Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,954,972 Views | 227828 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
XLE holding yesterday's low in 79 range could provide another $10 swing up. Breaking below could drop it to $mid $70s'. Great R/R here using yesterday's low as stop region.

With all of these posts, make sure you are looking at hourly and daily candles and noting the levels I point out.
trip98
AG
Old board fav DNN flirting with $2 at opex week. Waiting to see if my meager holdings get called out. Net cost is only $40 so $200 would be solid return.
I think it was Farmer who would buy whenever it hit $1.20 and sell some at $1.50 to keep some net free
If not called out today I'll go ahead and sell another CC for March or April at $2.5 to further lower cost or called out for solid return
techno-ag
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Buying LUMN right here. Stop $1.10. Minimum target $1.50. Expected target $2, Balls to the wall target $2.50.
One of my favorite swing trades.
ProgN
I'm trying a Friday Lotto 0DTE 1/19 SPY $484c at $.13
AgPT06
AG
Why now? Went through 1.40 support. Looks like can keep going to 1.23 or lower. Just curious if I am missing something not trying to be a jerk.
Heineken-Ashi
AgPT06 said:

Why now? Went through 1.40 support. Looks like can keep going to 1.23 or lower. Just curious if I am missing something not trying to be a jerk.
In the middle of a massive demand zone and RSI hourly is through the floor while we're -4 to -5 ATR hourly. ALL EMA's are crossed to the downside. Could very well continue lower and I have $1.20 as a pivot zone. But I like R/R here. Also already have 500 shares with no risk. So my basis is below the previous low.
AgPT06
AG
Great. Thanks for the response.
ravingfans
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Buying LUMN right here. Stop $1.10. Minimum target $1.50. Expected target $2, Balls to the wall target $2.50.

I'm in at $1.345

First time doing a stop order, does this look correct?

Chef Elko
AG
trip98 said:

Old board fav DNN flirting with $2 at opex week. Waiting to see if my meager holdings get called out. Net cost is only $40 so $200 would be solid return.
I think it was Farmer who would buy whenever it hit $1.20 and sell some at $1.50 to keep some net free
If not called out today I'll go ahead and sell another CC for March or April at $2.5 to further lower cost or called out for solid return

Grrr, I couldn't get my covered calls to fill this week on Mondays run. Patiently waiting for another opportunity
Heineken-Ashi
ravingfans said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

I'm in at $1.345

First time doing a stop order, does this look correct?

Looks like a stop at $1.1 limited down to $1.05. I'd say yes.
Heineken-Ashi
And everybody, a round of applause for Prog. He was right on SMCI many months ago. My advice was to be careful with the giant $175 gap below and price chopping around. Wasn't the clearest bull flag to me. But he was right.
ravingfans
AG
Thanks!
Chef Elko
AG
Folks here holding onto SMCI? I have a handful of shares left in my Roth at a stupid low cost basis after riding this thing for years.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Anyone else going to roll their hedges/puts up to a higher strike with this ATH movement?

ravingfans
AG
What is the consensus of the board on Stops--is it better to stop with a limit or better to do a stop at market price?

Can control price or execution, but not both...
ProgN
Chef Elko said:

Folks here holding onto SMCI? I have a handful of shares left in my Roth at a stupid low cost basis after riding this thing for years.
I expect it to retrace a lot of this move because shorts were squeezed today so if you sell and I'm right, then you can rebuy even more shares when it pullback. You don't pay taxes in your Roth so that's a bonus.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ProgN said:

I'm trying a Friday Lotto 0DTE 1/19 SPY $484c at $.13

How often do we get a prog lotto!? Lfg!
Heineken-Ashi
ravingfans said:

What is the consensus of the board on Stops--is it better to stop with a limit or better to do a stop at market price?

Can control price or execution, but not both...
I'd day it depends on liquidity. If its something regularly traded with lots of volume and plenty of open interest, you're fine with a market stop. If it's something with wide bid/ask spreads and low volume/interest, go with the limit. Neither are perfect. so it also depends on your plan. Mine is that stop=hard stop, dont want to be in anymore, so I almost always go market.
ProgN
And that's why I never post them, I lost, but it was very small.

Thought SPY would run into the close but it flatlined for the last 1.5 hours.
bmoochie
AG
does this mean we get to now throw rocks at you?
bmoochie
AG
FJ43 said:

Solid brother. Beyond solid.

Also can't let it go unnoticed that we had an FJ sighting

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I've spent more on powerball tickets. I thought it would smoke the close too
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Stopped out of SAVE with a nice little profit. Looking to re-enter at $6 and $5.

Both of these are WAG's, since there's literally no support to really speak of.
Chef Elko
AG
ProgN said:

Chef Elko said:

I expect it to retrace a lot of this move because shorts were squeezed today so if you sell and I'm right, then you can rebuy even more shares when it pullback. You don't pay taxes in your Roth so that's a bonus.

