Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,905,844 Views | 227753 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ProgN said:

E said:

Someone say chop?

Von Miller has entered the conversation

Coryatt chopped down this TCU receiver on one of the coldest nights. That poor man probably still feels it.

ETA: Q would've been kicked out of the game if that happened now, but it was a clean hit.
I can still hear that gif 30 years later
Heineken-Ashi
Yes, new high, but intraday signals overbought and butting our heads due to quick nature of the move up. Breadth indicator has not triggered as I hoped it would. Sitting idle right now and waiting for market to confirm one way or the other.
Heineken-Ashi
Just got a 5min RSI down signal. First one since the Wednesday top. No call lottos for now until small timeframe indicators can reset with a higher low than the last two days.
Heineken-Ashi
FTV update - earnings mid next week.

Not really expecting a blazing fast mover on $80 March calls. Low volatiltiy. Again, it wasn't an attempt to buy high gamma or anything, merely trying to capture a move up in a cheaper manner than buying outright shares, hence the 2 months out timeframe. I went ahead and jumped in first tranche of calls this week at $0.50 and will assess early next week to see if I want to add.

Interesting enough, there's double the amount of March $95 calls as there is $80. Have to believe that's someone trying to limit cost on an earnings move. Also, there's 568 volume of the $75's in March today alone. That's pretty telling. Someone going NTM for best R/R. Not many puts to offset calls today, but open puts seem to have attacked $65-$70 range likely hedging or downside earnings gambles.
El_duderino
Did someone mention FMC recently? RSI and MACD both trending up and there's a gap fill around $66.28 which is around a 14% move up from current price.
Heineken-Ashi
Good thing we held off on call lottos. Did grab a handful of puts near the high this morning and sold them for 2x. Helped raise my play money in case we get a setup either way for power hour.
Heineken-Ashi
If we get down to 4875-4880 I'll be considering the $486 lottos looking for 2x. All or nothing.

Edit: Sorry $486's. Don't trust that it could boom enough end of day to see the $487's with enough reward.
FTAG 2000
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

If ASO reverse down we're going to be looking for mid to high $50's for entry for the 24 in 24 play.
24 in 24?
El_duderino
24 stocks for 2024 that have good risk/reward potential.
FTAG 2000
AG
El_duderino said:

Thanks. Was there a list given previously somewhere on the thread?
Heineken-Ashi
FTAG 2000 said:

El_duderino said:

Thanks. Was there a list given previously somewhere on the thread?
It was a running list. Each name's initial post had what I was looking for. Some were waiting for retraces to trigger entry.

Running list

OXY - Energy - O&G
SMCI - Tech - Hardware
AMD - Tech - Semiconductor
CRM - Tech - Software
CXM - Tech - Software
TLT - 20+ Year Treasury ETF
NOV - Energy - Equipment and Technology
TSLA - Consumer Discretionary - EV
TSN - Consumer Staples - Food
WHD - Energy - Equipment sales and rentals
UNFI - Consumer Staples - Distributor
MLCO - Consumer Discretionary - Gaming & Hospitality
DOW - Materials - Chemical
ASO - Consumer Discretionary - Retail
U - Tech - Software
FUBO - Communications - Sports/Streaming
YUM - Consumer Discretionary - Franchise restaurants
LYFT - Industrials - Transportation Rideshare
REE - Consumer Discretionary - EV Tech
Heineken-Ashi
Probably avoiding lottos into close. Would need some big action to make them worthwhile.
El_duderino
Was eyeing right when SPY hit $486.5, but missed that window.
joekm3
AG
Earnings are 2/5. It would need to fill over the next 2 weeks to have a cushion to ride through earnings.
Heineken-Ashi
This action isn't going to resolve until sometime next week. No bias between breakout or further drop. Best trade is to not trade when in the chop zone.
agdaddy04
AG
Is anyone else still in SHOT? Should've gotten out on the massive spike before the negative article came out. Still quite in the positive, and had a nice pop on Friday.
ravingfans
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Just got a 5min RSI down signal. First one since the Wednesday top. No call lottos for now until small timeframe indicators can reset with a higher low than the last two days.

