Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,836 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by El_duderino
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Spoony Love said:

If it keeps going up, then the pasture fed chicken I raise is going to be cheaper than the store brand, chicken barn package.

Here's my advice: Grow your own food or get to know someone who can grow it for you.

We will process around 125 chickens on March 28. That will be more than enough for our family of 5 for the year. I'll be about $12-13 in per chicken. While it's not cheaper than the regular chicken at the grocery store yet, it murders the whole bird price of what a store calls "all-natural, pasture raised" chicken. And ours are truly pasture raised.
If I can't watch my portfolio make tendies, I'll grow them instead!
bmoochie
AG
Chicken for Venison swap? lol
El Chupacabra
AceAggie05 said:

Watching every single stock I'm invested in taking a 3-7% dive pre-marker
Sounds like a good time to buy.
gougler08
AG
Glad I didn't enter CAR yesterday, bad earnings it looks like and breaking through the bottom of the Darvas Box.

I'm off that now
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

If it keeps going up, then the pasture fed chicken I raise is going to be cheaper than the store brand, chicken barn package.

Here's my advice: Grow your own food or get to know someone who can grow it for you.

We will process around 125 chickens on March 28. That will be more than enough for our family of 5 for the year. I'll be about $12-13 in per chicken. While it's not cheaper than the regular chicken at the grocery store yet, it murders the whole bird price of what a store calls "all-natural, pasture raised" chicken. And ours are truly pasture raised.

If you plan to sell any of those processed chickens, please let me know.
Heineken-Ashi
KO getting hit with the morning selloff bug but hanging in there. If it can thrust through $61 it can start to move.
ProgN
I'm adding just a little bit more FSLY here. I don't know what their ER will be tomorrow but I'm going to play them. You make your own decisions that's best for you and don't blindly follow just because I'm pressing my position.
Brewmaster
AG
Spoony Love said:

Well done sir! This is definitely the direction I want to go in. We buy raw milk from a dairy out of Brenham. That stuff is liquid gold.

I think eggs is the the way I want to roll, a few egg layers could crank out plenty. Oh and hog hunting! although ammo isn't cheap.
Heineken-Ashi
The market has rolled over from the insane heater it was on. The expectation is that this is a buy the dip move, but it has room to go first. I'm watching for SPY mid $480's, IWM mid $180's, and QQQ $416 range.
FishrCoAg
AG
ProgN said:

I'm adding just a little bit more FSLY here. I don't know what their ER will be tomorrow but I'm going to play them. You make your own decisions that's best for you and don't blindly follow just because I'm pressing my position.

Looked at the chart and did a buy/write with 2/16/24 calls strike price 25. 6.4%return on the option and 13.8 if called away. I'll be happy either way
Spoony Love
AG
Be careful, once you buy some layers you end up with 50. Kidding though.

Having eggs available is a good first start. Harvesting hogs is an excellent way to supplement the grocery bill.

I raise our pigs to processing, as well as beef. While we pay the price for feed and processing, We save money raising it ourselves. Haven't bought meat from the grocery store in 4 years.

I encourage everyone to do the same.

You should see the shelves of seedlings I sit next to every day working from home. Spring time is growing season and the real input is just the work involved
Spoony Love
AG
After reading guidance and the info posted here, I'm joining the calls on 3/15 65C
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

The market has rolled over from the insane heater it was on. The expectation is that this is a buy the dip move, but it has room to go first. I'm watching for SPY mid $480's, IWM mid $180's, and QQQ $416 range.
so are you saying you think we start escalator down without any little bounce today / tomorrow?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Meanwhile, daycare care costs just jumped up almost $100/month.

This kills me. They blame labor costs but do you think the girls working there are making whatever their share of that 100/mo per kid is? At a 1:8 ratio there's no way they've gotten a raise of almost $800/mo. The owner/director and her husband sure do buy new cars every year though
ProgN
I was talking to one of my best friends this morning and he brought up this Chappelle skit. I had never heard of it before so I looked it up. It's hilarious, but it's definitely NSFW. If you need a laugh, then this should give it to you.

