Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,923,754 Views | 227784 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
El Chupacabra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ags2013 said:

Kind of shocked PLTR hasn't cooled. Still looks like it may have some juice left.
I can buy a few thousand shares if you need it to tank about 30% by EOD!
EliteZags
AG
I'm up roughly Model 3 in LTCG on PLTR and holding, even the third of it in Roth
nortex97
AG
El Chupacabra said:

Ags2013 said:

Kind of shocked PLTR hasn't cooled. Still looks like it may have some juice left.

This may sound silly but I have about decided not to buy stocks again after 2pm central if they are up at all on the day unless earnings/event expected to drive something the next day.
FishrCoAg
AG
ProgN said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Anyone have any insight on who has the best platform for self directed trading?

I was with TDAmeritrade forever and recently moved to Schwab with the merger and am exploring options.

Merrill reached out to me today about bringing over funds and offering okay incentive but nothing crazy.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm only still at Schwab because of TOS. Schwab's platform on their site SUCKS!
I'm going to look into interactive Brokers when I have more time. Schwab should've kept TDA's platform and changed the name and colors from green to blue. I told them that in an email.

I hate Schwab's platform now. Their trade source program was ok for me but they dc'd it with the merger, and won't let me use TOS because part of my account is managed by an independent advisor
Heineken-Ashi
GRPN, in resistance zone where supply has flooded in last two times. Needs to hold $11 on any sell off to stay bullish. If so, $21 first target, then $27-$30 range.
ProgN
El Chupacabra said:

Ags2013 said:

ProgN
FishrCoAg said:

ProgN said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Anyone have any insight on who has the best platform for self directed trading?

I was with TDAmeritrade forever and recently moved to Schwab with the merger and am exploring options.

Merrill reached out to me today about bringing over funds and offering okay incentive but nothing crazy.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm only still at Schwab because of TOS. Schwab's platform on their site SUCKS!
I'm going to look into interactive Brokers when I have more time. Schwab should've kept TDA's platform and changed the name and colors from green to blue. I told them that in an email.

I hate Schwab's platform now. Their trade source program was ok for me but they dc'd it with the merger, and won't let me use TOS because part of my account is managed by an independent advisor
It's such bull**** having to keep hitting refresh constantly on their platform.

ETA: I'd look into IBKR if I were you.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I started using thinkorswim after the recent Schwab TD merger and have been liking it so far.

Thank you. I didn't even realize they kept TOS active.

Heineken-Ashi
Would move stop on MLCO to $8.35 range as a break of that has a good chance of continuing down to re-test the high $7's and potentially fail completely. Dpuble top at high $8's needs to be broken with continuation above $9.50 range from Jan 2.
nortex97
AG
I'm on fidelity (puke awful) and then a small side hustle on Webull. I think Webull is actually pretty effective but it is also pretty obnoxious to deal with, and frankly I am a bit of a simpleton about charts etc. and just prefer the freebie yahoo finance for general screening/checking on stuff. I've never used thinkorswim, it sounds probably better it's just a pain linking accounts initially etc.
El_duderino
That's the web version though right? I haven't had any issues on the desktop ToS platform.

ProgN
Have you asked Schwab if you split your account and open a separate account for the money you exclusively control would they allow that new account access TOS?
FishrCoAg
AG
ProgN said:

Have you asked Schwab if you split your account and open a separate account for the money you exclusively control would they allow that new account access TOS?

Working on that!
ProgN
El_duderino said:

That's the web version though right? I haven't had any issues on the desktop ToS platform.

Yes, it's their crappy website. I'd have already left if they F'ed with TOS.
ProgN
confucius_ag
AG
Any thoughts on MOS (Mosaic)?
Just raised div
Kind of been hit by Red Sea/Suez situation
Trying to decide on an entry
GS moved PT from $54 to $48
And spring planting season about to start
ProgN
nortex97 said:

I'm on fidelity (puke awful) and then a small side hustle on Webull. I think Webull is actually pretty effective but it is also pretty obnoxious to deal with, and frankly I am a bit of a simpleton about charts etc. and just prefer the freebie yahoo finance for general screening/checking on stuff. I've never used thinkorswim, it sounds probably better it's just a pain linking accounts initially etc.
Schwab sucks but from reading posts on here for years it sounds like Fidelity is even worse. Schwab's website is amateur hour but it does link seamlessly to TOS. There's a lot of YouTube videos and tutorials that help you get up to speed using TOS.
ProgN
confucius_ag said:

Just raised div

This immediately popped into my head when I looked at their chart. Too many better options to get into instead of trying to pick the bottom and have dead money. JMO
Heineken-Ashi
Anyone looked up Schwab's call report lately?
AgEng06
AG
WTF GVSI?
ravingfans
AG
El_duderino said:

