Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,923,887 Views | 227784 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will be buying YUM between $122 and $124 with stop at $121.30
djmeen95
AG
For those of us who are on the slow train to Boom or Bust… WWR news earlier today:

https://stocks.apple.com/AvPKZajZ6QvamxqSbmKp9Qg

Wes****er Resources Announces First Off-Take Agreement for Sale of Graphite from its Kellyton Plant

Wes****er contracts to supply natural purified graphite anode material to SK On, a leading manufacturer of EV batteries, at its plants in the U.S.

Off-Take Agreement a critical element to obtaining financing for construction of Kellyton Phase I

Pursuant to the terms of the Off-Take Agreement, Wes****er will supply CSPG-10 natural graphite anode products (the "Product") from its Kellyton Graphite Plant located near Kellyton, Alabama to SK On battery plants located within the U.S. Under the terms of the Procurement Agreement, SK On will be obligated to purchase, on an annual basis, a quantity of Product equal to a percentage of the forecasted volume required by SK On (the "Minimum Purchase Amount"), provided that the Minimum Purchase Amount may be increased from time to time by the mutual agreement of the parties. The forecasted volume required by SK On in the final year of the Off-Take Agreement is 10,000 mt of Product.
HoustonAg2014
AG
I was just thinking this morning how I hasn't heard any WWR news in a while… Glsd to see the company is still working towards their goals.
ProgN
buying PLTR here
joekm3
AG
I bought PLTR at $16.95. Let's see what happens.
nortex97
AG
I disavowed WWR a couple years ago I think when I sloppily bought and then held onto it way too long (6 months or so). I refuse to revisit that abusive relationship.
TheVarian
AG
I can't stay away from the toxic stuff, I'm too in love with the "hope"
ProgN
TheVarian said:

I can't stay away from the toxic stuff, I'm too in love with the "hope"
Nagler
AG
nortex97 said:

I disavowed WWR a couple years ago I think when I sloppily bought and then held onto it way too long (6 months or so). I refuse to revisit that abusive relationship.

Heineken-Ashi
TSN - Looking for $50-$55 with stop at $49.95. Might not come quick and might not come at all. But I would expect to see a reset of tehcnical indicators there, and if that region holds, the R/R could be awesome.
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
Is there any buy zone for TSLA or can it keep going lower? Feels like its getting close to oversold, but there are a lot of factors going against it in the EV industry.
Heineken-Ashi
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

Is there any buy zone for TSLA or can it keep going lower? Feels like its getting close to oversold, but there are a lot of factors going against it in the EV industry.
$150-$160 is going to be huge support.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I have in my notes to buy at 169.76, not sure who i got that from but i think it was one of you guys?
cjo03
AG
for those interested in another roll of the dice at $WWR, there are some Aug $1 calls out there...

...and for the option professors of texags, this leads me to another question - who sets option availability? i.e. the furthest out call on WWR is currently August 2024 - but 'back in the day' they were selling 2 years out.
lck90
AG
Thoughts on SLB at this price range?
krosch11
AG
My personal opinion is I've been consolidating some September calls down here.

At the support level of long term weekly and monthly trend lines. If it fails here I'll cut bait and monitor.
Heineken-Ashi
cjo03 said:

for those interested in another roll of the dice at $WWR, there are some Aug $1 calls out there...

...and for the option professors of texags, this leads me to another question - who sets option availability? i.e. the furthest out call on WWR is currently August 2024 - but 'back in the day' they were selling 2 years out.

If nobody is interested then nothing will be set. Remember 2021 when all the growth stocks all the sudden had weekly options availability at half strikes? Interest and volatility creates more interest and volatility.
Heineken-Ashi
REE again threatening the uptrend line from the October bottom. It's held every time and we have a beautiful ascending triangle with runway as far out as early March before it would need to make a decision.

May $7.5 calls are on the only relevant interest on all of the options chains with only the May $5 put coming close in open interest. So very low options liquidity. I'm playing shares unless that changes. Going to set the stop at $5.00 to prevent a slight overshoot downward shakeout.

If it breaks above $6.50, $7.00 is first resistance with $7.75 as next. Through that and $8-$10 range is happening for a 1.35x - 1.75x on your cost (2.75x-5.25x your risk).

Remember how I said, I want 1.5x minimum on cost and potential for 4x on risk? We are pretty dang close. And I might be willing to stretch on this one BECAUSE the setup is there. This isn't a hope for reversal. This is a standard bullish setup. These are the types you look for. They are higher probability. Can it still fail? Absolutely. But you have to take your swings early in the count when you get the fastball you are looking for.

So buying here but expecting a little lower. Will add if it gets to $5.50.

Edit to add: There's equal interest in the May $5 strike as the $7.50.
Heineken-Ashi
Lowering price target on AMD earnings shares to $184-$190 range. Will move support up as/if it goes and hits that range.

I personally got stopped out with a tight support at $175.50. But will keep tracking for those who might still be in.

