Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,239 Views | 231587 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
cryption
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm also in KO

It's almost a hedge against SPY for me - I've noticed time and again when SPY is down KO is up.
Making some good money on $MARA. With bitcoin blowing up, this bitcoin mining company is following suit
cryption
I went net free on MARA from an entry that HA called out - still sitting on my net free shares with a stop at 31.50
Chef Elko
AG
Anyone remember the guy on twitter who posted S&P support levels and had his plan to invest his wife's IRA/401K cash at these levels? I think that's how it went, could be off. I would like to go back and see how that worked out and give him a follow
cryption said:

I went net free on MARA from an entry that HA called out - still sitting on my net free shares with a stop at 31.50

Their earnings call is set for 3:25 today. Do you see it going higher?
MRB10
AG
It's going higher. Look at the BTC spot chart today.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
Pepper Brooks said:

It's going higher. Look at the BTC spot chart today.
Heineken-Ashi
BTC might have just topped. Give me $50k and then lets ride to $100k.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Mitch McConnell stepping down... effective November?
Heineken-Ashi
XLRE calls up 60%+ from this morning's entry. Will sell half if we get 2x.
Heineken-Ashi
Stopped out of last MARA tranche. If we get BTC pullback, I'll be buying back in. Hard to tell where MARA would retrace to. $20? $15? Pre-halving selloff was expected at some point. Doesn't have to come.
Brother Shamus
Rug pull on crypto - that's all she wrote folks.
Ccutamu
Chef Elko said:

Anyone remember the guy on twitter who posted S&P support levels and had his plan to invest his wife's IRA/401K cash at these levels? I think that's how it went, could be off. I would like to go back and see how that worked out and give him a follow
Scott Redler
Poof. And it's gone
MRB10
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

I'll make a substantial buy if we get back to $50k.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

txaggie_08
AG
Pepper Brooks said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

I'll make a substantial buy if we get back to $50k.

It was there a few days ago.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ccutamu said:

Chef Elko said:

Scott Redler

He calls it his "blood in the streets" funds
MRB10
AG
I bought then too. I have a DCA every other Friday and make larger purchases when I have funds available.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Is coinbase like robinhood's crypto cousin? So incompetent and possibly crooked...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
It's very frustrating. Anytime volatility is up, they go down. It's why I try not to use them anymore.

In their defense, I'm sure the amount of users on it has exploded since FTX and binance fall out.
Chef Elko
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Ccutamu said:

Chef Elko said:

Scott Redler

He calls it his "blood in the streets" funds
Thanks guys, yeah that's it!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
WB's latest comments -- "I can't remember a period since March 11, 1942 ... that I have not had a majority of my net worth in equities."
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

WB's latest comments -- "I can't remember a period since March 11, 1942 ... that I have not had a majority of my net worth in equities."
Hasn't he recently stated that he can't seem to find many opportunities either here or in Europe? Are you thinking that's a bullish comment?

He's saying that he hasn't had a cash position like this since a period that saw world war following the largest unwinding of stocks in the history of the market where over 50% of banks went under.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He's also saying the majority of his NW was always in the market, even during some massive downturns, yet he never pulled out.

DCA'ing and maybe even increasing your purchases during cataclysmic events such as 2008 will always work out in the end.
trip98
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

El_duderino said:

You think we pullback and gap fill all the way back down to 4400? Would be a ~12% correction

I could see that followed by a blowoff top into year end. That would align with the 1999-2000 fractal that we've been following.

I could also see us going straight up and topping now.

I try to remove bias, but we're at a point where despite the strength in the market, you might still be better off de-risking in the long run.

Who ends up better, the guy with paper gains up to 6k that erased quickly and it takes 15 years to recover? Because that's what happened to those who invested in the October 1999 bottom and didn't get out before the 2000 drop.

Or the guy who went to cash at 5k, placed trailing stops on all longs, and waited for 4k to re-invest?

Nobody knows what will happen. But the DCA long term guys are going to feel pain at some point. And those millions on their screen will be gone.

