Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,827 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by El_duderino
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alright, gonna start rotating some of my cash back into the market after today's dip.

Also boy am I glad I took some TNA profit yesterday.
El Chupacabra
mama said there'd be days like this!
ProgN
El Chupacabra said:

txaggie_08
AG
How long have you been waiting? Market/SPY is still up over 3% in last month.
cryption

Chef Elko
AG
Oh it can always go lower
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
ProgN said:

El Chupacabra said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Chef Elko said:

Oh it can always go lower harder

nortex97
AG
I vote against more of these days.
ProgN
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

ProgN said:

El Chupacabra said:

Do you know which movie that my gif came from?
ProgN
nortex97 said:

You should expect more days like this after next week imo.
I bleed maroon
AG
nortex97 said:

I like these days. Sold half my hedges (all for over 100% gain), and even at the trough, I was no worse off than last Monday.

Let's ride.
txaggie_08
AG
ProgN said:

nortex97 said:

What's next week?
bmoochie
AG
What is next week?
El Chupacabra
nortex97 said:

I'm guessing Schwab and Vanguard are wondering why I've entered 87 buy orders today.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
ProgN said:

ProgN said:

El Chupacabra said:

Pssh of course I do....

*quickly runs to google*

*spends two minutes avoiding burning down the house song results*

Revenge of the Nerds.

Nerd.
ProgN
txaggie_08 said:

ProgN said:

nortex97 said:

What's next week?
NVDA reports earnings and that's the last biggie and earnings season drawing to a close. No fed cut in March and now the May/June cut has come into question. The market has priced int 6-7 rate cuts this year, I was never in that camp. I've been in the 3-4 range. Layoff announcements will begin to rise. The markets will revert back towards their mean, which needs to happen. Throw in the dreaded "R" word (recession) by pundits on CNBC and there's more headwinds and in front of us than there are catalysts to propel it higher.

I'm expecting profit taking and consolidation.

ProgN

ProgN said:

ProgN said:

El Chupacabra said:

Pssh of course I do....

*quickly runs to google*

*spends two minutes avoiding burning down the house song results*

Revenge of the Nerds.

Nerd.
Thanks buddy, for reminding me that I'm officially an old Ag now. I saw that when it was first released.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Apparently I'm better at trading red days than green. Made $860 and the most i had on the table was $295. Could have made a lot more if I'd played looser but pretty proud of myself that i did it conservatively.

ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Apparently I'm better at trading red days than green. Made $860 and the most i had on the table was $295. Could have made a lot more if I'd played looser but pretty proud of myself that i did it conservatively.

Your last trade says "sell to open", did you mean to write a covered call?

ETA: You still get to use TDA's website and not forced to use Schwab's pos?
nortex97
AG
Yeah I think I am going to pull out of my regular stock index funds basically in short order. Too many people essentially agree with the consensus about a spring pull back being pretty dramatic.

I'm not an expert trader by any means, and don't consider myself a timing expert either, but it is time to work on how to invest 'fun money' to profit in a down movement (short). I know it's not supposed to be that complicated but I have never done it.

But I did watch the GameStop show on netflix last night.
Heineken-Ashi
LYFT off. Expecting it to hit $17.50. Was watching it last couple days and almost jumped in. Didn't though.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Yeah i was out of day trades so i built a spread. Would have made almost another grand if I'd just let it ride but wanted to stay green and not risk moc taking it away

Yeah somehow i am still on tda desktop and mobile app, not sure how but I'm not complaining!
ProgN
nortex97 said:

Yeah I think I am going to pull out of my regular stock index funds basically in short order. Too many people essentially agree with the consensus about a spring pull back being pretty dramatic.

I'm not an expert trader by any means, and don't consider myself a timing expert either, but it is time to work on how to invest 'fun money' to profit in a down movement (short). I know it's not supposed to be that complicated but I have never done it.

