Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,938,575 Views | 227804 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by I bleed maroon
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or more likely it'll drop down around $170 after earnings and closer to that $150 level Prog and Heineken mentioned previously.
Heineken-Ashi
Bought a single TSLA scalp right before the bell. Hoping for something ridiculous to the upside
El_duderino
Already down below $200 AH
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

Bought a single TSLA scalp right before the bell. Hoping for something ridiculous to the upside
Heineken-Ashi
Ok Prog, if you get your TSLA $175 you better roll your kid's account all in.
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Ok Prog, if you get your TSLA $175 you better roll your kid's account all in.
Duly noted mate.
Heineken-Ashi
Short interest on MARA up to 7.6% - 49.3M / 22% of float.

Keep that in mind unless you are accumulating a longer term hold.
gougler08
AG
So MLCO has shot up last two days, anything driving it or just finding a solid bottom?
Heineken-Ashi
gougler08 said:

So MLCO has shot up last two days, anything driving it or just finding a solid bottom?
I posted a couple days ago about not being sure if we saw a bottom or just a pivot for a quick bounce. The sell off got a little too deep for me to jump in and I'm waiting for bullish confirmation. Last two days have been great. I see resistance coming in the $9.00-$9.50 range. If it does, any pullback needs to hold $8 and preferably closer to $8.50. Technicals are turning up. I'm not going to chase it. I'm waiting for the optimal setup. Had the sell off held $8 and it were doing what its doing now, I'd be in already. Need more confirmation and need to see some volume.
ProgN
Put PLTR on your watchlist when it gets near the $14ish range. It's coiling and bollies are getting tight. It also has good support there. As it approaches that zone, I'll consider micro and macro factors. I will post if/when I go into it.
spud1910
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Had 10k shares of CORZQ.

Now have

1k CORZ (standard stock ticker 10:1 split)
2.532k CORZW (warrants)
2.110k CORZZ (warrants)

Not exercising them. A lot of note holders converting to equity. This needs some time to stabilize and get going.
Much smaller position for me, but please keep posting your thoughts.
oldarmy1
AG
Preached Put protections on any holding TSLA shares. Gave my strategy of a 3 levels down Put array. First puts are weekly. Use leasst expensive to protect against initial drops. Over buy them and once a major support level hits buy shares so they can't erode your short term puts with bounces. Two more Puts staggered 2 weeks and 6 weeks out. 6 weeks at low potential, which I see as $170.

ProgN

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I will say… TSLA is sub$200 and it's coinciding with Elon clamoring for 25% of control of the company.

Is it a by pure chance this is happening at the same time? Or is it orchestrated so that Elon gets his 25% while the stock is down "good n cheap" and then Telsa goes gang busters again after Project Redwood or whatever $25K car gets released and Telsa finds some better margins? So then Elon gets rewarded even more
ProgN
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

I will say… TSLA is sub$200 and it's coinciding with Elon clamoring for 25% of control of the company.

Is it a by pure chance this is happening at the same time? Or is it orchestrated so that Elon gets his 25% while the stock is down "good n cheap" and then Telsa goes gang busters again after Project Redwood or whatever $25K car gets released and Telsa finds some better margins? So then Elon gets rewarded even more

JMO, but I still think it prints $150-170 so I'd be patient and not try to guess the bottom. The consumer is has been living on credit cards for the most part. The excitement and early adopters of EVs has already happened. TSLA has been cutting prices, thus profit margins. You also face a significant rise in competitors in a market that is already showing declines of buyers of EVs. I just can't see a path that TSLA is a bargain at it's current price. I'm not committing that I'll buy in the range I posted, but I'll pay more attention and I will post if I do take a position. The market is priced for perfection right now and priced in 6-7 fed rate cuts this year and I think they might do 3-4. TSLA's forward PE is insane for a car company and any TSLA bulls don't waste your time trying to say that it's not. I know that, but I also know market sentiment and if you don't think it'll get crushed in a correction, well then do I have a deal for you on ocean front property in Amarillo.

No one knows the future, but this market is priced for perfection, 6+ rate cuts, no recession, no huge geopolitical wars we get pulled into, etc. This is why I prefer to exercise patience and sit on a yuge cash pile.

