Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,906,739 Views | 227753 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PLTR double top. Resistance held.

Why is this significant?

Looking back at the last two tops (today and November) you draw a horizontal line. Then draw an upward trend line from the last two bottoms. It's a potential triangle. And in triangles, you look for 5 points. If we can't get over today's high and sustain, the triangle is gone and we're bullish for higher. If not, we're building a potential ascending triangle and potential for a drop back down to cover the earnings gap is possible for the 5th point.

Ultimate support is now $16. Below that, the bullish has broken down, the triangle has broken down, and we are left with something new with the only hope being stick save and reversal.
Texaggie7nine
Glad I looked on this thread the last couple days. Quick question from a non day trader, I funded my PLTR purchase by selling off some of my IRA stock yesterday, so now if I sell before tomorrow I'm pretty sure it will be a good faith violation. Is it worth taking the ding to secure the profits or do you think I should at least wait till the funds settle to sell off?
7nine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
UNFI has been having a nice couple weeks now.
ProgN
Scroll back a few pages and we have a guy AgCPA I think and he has stars so I'd message him to get a definitive answer.
ProgN

Well fam, I just returned from the vet and my son's cat is going to make it AND a lot of people made some cash, so we need rally ass.

Texaggie7nine
I don't think it's a tax thing, Just a Fidelity thing or maybe any long term stock account thing. It says it takes 2 days for funds to settle on transactions so if you buy stocks from unsettled $ you can't sell them until the $ is settled.

I think I get 3 dings per 6 mos before they suspend my ability to trade with unsettled funds or something.
7nine
Charlie Conway
this has happened to me many times lol, they just restrict you from buying anything until your funds are settled. It goes away eventually.
El Chupacabra
Buffet, OXY

Buffet bought a few more shares.
Tibbers
fightintxag13
AG
I'm not great at trading cup & handle setups, so can someone please give me some feedback on this setup?

I'm looking at a board trending ticker from a few years ago, ZS.

Looks like there is some pretty good meat left on this bone trading the completion of the cup back to the late 2021 high.

Any thoughts?

Edit: ADBE has a similar long term cup going on, but it's much further along in its completion, so I don't like it near as much as ZS.

Second Edit: I would like to see more continuation on the current uptrend here because it cleared it's 50% retracement (Model T) from the low last spring to the 2021 high a couple weeks ago.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
IWM slowly grinding to $200?

190 support seems to have held.
Talon2DSO
AG
Tibbers said:

Today is the day for GVSI as the PR is scheduled for today as to the details of the merger. Please be a big boy that just wants to quickly uplist to Nasdaq heh! Yay!

As in Good Vibration Shoes???
gggmann
AG
Closed one of my PLTR spreads this morning after opening. Still have one spread w/ 4/19 expiration open (looking for a pop w/ S&P inclusion), but I added a trailing stop on it.

I have a spread open on SNAP with a small profit currently. I'm debating on whether or not I should close it before earnings this afternoon.
gggmann
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

IWM slowly grinding to $200?

190 support seems to have held.
I have an iron condor on it. It's been meandering between190-200 since beginning of the year.
bmoochie
AG
TELL with an interesting spike today and with some volume too. 25% so far.

News I found is they are exploring the sale of upstream business to reduce debt and raise cash. Sounds like they are still pushing to build Driftwood. I will reach out to my other LNG contacts to see if they hear more being in that industry fully.
Heineken-Ashi
MLCO - Needs to bust through $9. Looking promising but still a threat to correct/consolidate further as long as below $10
bmoochie
AG
When the music does stop and stocks get beaten down, LNG is one that needs to be entered in for long term holding. CQP is the other Cheniere one and pays a dividend. I will have to research more on the differences again but I know the expansion plans of the Sabine facility and they aren't stopping anytime soon.

Would love for Heineken to look at this from the technical side. But from quick glance i think we will for sure see $130s for LNG. lowest i can see it going is $85 range
ProgN
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13051435/Florida-goliath-grouper-isaac-francis-250-pounds.html
Quote:

A Florida teenager scored a once-in-a-lifetime catch when he reeled in a massive fish estimated to weigh about 250 pounds.

Isaac Francis, 17, was night fishing with friends at Sarasota's Turtle Beach on Saturday.

It was shaping up to be just another fishing excursion until the high school junior caught a goliath grouper - a massive saltwater fish that was nearly as long as Francis is tall

Someone please share this article with OA because he's an avid fisherman. TIA
Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

When the music does stop and stocks get beaten down, LNG is one that needs to be entered in for long term holding. CQP is the other Cheniere one and pays a dividend. I will have to research more on the differences again but I know the expansion plans of the Sabine facility and they aren't stopping anytime soon.