Current support should be today's low. This morning was deeper than we wanted for a further breakout. Don't like when things start to overlap with big red candles.
cjo03
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

cjo03 said:

If nobody is interested then nothing will be set. Remember 2021 when all the growth stocks all the sudden had weekly options availability at half strikes? Interest and volatility creates more interest and volatility.

"interest" as defined by trading volume?
Heineken-Ashi
cjo03 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

cjo03 said:

"interest" as defined by trading volume?
There's volume and open interest on options strikes. Open interest is more like "total volume" while volume is daily volume.
nortex97
AG
It's an interesting stock based on the trends, I agree. Good lines on turning toward profitability, though I am concerned manufacturing an EV truck in Coventry UK using someone else's batteries is not…going to be a long term good business. They are supposed to now open production in Austin this year (tabled last year for cost cutting).

That seems to me like a late-year goal for a positive stock price move, if they can advance toward real mass production in Texas and hit their sales numbers.
nortex97
AG
Yeah I got out early today too. Happy to take a 10 percent profit in a week or whatever.
Heineken-Ashi
nortex97 said:

It's an interesting stock based on the trends, I agree. Good lines on turning toward profitability, though I am concerned manufacturing an EV truck in Coventry UK using someone else's batteries is not…going to be a long term good business. They are supposed to now open production in Austin this year (tabled last year for cost cutting).

That seems to me like a late-year goal for a positive stock price move, if they can advance toward real mass production in Texas and hit their sales numbers.
I'm focusing zero on the fundamentals here. This is purely a technical setup. You might end up being right. And I'm certainly not bullish on the general EV space. In fact, with this stock alone, I'm bearish past this move on both technical and industry fundamentals (not to mention this thing just hasn't ever traded with any relevant volume despite the large shares outstanding). I think it's a pop and reverse kind of move that's being set up. But it's an R/R I'm willing to accept because of the formation of a classic bullish breakout setup.
Heineken-Ashi
MARA - Not the prettiest chart since Jan 19 low. But there's a decent R/R setting up for what would be at best bullish and at worst a "longer more drawn out bearish upward retracement". Hold $15.50 and there's a play to get $20 on a short term trade (a reversal from there could lead to a new low, or could also turn more bullish). A break below $14.60 and we're looking for $10-$12.50 next.

If it were to get over $20, stop would move to $19.70 to book gains on new shares and limit risk.
ravingfans
AG
ProgN said:

buying PLTR here

I'm in at $16.71

Are you doing a stop or leaving yours open?
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Lowering price target on AMD earnings shares to $184-$190 range. Will move support up as/if it goes and hits that range.

I personally got stopped out with a tight support at $175.50. But will keep tracking for those who might still be in.

Current support should be today's low. This morning was deeper than we wanted for a further breakout. Don't like when things start to overlap with big red candles.
timely post, I was thinking AMD didn't look so hot with that big of a drop this morning. I'm looking to see if it retraces 50% of that move and what happens after.
ProgN
Open
Heineken-Ashi
PLTR - 40k volume today on Feb 16 $16 puts. There was 6k from a single whale at 10:40am at the bid (with a 1 cent bid/ask spread). Take that single put buyer out and you still have 3x volume on that put vs the closest call. Nothing even close to that on calls, though call interest at all strikes combined is greater than put interest. And call interest on all strikes for weekly expiring is greater than put interest.

Take from that what you will.
Heineken-Ashi
Since I'm long with a long term position on PLTR and a basis under $5, I'm going to join that whale on the $16 put looking for earnings to get us to that $14 support for a 2x+. This is a hedge for me. I am not bearish PLTR.
nortex97
AG
To your point I saw this flash across on fidelity;

"Palantir Technologies options imply 14.3% move in share price post-earnings
THE FLY
1:04 PM ET 02/05/2024
Pre-earnings options volume in Palantir Technologies (PLTR) is 2.1x normal with calls leading puts 5:3. Implied volatility suggests the market is anticipating a move near 14.3%, or $2.39, after results are released. Median move over the past eight quarters is 17.3%."
Heineken-Ashi
NOV oversold on daily but strength of trend on this downtrend is running very hot, and weekly has some room down if it wants it. Need it to rollover and show signs of bottoming. And we're very close to key support. Great place to enter with very high R/R. Just know, might be stopped quickly. My gut says it holds though.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Hey since you guys like leveraged funds, i just bought some march 1 30 strike BOIL calls. Looking back through my notes i believe it was pjf who noted pretty solid seasonality of nat gas recovering in februaries after getting pummelled through the winter
ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Hey since you guys like leveraged funds, i just bought some march 1 30 strike BOIL calls. Looking back through my notes i believe it was pjf who noted pretty solid seasonality of nat gas recovering in februaries after getting pummelled through the winter
Oh ***** You just fired up BES bat signal.
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Oh ***** You just fired up BES bat signal.
He bought those calls 3 months ago with 50% of his account value.

Love you Brian
First Page Last Page
Page 6294 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.