Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,896 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by El_duderino
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
South Platte said:

El Chupacabra said:

BABA on anyone's radar?
Not BABA, but I watch YINN and YANG. Lost on YINN multiple times. If I ever get in again it will be in YANG.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Cryption found HEAVY call interest in the KO $65 3/22 calls. 3.2k volume today on 65 OI coming into today. Dig in deeper and you find they all happened around 9:40 am with largest volume 80 contracts. Hundreds of transactions. It's either..
- Large buyer trying to hide and not show up by splitting into hundreds of small transactions instead of multiple large ones.
- Some trading advisor blasted out a play and all of his followers jumped on it.
- A financial advisor rolling all of his accounts into the trade.

Dig in even deeper and you find the 3/15 $65 calls had the exact same action at the same time.

I just grabbed half a hundred contracts of the 3/15's as that expiration had much better OI and liquidity potential coming into today. Small spend. A $2 move should net 3x or more. Willing to take a chance on it.

Earnings tomorrow before the bell.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I bought 75 KO 3/15 $65C at $0.04.

Heineken-Ashi
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Beers on Cryption if they pay.
Brewmaster
AG
little updates:

ACAD $29-$32 before earnings, even with some consolidation above $26-$27 range is healthy. PLTR -esque set up

BIG sold off below entry, no entry, might revisit, $10 to $15 were long term targets

BLDE stop at 2.68 (or 5 to 10% less entry), targets 4.50 to 5.75.

CORZ you all in it, probably already know what to do! Brew missed entry

FLWS bought 2/12/24 a.m., with stop $9.15. Not convinced it won't go lower, but low end 2024 target is $13.50. Very low risk with high reward on risk.

FUBO in at 1.90's, set sell for 2.40

GRPN 11 to 13.25 buy zone, stop set at 10.95, taking off, missed my entry

IWM 202 by next week (week of Valentine's), update: hit 203 today! 2/12/24. large swing down soon, but would like 205 first!

LUMN 2.20 target, Stop for Heineken would be $1.25, as this kind of choppy overlapping action tends to continue to be choppy.

MARA 20 has to hold, under 20 is bearish short to mid term. Resistance at 26. Preferably the $22-$23 region holds at this point, and then resume upward breaking above the $31 high from December. If below $20, this can still be setting up bullish for later this year while the next move down takes it to $10-$14 range.

PATH - We're looking for gap fill $28.96 but I don't want it coming back under $25 before it happens

RBLX if it holds 40, enter targeting upper $50's, 80 most bullish target

REE entry was upper 5's, move stops up to 6.45, above 6.45 as it consolidates and should get $9 next. Stop at 5.45 = higher risk.

T high probability/ low risk, if it holds $16, then we target 19.25 to 19.60, multi monther, profit 3-4x risk.

TLT 93 has to hold or 89 becomes new support

TSN 50 is support, below that get out! (probably will take months to bottom) 64 gap fill

TSLA buy (2/9/24) in low 190's, stop set at 175 (risky), looking for 4 hr 21 ema cross the 34

TTD stop at 66.50, targets 87, 108

Earnings play:
KO calls, 3/15 65C
Heineken-Ashi
Me

You

Kansas Kid
Longish read but worth the time. A warning about investing in the Magnificent 7 and the S&P500 index vs the equal weight version of the S&P500

Highlights
From 1957-2023, the 10 largest stocks in the S&P 500 underperformed the rest of the index by 2.4% in the year following that ranking.

From 2013-2023, the 10 largest stocks in the S&P 500 overperformed the other 490 stocks by 4.9% in the following year.

Growth is more difficult when a company already owns a substantial share of the industries in which it operates.

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/commentaries/2024/02/08/magnificently-concentrated-gmo?firm=gmo
gougler08
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Green hammer forming today as well...I'll roll the dice
cryption
You mean I'll buy the coke! Hah
joekm3
AG
gougler08 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Green hammer forming today as well...I'll roll the dice
I bought 50 KO 3/15 $65C at $0.03. Let's go!
EliteZags
AG
Kansas Kid said:

Longish read but worth the time. A warning about investing in the Magnificent 7 and the S&P500 index vs the equal weight version of the S&P500

Highlights
From 1957-2023, the 10 largest stocks in the S&P 500 underperformed the rest of the index by 2.4% in the year following that ranking.

From 2013-2023, the 10 largest stocks in the S&P 500 overperformed the other 490 stocks by 4.9% in the following year.

Growth is more difficult when a company already owns a substantial share of the industries in which it operates.

