Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,923,249 Views | 227784 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
K2-HMFIC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heineken-Ashi said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I'm not sure if many of y'all listen to the "All In" podcast but 2 wks ago they did their 2024 predictions. One of the hosts pounded the table on buying URA ETF. It's focused on Uranium assets. Anyone been tracking the commodity? Any thoughts?
Yes. Predicting significant uranium shortages worldwide. I've been waiting on a dip in price first that might or might not come.

What do you guys think of the ETF URNM?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What's going on with UNFI? +4% AH
khkman22
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Yeah. Looks like it. Exited and waiting near the bottom of the gap to re-enter.
WULF down to $1.43. Do you have a target re-entry? I just started looking at it tonight.
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone take the FDX or FMC trade?

We've been very active in the markets, due to anticipating the chop days post WRB. We sold the open last two days, bought Puts, banked 100%+ on those and used drawdowns for tradeable entries to give initial trims on reversion.

Occasionally you get some luck to go with your trades. PYPL last week before the CEO went "shock the world" and then yesterday we entered BABA calls based on a technical low recapture trade. Low and behold China announces a major economic package and BABA soars over $5.

We also entered NTES calls and it held its gap, closing right at days high. I think we see that have a significant move.

oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

Philip J Fry said:

Yeah. Looks like it. Exited and waiting near the bottom of the gap to re-enter.
WULF down to $1.43. Do you have a target re-entry? I just started looking at it tonight.
WULF formed an inside bar today. $1.48 is first level upside indicator with $1.54 continuation trigger. $1.36 is the inside bar first downside indicator with $1.31 triggering more downside.

These are much tighter than most stocks, due to the small price. Many times I look for a break to below the inside bar first level and then a quick reversal push taking out the upside triggers. This one could just move up, but the 3 day pattern is screaming push upward IMO.
aggies4life
AG
Any new news with wwr? What are others doing? Buying more at this price or just moving on?
krosch11
AG
I've been buying sub .50 and flipping them whenever they touch .70 cents or so until net free on bought shares . Doing that has accumulated me quite a few "free" shares to get my avg down . Added up over time but that's just me .
oldarmy1
AG
Was doing the same until after the last sale last year. At this point I'm just holding to see what production brings.

Philip J Fry
AG
Came very close to pulling the trigger on it yesterday.

My concern with WULF is the amount of debt they are carrying. I think any time there is a push up, there's a reasonable chance of them diluting their price with additional shares in preparation for the halving event. Has me leaning towards MARA as the safer bet
oldarmy1
AG
We took some weekly $16 calls on MARA today at 11am $0.75 and those reached $1.10 and trims were taken along the way.
El_duderino
I don't see any news or any out of the ordinary volume as far as I can tell
Heineken-Ashi
K2-HMFIC said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I'm not sure if many of y'all listen to the "All In" podcast but 2 wks ago they did their 2024 predictions. One of the hosts pounded the table on buying URA ETF. It's focused on Uranium assets. Anyone been tracking the commodity? Any thoughts?
Yes. Predicting significant uranium shortages worldwide. I've been waiting on a dip in price first that might or might not come.

What do you guys think of the ETF URNM?
I'm not familiar, sorry. Will look into it.
Heineken-Ashi
CORZQ will begin trading tomorrow under the ticker CORZ

Core Scientific emerges from bankruptcy with debt lightened by $400M (msn.com)

Shares will be converted 10:1 is what I'm reading.
oldarmy1
AG
URNM has a trigger at $55.09.....make sure its not a trap but it should follow through to $56.63.

I know there's a gap not too far below low today, but technically it can fire off and not deal with the gap at this time.
Heineken-Ashi
I'm eyeing March $80 calls for FTV. Earnings on Jan 31. This has potential to $85. Little bit of a breakout tease today. LOVE daily and weekly MACD bounce with other technical showing room to run. Not a lot of interest at 300 contracts outstanding, but 103 bought today. Beer candles indicate beginning of trend continuation uptrend after support held.
El_duderino
Covered calls or scalp?
Heineken-Ashi
El_duderino said:

Covered calls or scalp?
Neither. Looking at a potential $10 per share move in the stock over 1-3 months. Considering taking on more risk by buying the March $80's. Less capital invested with potential between 2-5x. But obviously more risk if wrong. If you have the capital, could be worth shares, but stop is $70.50 at it's highest, so there's plenty of risk there too.