Aye aye, Captain! Sold off a third of my remaining shares and feel dumb selling half at $50 or so but I had so many others my dumbass rode up to the top and all the way to the bottom after covid. NIO, BLNK, MARA, ALPP, RUBI/MGNI, SNDL etc. I'm proud of buying this one after Supermicro shares tanked when Chinese bugs were found on their servers. Absolutely insane to see a public company run up this fast that's not a meme stock or cryptocurrency scam. I'm excited to share this with anonymous Ags online lol

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Enter...puts? I thought this week taught us that spirit is a bad debt laden negative cash flowing hot dumpster fire? Does wsb like flying the worst airline, along with their penchants for video games and going to the movies?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wouldn't touch SAVE puts with a 10 foot pole after the week it's had.
Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

does this mean we get to now throw rocks at you?
No, rocks are for Prog. Throw your old Heineken bottles you left out on the porch this summer at me.
Heineken-Ashi
Bought first new tranche of MARA at $14.86 today. If it dips lower between $12 and $14 I will buy next. $10 will be final buy unless it somehow dips below $8.
Enzomatic
Heineken-Ashi said:

Bought first new tranche of MARA at $14.86 today. If it dips lower between $12 and $14 I will buy next. $10 will be final buy unless it somehow dips below $8.

What're your thoughts on expectations for MARA? Return to the 30s likely? I have a good position sub 10 even after selling off a chunk last week, but want to reload a little if the swing is likely to reverse back upwards.
ProgN
Chef Elko said:

ProgN said:

Chef Elko said:

Aye aye, Captain! Sold off a third of my remaining shares and feel dumb selling half at $50 or so but I had so many others my dumbass rode up to the top and all the way to the bottom after covid. NIO, BLNK, MARA, ALPP, RUBI/MGNI, SNDL etc. I'm proud of buying this one after Supermicro shares tanked when Chinese bugs were found on their servers. Absolutely insane to see a public company run up this fast that's not a meme stock or cryptocurrency scam. I'm excited to share this with anonymous Ags online lol

Good job and SMCI prints money but it's volatile and it will come back down. It likes to come to between it's 50 & 100 DMAs. That would bring it down in the $325ish range if you project it out. Then you can buy more shares for the same money you booked today and ride the wave again.
El_duderino
Had the AMD 16 FEB 24 170 call. Didn't fully accept losing 100% of the premium, took a very small loss instead of letting it ride and it turned into a 2.7x. Live and learn.
Heineken-Ashi
Enzomatic said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

What're your thoughts on expectations for MARA? Return to the 30s likely? I have a good position sub 10 even after selling off a chunk last week, but want to reload a little if the swing is likely to reverse back upwards.
Here's the HODL chart from Jan 12.

HODL is the amount of coins each miner mines that they plan to keep. The rest they sell to finance their cost of business and other things. Nobody is really even competing with MARA, and MARA just got approval to mark their HOLD to market.

Just like any other time - BTC up = MARA up by a larger % gain. Same with down. $100k BTC, like most BTC people are expecting, apparently = $80-$100 MARA.

RIOT is falling stagnant. MARA is buying companies and expanding mining capability and hash rate. Relatively newcomer IREN is looking impressive. I bought in the $4's this week. CORZQ was killing it, but leadership was awful and they were having to sell everything they mined to tackle their debt situation. Finally went bankrupt and got approved to come out of it this week. Should be a period of stabilization and then they can start to HODL again.
Chef Elko
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Enzomatic said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Here's the HODL chart from Jan 12.

HODL is the amount of coins each miner mines that they plan to keep. The rest they sell to finance their cost of business and other things. Nobody is really even competing with MARA, and MARA just got approval to mark their HOLD to market.

Just like any other time - BTC up = MARA up by a larger % gain. Same with down. $100k BTC, like most BTC people are expecting, apparently = $80-$100 MARA.

RIOT is falling stagnant. MARA is buying companies and expanding mining capability and hash rate. Relatively newcomer IREN is looking impressive. I bought in the $4's this week. CORZQ was killing it, but leadership was awful and they were having to sell everything they mined to tackle their debt situation. Finally went bankrupt and got approved to come out of it this week. Should be a period of stabilization and then they can start to HODL again.
BTBT worth a bid? I like having a bunch of shares in multiples of 100s to manage with options
El_duderino
Does AMD make a push to $180-$185 next week before a pullback? RSI is approaching 80 on the weekly where it reached that level prior in 12/21 and 6/23 with significant pullback following. MACD also reaching those same levels just before moving down.
oldarmy1
AG
SAag1113 said:

I said trading options btw

You are trading stocks and leveraging options to protect your investment. That is a good return, but simply investing in S&P over that same time ~2664 -> 4783 would have had a better return .
These are only option trading in in my service. You'll have some losses because you follow disciplines. But we smoke the markets ROI month after month. Before one of our members volunteered to put these trackers in place we were in a very tough correction. I told everyone to steer clear of longing stocks and smaller traders to sit on their hands. We had 2 bottoms called on the exact lows and went shares and options. You wouldn't believe the ROI's if we posted them, so here is the results since Scott began tracking.

Todays aren't included. I signaled an entry in FDX Jan 26 $245 calls at $1. They moved into $3 and I signaled a take profit. We took SNOW in the early afternoon, and it moved up to close out at 132%. We took a $300 MCD lotto (means it's high risk/reward, so we look for low-cost opportunities) for $0.11. They topped out in the afternoon for $1.

It's called trading and, with all due respect, there is no way in this world a buy and hold strategy can touch the ROI's by a professional trader.

First Page Last Page
Page 6276 of 6510

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.