Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,906,833 Views | 227753 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Hey since you guys like leveraged funds, i just bought some march 1 30 strike BOIL calls. Looking back through my notes i believe it was pjf who noted pretty solid seasonality of nat gas recovering in februaries after getting pummelled through the winter
frankm01
I completely mismanaged BOIL last year and have sworn against it since. I have even configured my computer so I can't type the letters B O I L in that order ever again.
El_duderino
Got in around $16.65 on PLTR.
ProgN
agdaddy04
AG
How sustainable is this for NVDA?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
frankm01 said:

I completely mismanaged BOIL last year and have sworn against it since. I have even configured my computer so I can't type the letters B O I L in that order ever again.
Makes two of us.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I did nibble some more TNA at $33 this morning.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I did nibble some more TNA at $33 this morning.
Brewmaster
AG
techno-ag said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Hey since you guys like leveraged funds, i just bought some march 1 30 strike BOIL calls. Looking back through my notes i believe it was pjf who noted pretty solid seasonality of nat gas recovering in februaries after getting pummelled through the winter

LOL, yeah be careful. the trend forever on that one is down.

nibbled some MARA shares down here.
Heineken-Ashi
IWM held a deeper support, but its support nonetheless. Might we be looking at some Friday calls? Stay tuned
joekm3
AG
agdaddy04 said:

How sustainable is this for NVDA?
And SMCI. I kept missing on SMCI but bought some at the dip on Friday. It might end up being a swing trade, but 13.5% in a day ain't bad. Now, I'm determining my exit. I'm nervous at the current price, but it sure wants to go to $700 soon. I have a strong position in NVDA as well. And then there's PLTR. I'm definitely heavy in this area.
joekm3
AG
Heinekien: Are you continuing to hold CORZ, CORZW, and CORZZ? It has been a nice return overall, especially CORZZ.
Heineken-Ashi
joekm3 said:

Heinekien: Are you continuing to hold CORZ, CORZW, and CORZZ? It has been a nice return overall, especially CORZZ.
Yes. Will not consider selling until postb-bankruptcy operations are stabilized. Not necessarily advising that for everyone. But my plan is longer term unless we get a price blowout earlier.
joekm3
AG
Thanks, I'm willing to ride it as well.
Heineken-Ashi
Crude oil teetering on a breakdown. Needs to hold and bounce hard
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Crude oil teetering on a breakdown. Needs to hold and bounce hard
El_duderino
nortex97
AG
PLTR skyrocketing after close. Sort of weird.
joekm3
AG
It appears to off to the races!
Ags2013
AG
Let's goooo PLTR
Brewmaster
AG
all those puts getting destroyed, lol.

MARA - stopped out already, new low of day. note to self listen to Prog next time! (not in PLTR)
Heineken-Ashi
Revenue in line to flat on expectations. Government rev down and commercial rev up

Edit: not down, but lower than expectation, commercial higher than expectation.
Bonfire.1996
nortex97 said:

why? They reported a revenue beat and growth appears to be accelerating. Looks like forward PE will be in the 45x range which is pretty small for companies with that level of profitable AI growth.
ProgN
nortex97 said:

Quote:

Feb 5 (Reuters) - Palantir Technologies forecast a full-year profit above Wall Street estimates on strong demand for its artificial intelligence offerings, sending the data analytics company's shares up more than 9% in extended trading.

Enterprises are looking to build and deploy their own AI-backed offerings, helping demand for Palantir's products including its Artificial Intelligence Program, which CEO Alex Karp sees as the "future" of the company.

Palantir signed 103 deals of over $1 million each in the fourth quarter, Chief Revenue Officer Ryan Taylor told Reuters on Tuesday.

U.S. commercial revenue in the quarter ended Dec. 31 surged 70% to $131 million, compared with a 12% increase a year earlier.
Bonfire.1996
Companies are going to deploy AI to manage purchasing, payables, service teams, sales pricing, and many other overhead style tasks. The language models PLTR is developing will cost companies millions and save them tens of millions.
bmoochie
AG
Sold at $19.14 AH. Thanks again Prog!
ProgN
bmoochie said:

Sold at $19.14 AH. Thanks again Prog!
"Very good Danielsan"

That's great! I love it when our clubhouse family profits.
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
Is there much risk in holding PLTR at the open tomorrow to see what happens or are these plays best sold after the close? Thanks again Prog, this one makes up for missing out on POWL!
confucius_ag
AG
I have 20 contracts PLTR 2/9 18 calls @ . $59 avg. I sweated all day, trying to decide to sell them or keep through ER.
Heineken-Ashi
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

Is there much risk in holding PLTR at the open tomorrow to see what happens or are these plays best sold after the close? Thanks again Prog, this one makes up for missing out on POWL!
It really depends. This one could be opposite AMD. Open with a gap up and close it while earnings longs jump out of the way and it pushes down into $14 support. On the flip side, if it takes out previous high, sentiment could carry it up much more before it retraces back to high teens / low $20's mean.

This earnings report was almost a confirmation that the last one wasn't a fluke. It's hard to be bearish now. But the market doesn't always care about logic and will push and pull as forces compete against each other.
EliteZags
AG
anyone else decently heavy long on PLTR?

it's my biggest individual position at close to 5% of portfolio (over double each of GOOG/AMZN/TSLA/PYPL/ENPH)

I got in way too early the first time it was around 20 but kept buying all the way down to $6 for average down to low teens, obviously should've been goin heavier end of 2022

I'm holding several years seems like a unique opportunity
Tibbers
Gvsi up 20% today going into what we all hope will be a killer Tuesday. (In a good way)
ProgN
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

FWIW, I'm holding overnight in all the accounts I manage. I'm in it for a trade so I'll decide tomorrow morning what I'll do based on it's pre-market action.
I bleed maroon
AG
EliteZags said:

anyone else decently heavy long on PLTR?

it's my biggest individual position at close to 5% of portfolio (over double each of GOOG/AMZN/TSLA/PYPL/ENPH)

I got in way too early the first time it was around 20 but kept buying all the way down to $6 for average down to low teens, obviously should've been goin heavier end of 2022

I'm holding several years seems like a unique opportunity
I have a moderate position, opened on the day they went public. I've ridden it up and down, and wrote some covered calls along the way, so am not dissatisfied with my return.

Right now, I have APR 19 $25 covered calls on my entire position. So I'm OK either way - slow ride up, or get there fast and take my shares.
I bleed maroon
AG
It looks like my cost basis is $9.50 a share.
First Page Last Page
Page 6295 of 6508

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.