When I buy calls, I don't assume premium juice between now and expiration. I pick a timeframe I feel confident the majority of the move will happen in. Upside is the target price ($85 in this case) minus the strike. Premiums could definitely juice providing opportunity to take profits early like OA does. But I don't bet on that.
oldarmy1
AG
NFLX magic catalyst. SNOW calls up over 1000%. Advised shorting $213.80 against our $200 weekly calls. NTES jumped $4 to over $102.

Cash crazy bank day!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
What is the board's thoughts on $GD or General Dynamics?

I say this as I just saw where Ukraine and Israel need ~200,000 shells in the 155MM caliber per month and the US can/is producing 30,000 shells per month.

The cost has jumped from $2100 per shell to $8400-ish per shell. $GD makes them in the states and is publicly traded.

They are about $10 off their 52-week high, but only up 5.9% over the last 12 months from a 52-week low of $206/share.

Obviously, they make way more than just 155MM Howie's - so curious to see if there are any defense industry experts hanging around and can share some insight?
TheVarian
AG
I am long in several of these company's GD, RTX, and Lockheed.

It's sad but WAR is good money.
TheVarian
AG
Don't forget about drone companies…think we will see a lot more of these coming into the battle field thanks to the footage/R&D of Ukraine.
Heineken-Ashi
MARA traders - those of you trying to profit off short term moves with swings in and out. $17.90 - $18.50 range is likely going to have sellers step in and push this back down. To new lows? Don't know. But certainly back into the $15-$16 range.
Heineken-Ashi
FCX - If it stays under $43.50, it will be potentially setting up a trip down for a chance to complete a consolidation triangle in the $33's. Draw a trendline on the last two bottoms. That's the target, and maybe just short of it. It's certainly your stop just below it. If it can pull it off and hold it as support, target above is $50-$55 range minimum.
EngrAg14
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NFLX magic catalyst. SNOW calls up over 1000%. Advised shorting $213.80 against our $200 weekly calls. NTES jumped $4 to over $102.

Cash crazy bank day!

What do you think is keeping this market afloat outside of the fed? How has reality not caught up with the indicators.
Heineken-Ashi
If ASO reverse down we're going to be looking for mid to high $50's for entry for the 24 in 24 play.
EnronAg
AG
SPX 5,000 by end of week...this narrow market just continues to rip on the back of mega caps mostly...will the fall (at some point) for mega caps overshoot?!? I think not...buyers will come in for the AAPL, NVDA, MSFT of the world...until the wheels fall off this phony economy after the election, there is just no way you do anything but stay long this market...
bigtoneag
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

FCX - If it stays under $43.50, it will be potentially setting up a trip down for a chance to complete a consolidation triangle in the $33's. Draw a trendline on the last two bottoms. That's the target, and maybe just short of it. It's certainly your stop just below it. If it can pull it off and hold it as support, target above is $50-$55 range minimum.
Would be a steal at $33. Would need a pretty significant drop in copper for it to get there. Up 8 cents today on China news.
Heineken-Ashi
Had 10k shares of CORZQ.

Now have

1k CORZ (standard stock ticker 10:1 split)
2.532k CORZW (warrants)
2.110k CORZZ (warrants)

Not exercising them. A lot of note holders converting to equity. This needs some time to stabilize and get going.
Heineken-Ashi
Yes. Might not get there. Was an outline for a specific triangle completion play and outlining support using that. If it doesn't get there, it's doing something else.
El_duderino
TSLA consolidating for another breakout? Looks like a bull flag from mid 2023 until now on the weeklies if I'm not mistaken.
Brewmaster
AG
El_duderino said:

TSLA consolidating for another breakout? Looks like a bull flag from mid 2023 until now on the weeklies if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, I agree. Seems oversold, and markets will need it to rebound to push over 5k.
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

MARA traders - those of you trying to profit off short term moves with swings in and out. $17.90 - $18.50 range is likely going to have sellers step in and push this back down. To new lows? Don't know. But certainly back into the $15-$16 range.
looks like it's in a box now. I went with UNFI instead for now, but watching MARA closely.

Just saw a 28M (yes million) shares on MARA around 10 am central mark. dark pool buy I assume
EnronAg
AG
another dog bond auction...but how quick until market just shrugs yet another one off??? We're bouncing off SPX 4,890 back to 4,930 before close the way they have ignored them consistently...
Talon2DSO
AG
AMD is still tearing it up! Think it'll keep going till earnings next week?
trip98
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

If ASO reverse down we're going to be looking for mid to high $50's for entry for the 24 in 24 play.
really appreciate your posts and contributions to this thread......but don't put that bad juju on my precious ASO!!! Let that baby rip!! But hopefully only to $74 before Feb expiry
First Page Last Page
Page 6280 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.