But I did watch the GameStop show on netflix last night.
As I've posted on here over the last few weeks. I'm in majority cash, but I have played quick hit trades and built up more cash. I'll be ready for when it corrects and I will take advantage of trading swings when they present themselves while I'm waiting.
ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Yeah i was out of day trades so i built a spread. Would have made almost another grand if I'd just let it ride but wanted to stay green and not risk moc taking it away

Yeah somehow i am still on tda desktop and mobile app, not sure how but I'm not complaining!

ETA: Very good day and discipline my friend.
agdaddy04
AG
What just happened on AMZN after hours?
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
Wasn't going to get back in, but couldn't help myself with the dip today! UPST getting slammed AH, got out of that one at the right time
MAS444
AG
Bezos sells $2B AMZN shares
Ag CPA
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

LYFT off. Expecting it to hit $17.50. Was watching it last couple days and almost jumped in. Didn't though.
LYFT goes from a 60% pop down to around 15% currently after a typo in the ER was corrected during the call.
Heineken-Ashi
Don't be surprised if LYFT opens down tomorrow. I had $17.50 pegged for a long time. Didn't jump in. It spiked up through target and might now engage a full reset.
oldarmy1
AG
bmoochie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Well GCT calls are green LOL

We were very tight trading yesterday into today. Made a UPS trade that broke our win streak. Told people on the initial bounce move to get out or lotto ticket for the week. Good news is I gave multi levels of SPY puts yesterday anticipating a hot CPI. What idiot wouldn't? Do they not shop or own a business?!

I played VIX and sold too early! still profit.

I entered NVDA puts after it went Green and didn't hold. Ready for it to rollover and die now

Any time VIX moves above $14.25 my radar goes up for a consolidation day. Good trade! Made a killing on the multi out levels and got lucky in some late $493 push. We entered MCD into the accelerating low and managed to get trims in ahead of the close. We also entered TQQQ $60 calls and they pushed back up for a decent buffer.

If you draw the lower trend line on macro markets all that happened today is a move to the base of the channel. Tomorrow will be another interesting day.

ravingfans
AG
Spoony Love said:

If it keeps going up, then the pasture fed chicken I raise is going to be cheaper than the store brand, chicken barn package.

Here's my advice: Grow your own food or get to know someone who can grow it for you.

We will process around 125 chickens on March 28. That will be more than enough for our family of 5 for the year. I'll be about $12-13 in per chicken. While it's not cheaper than the regular chicken at the grocery store yet, it murders the whole bird price of what a store calls "all-natural, pasture raised" chicken. And ours are truly pasture raised.

it murders the whole bird - excellent word picture, sir!!

Any extra chickens you could murder for your friends here? How big of a freezer does that take?
nortex97
AG
It's weird. I have some sort of emotional connection to holding the stuff that has worked the past 10 or 15 years. I realize that is a stupid emotion/feeling but I don't think it is an unusual one. Have to reason through the emotion of selling is all.
ProgN
nortex97 said:

It's weird. I have some sort of emotional connection to holding the stuff that has worked the past 10 or 15 years. I realize that is a stupid emotion/feeling but I don't think it is an unusual one. Have to reason through the emotion of selling is all.
You're not being stupid because you're just now realizing that emotion is not your friend when it comes to money or making decisions on trades. I'd also suggest not jumping into actively managing what you've built with both feet. Think about freeing up a portion of it and challenging yourself to outperform your funds every year. You will make mistakes, but learn from those mistakes and don't put it all at risk. Outperform your funds with a fraction of what you've built and your confidence will grow without taking on too much risk. Trust me, this is the path you want to take.
Spoony Love
AG
After they are processed down to leg quarters, breast, tenders wings and backs, it will take roughly 3/4 of a large chest freezer.

To be honest, I have a bunch of wings that we don't eat fast enough if someone might be interested.

And chicken backs available that if anyone is inclined, makes the best broth.
First Page Last Page
Page 6314 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.