Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,923,070 Views | 227784 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
WestTexAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same. I had expiring calls from off the 200DMA yesterday. I had a 40% profit right before the video news dropped. I had a sell order to hit when PYPL hit $65 and it of course came up short.

So pissed.
Heineken-Ashi
Bought SPY weekly expiring $486 puts. Out just now on 2/3 booking 55% return. Hoping to get a little lower and push the return closer to 100%.
WestTexAg12
AG
I'm never playing earnings ever again. 0-3 on news/events this week.
TSLA. Bombed
PYPL. Bombed
INTC. BOMBED.
Heineken-Ashi
WestTexAg12 said:

TSLA. Bombed
PYPL. Bombed
INTC. BOMBED.
Earnings are gambles. Have to know where a stock is in its trend. Earnings are often merely a catalyst for engaging a reversal from an overbought or oversold position. Very few companies have explosive improvements in efficiencies, revenue generation, and earnings like NVDA. Sorry these didn't play out, but I hope you didn't engage with any risk beyond what you were willing to lose.
SAag1113
AG
What do yall think about VSTO 9/20 $32.5C ? Nice continuation and got unusual volume on that option as of late.
FTAG 2000
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

TSLA. Bombed
PYPL. Bombed
INTC. BOMBED.

You'd have been better off going to Vegas.

At least you get free drinks at the tables and some eye candy.
EnronAg
AG
PCE tomorrow morning at 7:30am is the catalyst that is sending SPX ripping to 5,000...gonna come in a smidge cool and the algos are gonna send this to S&P 5K
txaggie_08
AG
You were calling SPY 490 a couple weeks ago based on inflation data, and we have yet to get there.

One of these days you'll get there.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Have you considered inversing yourself?
WestTexAg12
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Have you considered inversing yourself?

I need to. Like the opposite George episode on Seinfeld. I'd probably be super rich and happy if I did.
ProgN
SAag1113 said:

What do yall think about VSTO 9/20 $32.5C ? Nice continuation and got unusual volume on that option as of late.
Disclaimer: I know nothing about this company but I will know it more after this weekend because here's what I see in the charts.

1) It's been on a steady rise since it's big drop last October.
2) The Bollinger bands are getting real tight, so it's coiling for move. I think it will be to the upside.
3) It's in a Darvas box which also means it's coiling for a move
4) RSI is turning up signaling a buy
5) MACD also to the upside

I'm adding to my watchlist and will look into this one deeper this weekend.

Thank you for bringing it to the board.
Heineken-Ashi
EnronAg said:

PCE tomorrow morning at 7:30am is the catalyst that is sending SPX ripping to 5,000...gonna come in a smidge cool and the algos are gonna send this to S&P 5K
I'm predicting spike down to open and then up through end of day. Would certainly help me close out the remaining expiring puts to maximize gains. If not, well.. that's why I locked in gains today,
Heineken-Ashi
If T-mobile can hold support after a disappointing earnings, could still see $175 by end of year. Look at what happened in Jan 2021. Might be seeing the same here, with an equal or worse selloff to follow.
Heineken-Ashi
Banking sector earnings are mostly flat or missing. Remember a couple weekends ago when I highlighted that the FED reverse repo facility was slowing liquidity into banks? Well, when banks can no longer loan their assets to the FED for a quick and easy 5%+ pay day, their only hope is growing revenue through other means. And all other revenue sources alone cant hide the balance sheet issues. This liquidity was keeping them propped up for nearly a year. Now we are starting to see what their financials look like in a quarter where it was being lowered. Next quarter will be worse barring the FED stepping back into the RRP, which it really cant do without adding even more risk to the entire banking sector long term and increase its own risk.

Stay tuned. Banks are not healthy, no matter what anyone is telling you.
DavysApprentice
AG
Still has that downside gap to fill at 27.43 but that's quite the candle on the daily. Definitely trading in a darvas box.

Todays volume was the highest since dec 18 as well with huge volume at this price when looking at the profile
ProgN
I just did a quick read of the chart and saw enough potential that I want to know more about the company so I'll research it this weekend.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm up 30% on my net worth in the last 90 days. Granted it would be more impressive of it was just on my portfolio, but I'm pretty damn happy with that.

Also it helps that my portfolio was really beaten down at the end of October due to holding a lot of TNA. Just glad it paid off.
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm up 30% on my net worth in the last 90 days. Granted it would be more impressive of it was just on my portfolio, but I'm pretty damn happy with that.

Also it helps that my portfolio was really beaten down at the end of October due to holding a lot of TNA. Just glad it paid off.
Always be careful with TNA.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Indeed. I took most profits back in December and am just starting to nibble back in these last couple weeks.

It also still hasn't quite caught up with the mega caps' rally. But once the rates start coming down, it's gonna be another moon shot for small caps.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The first rule of clubhouse win streaks, is we don't talk about win streaks. The market seems to take a sledgehammer to your sac when you have it all figured out.

Just kidding, great job. Keep moving forward, refining your craft and grow your account.
ravingfans
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

Same. I had expiring calls from off the 200DMA yesterday. I had a 40% profit right before the video news dropped. I had a sell order to hit when PYPL hit $65 and it of course came up short.

So pissed.

Sorry to hear that--

Mind if I ask what type of sell order did you enter? Was it a sell with limit or a sell at market? I'm presuming the former?
South Platte
I can't imagine my net worth changing 30% over 1 quarter. Holmes must have almost his entire net worth in leveraged funds.
Spoony Love
AG
ProgN said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The first rule of clubhouse win streaks, is we don't talk about win streaks. The market seems to take a sledgehammer to your sac when you have it all figured out.

Just kidding, great job. Keep moving forward, refining your craft and grow your account.
Also, TNA usually only works out short term. Horrible long term gains.
Heineken-Ashi
Without breaking over this week's high, expect some chop. But if we do, Im gonna lotto some SPY calls
reineraggie09
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

ProgN said:

I'll watch it because I'm old and remember the original, plus it's being released on Prime so I already pay for that anyway.
Exact same. Will watch it on a Friday night after the wife and kids are asleep and it's just me and some Basil Hayden.

My wife would be so mad. This is her type of movie. Put us down!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice pop for MARA.
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

Without breaking over this week's high, expect some chop. But if we do, Im gonna lotto some SPY calls
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

MARA traders - those of you trying to profit off short term moves with swings in and out. $17.90 - $18.50 range is likely going to have sellers step in and push this back down. To new lows? Don't know. But certainly back into the $15-$16 range.
hit 17.91 so far today

now let's see if shorts step back in to punch it down

E
AG
Someone say chop?

Von Miller has entered the conversation

ProgN
E said:

Someone say chop?

Von Miller has entered the conversation

Coryatt chopped down this TCU receiver on one of the coldest nights. That poor man probably still feels it.

ETA: Q would've been kicked out of the game if that happened now, but it was a clean hit.
EnronAg
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

looks like we are about to clip the ATH...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
S&P bouncing back up.

FishrCoAg
AG
Anyone looking at MRVL? Being recommended by a service I have but looks ripe for a model t retracement to me first
ProgN
FishrCoAg said:

Anyone looking at MRVL? Being recommended by a service I have but looks ripe for a model t retracement to me first
I love MRVL but not at this level. When it comes back to it's 100-200 DMA, then I'll be all over it.
Fightin2010
AG
We still thinking 18s then down to 15s on Mara?

Edit: didn't see post above
First Page Last Page
Page 6282 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.