I'm KIND of like this to a point. I'm 49 so 401k is long haul and still have some time until I can retire. Wasn't great about investing in my 20's. And currently thinking of going heavy bonds/low risk in 401k to try to help protect and not so much DCA.

But in my small, fun money account where I'm learning over the last couple years when I can squeeze in time I'm in this boat. Done SOME trading in it but not a ton. Have some long positions there too and one of which is ASO. Got in around $20 and sold CC's to lower cost. And it's run up and is now at ATH around $73. Between macro market and earnings in a few weeks I'm just watching it. Had a CC expire for pure profit in February and not selling another until at least after earnings. With that big of a paper gain I keep saying to myself I should probably cash out the big winner. I can still win big if it drops and I sell at $65 but obviously there's FOMO that it could just keep going.

So not quite the DCA aspect but the paper gains aspect is there. This is where I'm going to have a stop in case it drops. i.e. probably $65. Yeah there'd be disappointment from not getting max BUT it would still be a huge win for my account and more than make up from losses I'm sitting on for WWR and a handful of others.
aggies4life
AG
Why are most Bitcoin miners down today? Clsk, riot…
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GOOGL seems like a good buy if it drops to 131.
I bleed maroon
AG
trip98 said:

I'm KIND of like this to a point. I'm 49 so 401k is long haul and still have some time until I can retire. Wasn't great about investing in my 20's. And currently thinking of going heavy bonds/low risk in 401k to try to help protect and not so much DCA.

But in my small, fun money account where I'm learning over the last couple years when I can squeeze in time I'm in this boat. Done SOME trading in it but not a ton. Have some long positions there too and one of which is ASO. Got in around $20 and sold CC's to lower cost. And it's run up and is now at ATH around $73. Between macro market and earnings in a few weeks I'm just watching it. Had a CC expire for pure profit in February and not selling another until at least after earnings. With that big of a paper gain I keep saying to myself I should probably cash out the big winner. I can still win big if it drops and I sell at $65 but obviously there's FOMO that it could just keep going.

So not quite the DCA aspect but the paper gains aspect is there. This is where I'm going to have a stop in case it drops. i.e. probably $65. Yeah there'd be disappointment from not getting max BUT it would still be a huge win for my account and more than make up from losses I'm sitting on for WWR and a handful of others.

Something to consider - - portfolio rebalancing, in a way. If ASO was 5 or 10% of your portfolio initially, and now it's 25-30%, consider selling enough to get it back to your original allocation.

I bought ASO the day of their IPO, and it has been a stellar investment. I have started buying protective puts on it to hedge some against downside, as I don't want it to get called away via covered calls - I now consider it a core holding.
El Chupacabra
aggies4life said:

Why are most Bitcoin miners down today? Clsk, riot…
Because I bought some.
El Chupacabra
ACAD anyone?
agdaddy04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This one was frustrating having money sit so long and be stagnant. Finally sold it off last week, essentially at break even.
Heineken-Ashi
I think SBOW might start a trip down to $20 today with earnings.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

This one was frustrating having money sit so long and be stagnant. Finally sold it off last week, essentially at break even.

I did the same last year, got out around 138 and then of course watched it climb after that. I figure getting back in a few bucks lower couldn't hurt.
I bleed maroon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

agdaddy04 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I did the same last year, got out around 140 and then of course watched it climb after that. I figure getting back in a few bucks lower couldn't hurt.
I think GOOGL is at an inflection point in their existence. They have such a powerful franchise in their domination of search (and maps, YouTube, Fiber, etc.) that they may pivot to paying a dividend and act more like a utility or bluechip stock. A lot of their spending on crackpot innovation efforts might be better returned to shareholders by way of buybacks or dividends. However, they are so used to being viewed as a growth enterprise that they may have a brain drain if they did so. Also, their multiple would assuredly have to adjust downward, which I'm sure they would resist with every fiber of their being.
Heineken-Ashi
Oof. CRM dropping on earnings. Didn't get above 2021 high.
First Page Last Page
Page 6338 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.