Would love for Heineken to look at this from the technical side. But from quick glance i think we will for sure see $130s for LNG. lowest i can see it going is $85 range
Below $155 and I've got $130-$135 range penciled as support and where I would first consider buying. Below that, you've got supports at $120, then $100-$110 range.

But once it breaks out in its next move up, I've got $250-$300.
Tibbers
Talon2DSO said:

Tibbers said:

Today is the day for GVSI as the PR is scheduled for today as to the details of the merger. Please be a big boy that just wants to quickly uplist to Nasdaq heh! Yay!

As in Good Vibration Shoes???

I know right. The merging company should change the name to Lazarus.
Heineken-Ashi
SAVE at significant resistance. Breakdown from here and bottom might not be in. Needs to get through $7.75 for real confirmation of bottom.
Heineken-Ashi
HNST - If we get a breakdown, I'm looking for $2.00-$2.50 to buy with target $4-$5. Watch over the coming days and weeks.
Heineken-Ashi
LAZR held the 50% retrace of it's 2 week move up. Buy between $2.50 and $3.00 with stop $2.40. Looking for $3.50-$4.00
Heineken-Ashi
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

BLZE flashed a 52W-high at the open after announcing a new product launch. With earnings next week, could be interesting to follow! Joining the AOSL fun and bought the dip this morning
If this wants to stay on the bullish path, I don't want to see anything below $7.50. If it can, $11-$12 is my first target.
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
Still in the red on my portfolio overall, mainly due to some very dumb and inexperienced trades with WKHS, BIGC, and FUBO when I first started. But finally getting very close to breaking even for the first time in a few years. This thread and all the contributors have been a huge help. Not only with trade ideas, but tips and guidance for trading in general!
Heineken-Ashi
joekm3 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Bought AOSL. Not much volume on the calls for earnings day. Stop is $24.80. If it gets stopped, I'll be watching $24 to see if it holds as last support for re-rentry.

Are you aware of results forecast or just the chart? I see a cup formed mid October-Jan 1 and a handle with two small cups since 1/1. Trading just above the 50 day and support around $25.70. What is the setup here on the day of earnings. It does not have the same earnings and business health setup as PLTR and POWL going into same day AH earnings. I'm not doubting you, I'm trying to understand so that I can be more than a sheeple!
Just saw this. It's held a 50% retracement of it's last move up and indicators have reset. It bounced off the mid Keltner line of daily candles. I like the divergence here. It's probably not ready to rocket or anything. But a good or even neutral earnings report should keep it in this consolidation area setting up a move to $30+ where it starts to trade around its book value.
El_duderino
And I'm out on PLTR with a nice 30% win to get this ball game going.
Heineken-Ashi
AI - As long as it keeps holding $23.50 it leaves the potential for a bounce to $35-$40 range. Make a higher low from there and it can maybe get to previous high or new highs.
ProgN
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

Still in the red on my portfolio overall, mainly due to some very dumb and inexperienced trades with WKHS, BIGC, and FUBO when I first started. But finally getting very close to breaking even for the first time in a few years. This thread and all the contributors have been a huge help. Not only with trade ideas, but tips and guidance for trading in general!

God job, just stay disciplined and keep stacking singles and you'll in the green.
Ags2013
AG
Kind of shocked PLTR hasn't cooled. Still looks like it may have some juice left.
TheVarian
AG
Part of me wants to dump more in with the hopes it breaks out again….
Aggie09Derek
AG
Anyone have any insight on who has the best platform for self directed trading?

I was with TDAmeritrade forever and recently moved to Schwab with the merger and am exploring options.

Merrill reached out to me today about bringing over funds and offering okay incentive but nothing crazy.
ProgN
Aggie09Derek said:

I was with TDAmeritrade forever and recently moved to Schwab with the merger and am exploring options.

Merrill reached out to me today about bringing over funds and offering okay incentive but nothing crazy.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm only still at Schwab because of TOS. Schwab's platform on their site SUCKS!
I'm going to look into interactive Brokers when I have more time. Schwab should've kept TDA's platform and changed the name and colors from green to blue. I told them that in an email.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I started using thinkorswim after the recent Schwab TD merger and have been liking it so far.
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

Aggie09Derek said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm only still at Schwab because of TOS. Schwab's platform on their site SUCKS!
I'm going to look into interactive Brokers when I have more time. Schwab should've kept TDA's platform and changed the name and colors from green to blue. I told them that in an email.
IB's platform is a big change from TOS. I have both now. Haven't gotten used to IB. Gonna take some time.
First Page Last Page
Page 6297 of 6508

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.