I'm still coming up to speed here--what is a "Lotto"?
Heineken-Ashi
ravingfans said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

I'm still coming up to speed here--what is a "Lotto"?
Big upside potential, but usually all or nothing type of trades. Most frequently referring to quick expiring option plays.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well that was a quick reversal. Also, MARA with another pop.
Talon2DSO
AG
AMD earnings tomorrow after market close. Currently trading at $175. Most recent target as of 5 mins ago is $195 post earnings call.
ProgN
Talon2DSO said:

AMD earnings tomorrow after market close. Currently trading at $175. Most recent target as of 5 mins ago is $195 post earnings call.
I bot 1 3/1 $150p @ $2.50
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well that was a quick reversal. Also, MARA with another pop.
busted past that 18.50 mark in the 19's now, lots of volume. maybe this pop holds above recent trend.
bmoochie
AG
thought process because it's already run up so much?
Ranger222
AG
I've been holding out for a long time on building a basket of stocks around CRISPR technology/biotechs, just due to timing and allowing some of these companies to get more mature, but I think now, in the early half of 2024, is a decent time to begin building. However, I like the prices that some of these are trading.

My basket currently:

CRSP
NTLA (My personal fav)
BEAM
PRME (least developed but prime editing has the largest future upside)

Could add to it:
VRTX (monster on its own, would love to accumulate at a lower price)
CRBU
EDIT

Picks and shovel plays off of it:
ILMN (liking this one right now anyway)
TXG
PACB
TWST

Caution: Biotechs have been a ROUGH sector due to money no longer being free and while some of their research programs are advanced and in clinical trials, will still need injections of cash. Could still be some downside risk here.

Heineken-Ashi
Buying TLT for the 24 list. Stop $93.

Targets:

Short term - $97
Mid Term - $111
Long term - $120
HODL (hold on for dear life, hope it works out) - $130-$150 - though it would be wise to sell at highs and buy back at lows along the way if you were hoping for this.

I'm planning to sell at short term target and see what happens. If we get a good retrace, I'll buy back in for next target.
Heineken-Ashi
The FED and banks Fed Update: What's Going On With The Bank Term Funding Program | Seeking Alpha

TLDR

1. The FED provided an avenue after SVB collapse for banks to borrow assets through the Bank Term Funding Program. Banks would have to pay 10 basis points above the overnight swap rate (which is where they would normally access liquidity through the discount window) in interest to borrow assets from the FED. So slightly more expensive than the usual discount window, but very easily accessible.

2. When rates dropped, the rate to borrow from the BTFP was actually cheaper than the rate of the traditional discount window.

Why is this important?

In December, banks were borrowing assets from the FED, turning around and parking them back at the FED. The interest banks were paying to the FED was less than the interest the FED was paying the banks in this roundabout process.

The FED was literally handing out free money to banks, and only very recently announced they are going to close the BTFP. Either the FED was really really stupid, or all of this was on purpose. Either way, banks have been propped up moreso than usual because of a "loophole" in the system. And that loophole is going away very soon.
Heineken-Ashi
Setting a MARA stop on shares acquired over the last month at $17.24. Breakdown of that area doesn't make me feel good for this being a new leg up. As long as above that, my shares I acquired in the high $14's are staying long.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Massive green candles, what just happened?
El_duderino
Sold my calls
ProgN
bmoochie said:

thought process because it's already run up so much?
It's gone parabolic and increased 100% in 90 days. Their CEO is usually conservative in her forward looking guidance and they're priced to perfection. What could they possibly say that would shoot this stock even higher? I just think they're at a top. I only bought 1 for ****s and giggles, so we'll see.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
El_duderino said:

Sold my calls
Thank you for your service.
Philip J Fry
AG
WULF has been on fire. Likely because I didn't jump in. The likelihood of dilution seems very high.
El_duderino
I did NOT let those suckers run. Any profit is good profit though.

And SMCI
fightintxag13
AG
El_duderino said:

And SMCI
In regards to SMCI...speaking of not letting things run.

[mutters repeatedly to himself like a crazy person] Taking profit is never wrong. Taking profit is never wrong...
ProgN
fightintxag13 said:

El_duderino said:

And SMCI
In regards to SMCI...speaking of not letting things run.

[mutters repeatedly to himself like a crazy person] Taking profit is never wrong. Taking profit is never wrong...
It will pullback when this market rolls over and it's going to.
First Page Last Page
Page 6283 of 6508

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.