SoTXAg09
AG
Hope no one was long CAR today.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ProgN said:

Conversely, if it tanks I'll be looking at 3/9 crwd calls
Diggity
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Meanwhile, daycare care costs just jumped up almost $100/month.

This kills me. They blame labor costs but do you think the girls working there are making whatever their share of that 100/mo per kid is? At a 1:8 ratio there's no way they've gotten a raise of almost $800/mo. The owner/director and her husband sure do buy new cars every year though
to be fair, labor, insurance, rent, utilities, etc. are all moving against business owners right now.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I feel like we gotta revisit that lod at some point before close. I bought spx puts that id like to go net free on when that happens
Heineken-Ashi
I'm adding more tranches to metals here. GDX, GOLD, SLV, FSM, SAND, HMY, CDE, HL, AGQ.

Can definitely see today not being a bottom in metals, but the closer it gets, the more I want to have.
Brewmaster
AG

I feel like we gotta revisit that lod at some point before close. I bought spx puts that id like to go net free on when that happens
forming an "h" intraday, you might get your wish
oldarmy1
AG
Well GCT calls are green LOL

We were very tight trading yesterday into today. Made a UPS trade that broke our win streak. Told people on the initial bounce move to get out or lotto ticket for the week. Good news is I gave multi levels of SPY puts yesterday anticipating a hot CPI. What idiot wouldn't? Do they not shop or own a business?!

cryption
I'm starting to layer into metals too. GOLD ER this week

SAND 1/2025 5c has a lot of volume but I'll be playing shares
Heineken-Ashi
cryption said:

I'm starting to layer into metals too. GOLD ER this week

SAND 1/2025 5c has a lot of volume but I'll be playing shares
These are all positions to pay off over the next 6M - 2Y.
El_duderino
"I've always wanted to say this…fo shizzle"
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Brewmaster said:

forming an "h" intraday, you might get your wish

Dang, nice. Now we see if we just overshot support and are going to reclaim and bounce for a failed breakdown, or if this is the big one. Pretty big rrange for the day already, especially considering the tight ranges we've seen lately
Brewmaster
AG
going to be 480's in a hurry at this pace!

agdaddy04
AG
oldarmy1 said:

CRWD shooting star confirmed……obviously. Hope you made your move.

I did sell yesterday at a little over $320 but interesting to see it's one of the few green stocks today.
Number Monkey
AG
So with today's drop for ACAD (and everything else lol), is the stop still $24.50?
tlh3842
AG
Similar as above, wondering what anyone reloaded on with today's dip?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Looks like the timing of my purchase of Feb 16th puts was spot on. Unfortunately, I bought them in December and they are too far out of the money. I should have reloaded during the recent runup.
Heineken-Ashi
Number Monkey said:

So with today's drop for ACAD (and everything else lol), is the stop still $24.50?
I'm not really nickel and diming this one. It would ideal to hold $24.50 and start to rise up without topping indicators heading into earnings, but we have time to see what this does.. nearly two weeks. Don't overtrade. Let it show you what it wants to do. We even have the Monday of its earnings to decide as it reports after market close. Patience. If it doesn't setup properly, we don't play.
bmoochie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Well GCT calls are green LOL

We were very tight trading yesterday into today. Made a UPS trade that broke our win streak. Told people on the initial bounce move to get out or lotto ticket for the week. Good news is I gave multi levels of SPY puts yesterday anticipating a hot CPI. What idiot wouldn't? Do they not shop or own a business?!

I played VIX and sold too early! still profit.

I entered NVDA puts after it went Green and didn't hold. Ready for it to rollover and die now
Brewmaster
AG
Number Monkey said:

honor your stops. I think too it depends on your entry. You could go as loose as 10%.

I took profits and bailed on some positions this morning. Knowing that I can always re-enter when their setups look better in a few days or next week. and I don't care if my entry next time around isn't quite as good. I'm not about to let a few down days ruin my last 2 weeks gains.
Brewmaster
AG
entered a few MARA puts. hasn't sold off yet, BTC barely staying above water though.
First Page Last Page
Page 6313 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.