I'm not preaching but I'd like everyone to see the big picture and not be trapped because they FOMO'd.
sts7049
AG
on the other hand, people have been forecasting collapse for quite a while now and it still hasn't happened yet.
joekm3
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Had 10k shares of CORZQ.

Now have

2.532k CORZW (warrants)
2.110k CORZZ (warrants)

Not exercising them. A lot of note holders converting to equity. This needs some time to stabilize and get going.

I had 1000 shares so I ended up with 100/253/211. I've never dealt with warrants so I'll need to study up.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
What kind of prices you looking for on that beachfront property in Amarillo?
Heineken-Ashi
joekm3 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Had 10k shares of CORZQ.

Now have

2.532k CORZW (warrants)
2.110k CORZZ (warrants)

I had 1000 shares so I ended up with 100/253/211. I've never dealt with warrants so I'll need to study up.
FINAL CORZ Emergence Update Slides 012024 1600 (q4cdn.com)
Core Scientific (CORZQ) CEO Interview with Larry Jones - YouTube
joekm3
AG
Thanks.
Spoony Love
AG
Haven't been on in awhile and really haven't had much to add to the convo.

I've been watching NOV for a while and I feel like it's trying to break a down trend this week.

From the high almost a year ago of 24.83, to a low of 14.05 in May '23, It's tested and retested the 50 split and now I think it's got some steam to move past the 52 week high. Now it may just be a run into earnings on 2/1 but I think it's worth watching. I have been watching for any entries below 20.50 lately to see about adding.

Would like to see what everyone else thinks.
AgPT06
AG
Well LUMN looking good today.
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken, what do you think of OXY?

I've looked at it and XOM, but OXY (if looking for an oil play), looks pretty good here. Looks like a big bull pennant going back to March 2022. also maybe forming a "W", has to hold 55.

Heineken-Ashi
Oil has stubbornly refused every downside setup presented over the last month. There's a coil up bull setup but it cant break through on that either. Usually when you get sideways consolidation, one of two things happens..

1. Resumes the trend before the consolidation - in this case, crude go down.
2. Breaks against the previous trend but then fails and resumes previous trend - in this case, crude up but not over $80 and then drop to new lows.

OXY is good to jump into with stop at recent bottom. But if it breaks under that, would need to see a new bottom and a reversal before buying again.

This might be one where we just keep trying until we finally get it. I sold my last position when it got into the low $60's for a quick and easy 10% gain as I didn't like how it was looking. Ended up being right. Been considering jumping back in. You just have to understand that if oil is at new lows sometime over the next weeks to months, stocks like this will finally break down and (we hope) resolve into a final bottom.
Ccutamu
ProgN said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

This is what I'm hearing:
POWL buy range 70
SMCI buy range 325
ZTS buy range 170

I'll collect my 5% until we see the markets take a breather.

Very good, add $U in $25 range.

They may or may not get there but I'd rather wait in cash than bag hold at their current prices.
Prog... you still seeing $25 on $U? There appears to be a distinct inverse H&S going back to August on the daily.
ProgN
I still believe it will get to my $25ish range
Ccutamu
Thanks.
ProgN
AgEng06
AG
I'm not sure what to think about this one, man. I know the original was a little hokey too, but this seems out there...

Edit: I'll still probably watch it.
Spoony Love
AG
I was bearish AMZN, then McGregor showed up, now I'm bullish AMZN
ProgN
I'll watch it because I'm old and remember the original, plus it's being released on Prime so I already pay for that anyway.
WestTexAg12
AG
PYPL was a sell the news.

I, of course, had calls.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
ProgN said:

I'll watch it because I'm old and remember the original, plus it's being released on Prime so I already pay for that anyway.
Exact same. Will watch it on a Friday night after the wife and kids are asleep and it's just me and some Basil Hayden.
ProgN
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

PYPL was a sell the news.

I, of course, had calls.
You and me both brother.

Edit: my calls are leaps though at $65 strikes - so I am going to stay in them for the time being and hope we get a model T back to $63ish on the short term after this new is digested.

Idk - between this and TSLA - should have just DCA'd into some VTI and called it a day.
First Page Last Page
Page 6281 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.