Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,923,753 Views | 227784 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
bmoochie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

Is there much risk in holding PLTR at the open tomorrow to see what happens or are these plays best sold after the close? Thanks again Prog, this one makes up for missing out on POWL!
I think this is a case by case answer. Prog and a few others already gave their plan/opinions. Mine is I finally got a good win so just take the profit. Stack the singles like Prog has stated. And have a plan, mine of which was sell AH on a good earnings pop. I also had a next Week cheap $20 call to allow myself extra continuation if it decided to continue so I had defined my risk/plan immediately. Which is something that i have struggled the most with.

glad to see this thread come alive again!
nancydeedavis
I sold about 87% of my position to get net free and letting these remaining shares ride for longer term gains (hopefully).
El Chupacabra
I wish I had a little more risk tolerance. Sold about $1.50 too early.
Heineken-Ashi
El Chupacabra said:

Trailing stops.
ProgN
El Chupacabra said:

Don't dwell and have regrets because it'll cloud your decisions later on and you'll lose. Celebrate your profits and continue to stack singles. JMO
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Nice call prog! Just sold short at 19.93 to lock in profits from the expiring 17.5 call lotto i bought this morning
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
confucius_ag said:

I have 20 contracts PLTR 2/9 18 calls @ . $59 avg. I sweated all day, trying to decide to sell them or keep through ER.

You goin sizzler!

ProgN
It had a print at $20 AH.

ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/05/palantir-pltr-earnings-q4-2023.html
Quote:

Palantir

shares surged more than 19% in after-hours trading after the company reported fourth-quarter earnings that beat analysts' expectations for revenue. The company's full-year guidance for 2024 came roughly in line with Wall Street's estimates.
Quote:

Palantir's revenue for the fourth quarter ending Dec. 31, 2023, increased 20% year over year to $608.4 million, up from $508.6 million a year earlier. The company reported a net income of $93.4 million, or 4 cents per share, compared with $30.9 million, or 1 cent per share, in the year-ago quarter.

In a letter to shareholders, Palantir CEO Alex Karp said the company's expansion and growth "have never been greater," especially as demand for large language models in the U.S. "continues to be unrelenting." Palantir has been rolling out its Artificial Intelligence Platform, or AIP, and Karp said the company carried out nearly 600 pilots with the technology in 2023, up from fewer than 100 in 2022.

"Our results reflect both the strength of our software and the surging demand that we are seeing across industries and sectors for artificial intelligence platforms," Karp wrote.

Palantir said it expects to report between $612 million and $616 million in revenue during its first quarter, and it guided revenue for the full year between $2.65 billion and $2.67 billion. Wall Street was expecting $617 million during the first quarter and $2.66 billion in revenue for the full year.

Palantir, known for its defense and intelligence work with the U.S. government, said its U.S. commercial revenue grew 70% year over year. Palantir said its U.S. commercial customer count increased 55% year over year, growing from 143 customers to 221 customers.
confucius_ag
AG
The call was really good. Karp was in fine form.
ProgN
confucius_ag said:

The call was really good. Karp was in fine form.
He's a damn good CEO and very conservative with his forward guidance. The street knows that too.
reedsterg
AG
Tibbers said:

Gvsi up 20% today going into what we all hope will be a killer Tuesday. (In a good way)

I'm net free, but still don't know what the strategy should be on this.
lobwedgephil
ProgN said:

It had a print at $20 AH.

Nice call.
Tibbers
reedsterg said:

Tibbers said:

Gvsi up 20% today going into what we all hope will be a killer Tuesday. (In a good way)

I'm net free, but still don't know what the strategy should be on this.

I'm with ya as it all depends on the merging party or parties. Once we find that out, I think it'll be a bit easier to decide what to do, but tomorrow should be a lot of info.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
GVSI - blast from the past!!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It is almost time for my favorite, LABU, again
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Heineken-Ashi
AOSL with earnings tomorrow. Chart looks good to try for $30-$35 on next move. Great hold of support.
ProgN

I'm ringing the register mates!
bhanacik
AG
just sold enough PLTR to go net-free on the entire position. leaving the rest alone indefinately
Heineken-Ashi
Setting my PLTR sell target on half of my long term shares at $24. If you bought at earnings, just move stop a hair below the bottom of today's candle. If it decides to reverse and close the gap, you are out. If it keeps moving up, move your stop below every higher low on the way using hourly candles.
Ags2013
AG
I enjoy making money
confucius_ag
AG
Great morning gents.
Heineken-Ashi
Earnings gap ups seem to hit their head around mid day FYI.
Heineken-Ashi
By the way, I shouldn't have to remind you, but PLTR's first upper gap is $23.95 back in November 2021
confucius_ag
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

By the way, I shouldn't have to remind you, but PLTR's first upper gap is $23.95 back in November 2021
I am going to start selling some CC's if we get there.
TheVarian
AG
I had to set alerts for dips and rises…not going to miss out this time.

30% is still 30% return
Heineken-Ashi
Bought AOSL. Not much volume on the calls for earnings day. Stop is $24.80. If it gets stopped, I'll be watching $24 to see if it holds as last support for re-rentry.
Heineken-Ashi
EL - Trying to close the earnings gap down. If it can hold the high $135's, this could see $175 over the coming months.
nortex97
AG
Thx ProgN.
Heineken-Ashi
Ideally PLTR will now hold $21 and then go on to $22.50-$3.00. I've moved stop up to $20.75
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
BLZE flashed a 52W-high at the open after announcing a new product launch. With earnings next week, could be interesting to follow! Joining the AOSL fun and bought the dip this morning
Moy
Thanks for the pile-o-cash! PLTR in @$16.51, out @$20.65
joekm3
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Bought AOSL. Not much volume on the calls for earnings day. Stop is $24.80. If it gets stopped, I'll be watching $24 to see if it holds as last support for re-rentry.

Are you aware of results forecast or just the chart? I see a cup formed mid October-Jan 1 and a handle with two small cups since 1/1. Trading just above the 50 day and support around $25.70. What is the setup here on the day of earnings. It does not have the same earnings and business health setup as PLTR and POWL going into same day AH earnings. I'm not doubting you, I'm trying to understand so that I can be more than a sheeple!
Tibbers
Today is the day for GVSI as the PR is scheduled for today as to the details of the merger. Please be a big boy that just wants to quickly uplist to Nasdaq heh! Yay!
First Page Last Page
Page 6296 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.