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/commentaries/2024/02/08/magnificently-concentrated-gmo?firm=gmo

oldarmy1
AG
bmoochie said:

Have the alerts improved from a swing trader standpoint? That's been my biggest thing since I can't follow like a day trader. You know I think you are great and I love what you have taught me/us but if people like me can't follow in real time I just am curious if it's worth it
Yes. We have some great members who volunteered to post all trades in real time as they are called.

Scott hasn't got all of our February trades on the sheet but no loss trades so far this month.

oldarmy1
AG
He also doesn't have any of my ARM LEAP trades reflected. The $90 calls bought at $1.37 were exited at $99 today.

I know several members had joined me on all levels of calls.
Bonfire.1996
Dang
oldarmy1
AG
CRWD shooting star confirmed……obviously. Hope you made your move.
nortex97
AG
GCT just kept looking good today though I was sitting lazily waiting for a dip.

After breaking thru 30 I am not sure if it will keep it up.
oldarmy1
AG
We abused ARM options again today. Bought calls at the open and turned those for 200%+ then gave puts which moved 100%+. Then ARM came exactly where I had given as a target to go calls again and those went 250%.

Magical
oldarmy1
AG
I entered GCT calls today. Watch to see if it takes out IPO release highs. Never know how these can move, but I like what I see.
bmoochie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SPY with one today it looks like
texagbeliever
oldarmy1 said:

Does NVDA look like a potential shooting star to you? Would need tomorrow to confirm of course.
oldarmy1
AG
bmoochie said:

oldarmy1 said:

SPY with one today it looks like

Yessir. We were reserved today other than the ARM trades.

We did take a UPS $149 call for the week. Think it makes a break.
oldarmy1
AG
Bunch of stocks, including the macro markets formed evening stars or shooting stars. Erase them with CPI or confirm them with start of a pullback? Gonna be fun.
gggmann
AG
Inflation data release tomorrow morning before open, 3% expected. Could make for a wild ride.
Talon2DSO
AG
Wild up. Wild down. Wild all over?
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Me

You

LOL, I'll take it!

I was picturing the guy from Hangover trying to see the matrix and of course Neo...

Heineken:

Brew:
Heineken-Ashi
Might regret this, but I'm leaning towards buying CRM outright before earnings in two weeks. I still see it hitting $425+ this year barring a major market correction before summer. So hard to do as a stop just can't be pinpointed without losing that upside potential. Maybe $240 stop?

This might be a candidate for June calls and you just roll them up a month at a time.
RightWingConspirator
AG
I've had a long position in CRM now for almost a year. I'm up a good amount. If memory serves something like 45 percent or so. I was thinking of placing a trailing stop, which is what I do when I'm okay with quitting on a stock. I hold it in my HSA so not too worried about s-t cap gains.

Your post makes me think I may just let it ride a while longer.
cryption
RightWingConspirator
AG
CDNS about to take a haircut today, which should give buy-and-holds a great opportunity to jump into a company that is very well run, profitable and has a very bright future.

I picked up three different positions in this stock which I've held for as long 1168 days. I'm up about 120 percent on the average.
El Chupacabra
CPI

When removing the volatile food and energy categories, Tuesday's Consumer Price Index (CPI) release showed "core" prices increased 0.4% in January, their largest monthly gain since April 2023. On a headline basis, prices increased 3.1%, above economist estimates but a deceleration from a 3.4% annual gain in December.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
CPI came in hotter than expected at 0.3% MoM vs 0.2% MoM for a total of 3.1% vs 2.9% est.

Core CPI came in at 3.9% or 0.4% and is up 3.9% YoY.

My biggest personal gripe with all of this - groceries/food is up 0.4% higher month over month. It rubs my cheeks raw every time I go to the grocery store now, enough so that I have started to pull back on making meals with as much meat. Meanwhile, daycare care costs just jumped up almost $100/month.

10YR UST is up to almost 4.30% as of right now.
E
AG
This morning

Spoony Love
AG
If it keeps going up, then the pasture fed chicken I raise is going to be cheaper than the store brand, chicken barn package.

Here's my advice: Grow your own food or get to know someone who can grow it for you.

We will process around 125 chickens on March 28. That will be more than enough for our family of 5 for the year. I'll be about $12-13 in per chicken. While it's not cheaper than the regular chicken at the grocery store yet, it murders the whole bird price of what a store calls "all-natural, pasture raised" chicken. And ours are truly pasture raised.
AceAggie05
AG
Watching every single stock I'm invested in taking a 3-7% dive pre-marker
Heineken-Ashi
BTW, Cramer said AFRM was a great company and great stock yesterday.
First Page Last Page
Page 6312 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.