And I'm out on PLTR with a nice 30% win to get this ball game going.
I'm still in, but have a stop at $20.38 from earlier today. Debating whether the momentum is dying or if I should just move my stop up...
I bleed maroon
AG
ProgN said:

nortex97 said:

Schwab sucks but from reading posts on here for years it sounds like Fidelity is even worse. Schwab's website is amateur hour but it does link seamlessly to TOS. There's a lot of YouTube videos and tutorials that help you get up to speed using TOS.
Longtime Schwab user - used all their different platforms at times. I agree they were all fairly basic (but met what I needed). I started using ThinkOrSwim a few months ago when they made it available for Schwab users. So far, I'm pretty pleased, with a couple exceptions:

1) ToS doesn't have a way to automatically populate expired orders from the previous day, so I resubmit them from the Schwab order status site, which saves order history.

2) By far my biggest complaint with Schwab (and I have told them repeatedly) is lack of a money market sweep capability. Even Fidelity (which is a much crappier trading environment) offers this.
FTAG 2000
AG
ProgN said:

confucius_ag said:

Just raised div

This immediately popped into my head when I looked at their chart. Too many better options to get into instead of trying to pick the bottom and have dead money. JMO

This. And looking at FMC earnings yesterday for a sector proxy to MOS says to pass
Heineken-Ashi
Market breaking out from its funk
confucius_ag
AG
Thanks for the replies on MOS.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ProgN said:

Well fam, I just returned from the vet and my son's cat is going to make it AND a lot of people made some cash, so we need rally ass.

Never fails
ProgN
I enter all my trades on their website as I did at TDA, that's not a big deal to me. Having to click on refresh all the time is what infuriates me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hopefully TNA can break past $35.50 resistance tomorrow.
EnronAg
AG
does SNAP ever not tank on earnings?!? my goodness, I cannot remember an ER where they didn't get slammed...but the trade is going long after ER as it seems like they recover every time...
Tibbers
AgEng06 said:

WTF GVSI?

It's going to be a roller coaster until we learn who the merging partner will be. I'm bummed it isn't today.
gggmann
AG
I bleed maroon said:

2) By far my biggest complaint with Schwab (and I have told them repeatedly) is lack of a money market sweep capability. Even Fidelity (which is a much crappier trading environment) offers this.
This is my biggest peeve with Schwab. I know several folks who moved to Fidelity because of the 5% interest paid on cash that is securing put options. TOS is pretty good though, so I will continue to stay w/ Schwab for the time being.
I bleed maroon
AG
gggmann said:

I bleed maroon said:

This is my biggest peeve with Schwab. I know several folks who moved to Fidelity because of the 5% interest paid on cash that is securing put options. TOS is pretty good though, so I will continue to stay w/ Schwab for the time being.
Yeah - I moved a fairly decent sized after tax account (left my IRA at Schwab) to BoA / Merrill Edge because of this - my Schwab contact tried to get me special treatment (apparently they grandfathered a few whales when they discontinued this in 2018 or so). He understood.

Turns out, Merrill Edge is even worse than Fidelity, so after a few months, I moved back to Schwab. I did get an incentive both ways, so it may have been worth it?

I also just did a partial transfer to Wells Fargo for some set-and-forget holdings (over 10 years holding period, with large unrealized capital gains) for another incentive. It's still in process, so I will wait to report on their platform. When I canceled my last Wells Fargo brokerage account around ten years ago, they didn't even offer options trading, so I can't imagine it's a lot more viable now - I'm envisioning something worse than Fidelity (which spouse uses, and likes, by the way).
ProgN
ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery to launch joint sports streaming platform this year (cnbc.com)
Quote:

Walt Disney
's ESPN, Fox
and Warner Bros. Discovery
plan to launch a joint sports streaming service this fall, sources told CNBC on Tuesday.

The platform does not yet have a name or a price.

The competitors will form the joint service at a time when the value of sports media rights is spiking, but viewers have moved away from watching on traditional cable.

Disney, in particular, has suffered from a shift away from its ESPN network, and sought new ways to revive the business.
confucius_ag
AG
ProgN said:

ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery to launch joint sports streaming platform this year (cnbc.com)
Quote:

Walt Disney
's ESPN, Fox
and Warner Bros. Discovery
plan to launch a joint sports streaming service this fall, sources told CNBC on Tuesday.

The platform does not yet have a name or a price.

The competitors will form the joint service at a time when the value of sports media rights is spiking, but viewers have moved away from watching on traditional cable.

Disney, in particular, has suffered from a shift away from its ESPN network, and sought new ways to revive the business.

That seems like a big CF
El_duderino
Looks like NOV is in a good r/r position assuming a stop at $17
First Page Last Page
Page 6298 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.