see where this move up gets to it and then want to see it hold the earnings bottom.

I bought SNOW after market close at the dip. Did not get the bottom but in at $177.
McInnis 03
AG
I bleed maroon said:

sts7049 said:

Have you considered a call spread? Write one near the money, and buy one way out of the money for insurance?

McInnis used to be our expert in these. Maybe he can work up an attractive alternative to consider...
if you lean that the direction is downward you would SELL a call spread that's ATM or OTM and take the sale value as your max potential profit.

If the trade moves against you your resolution is to buy the call spread back for more than you paid for it (loss).

You can also BUY a put spread in the direction you are predicting.

You sell spreads in a high IV market, you buy spreads in a low IV market.
ProgN
Ok gang, if you get a minute today please look at this because it's great way to learn a powerful lesson in real time without feeling the crushing pain of a mistake.

Before you pull it up, imagine this was you yesterday going into SNOW's ER, with all the buys and high target prices from Wall Street firms. You own calls with strikes between $180-190 that you bought several weeks ago and you were up huge, but greed caused you gamble on the ER.

NOW pullup where they are now, how much they're down today, and they expire tomorrow.

That pit in your stomach and recoil from the screen, remember that feeling. It will help you in the future. I guarantee it.

McInnis 03
AG
ProgN said:

Ok gang, if you get a minute today please look at this because it's great way to learn a powerful lesson in real time without feeling the crushing pain of a mistake.

Before you pull it up, imagine this was you yesterday going into SNOW's ER, with all the buys and high target prices from Wall Street firms. You own calls with strikes between $180-190 that you bought several weeks ago and you were up huge, but greed caused you gamble on the ER.

NOW pullup where they are now, how much they're down today, and they expire tomorrow.

That pit in your stomach and recoil from the screen, remember that feeling. It will help you in the future. I guarantee it.

And here is the worst part. That feeling isn't really legit until it's happened to you.
gougler08
AG
Somehow green on the day even w/ SNOW tanking...I'll take it

Thanks CXM
I bleed maroon
AG
I am looking for a cyber-security long term play. I have a buy/write order in for an ETF (CIBR), but also looked at BUG, PSWD, WCBR, and LRNZ. I was initially looking at individual equities, such as CRWD and FTNT, but decided an EFT is better for me, as I really don't follow the space.

Convince me of another path, if you choose?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I bleed maroon said:

sts7049 said:

if you lean that the direction is downward you would SELL a call spread that's ATM or OTM and take the sale value as your max potential profit.

If the trade moves against you your resolution is to buy the call spread back for more than you paid for it (loss).

You can also BUY a put spread in the direction you are predicting.

You sell spreads in a high IV market, you buy spreads in a low IV market.
Quick illustrator:

Apple is in a low IV situation and sitting on support.

Let's say you believe it's going up.

You could buy next weeks 180-185 call spread for about $1.59, max value $5.00 if it gets above 185. (B/E if it's trading 181.59 next friday)

You could sell next weeks 180-175 put spread for about $1.65, max value $1.65 if it stays above 180. (B/E if it's trading $178.35 next fri)
RightWingConspirator
AG
GCT rolling today.
agdaddy04
AG
RightWingConspirator said:

GCT rolling today.
I had posted about this one a week or two ago but don't think I saw a response to it. I chose to sit it out for now.
HoustonAg_2009
ProgDawg - You buy straight shares of SNOW?
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

ProgDawg - You buy straight shares of SNOW?
Yes sir and I'll probably start writing weekly CC on it and collect premium weekly until it's called away or becomes net free.
joekm3
AG
This happened to me with MARA as well. I took profits but left calls than I should have going into earnings. I did still make money overall but not what I should have.
First Page Last Page
Page 6341 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.