Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,171,967 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I took my FOM call profit and bought more $1 Jan2024 and Feb2024 WWR calls today than was reasonable. It felt so right to do something so wrong.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Estimated Pre-tax NPV of $229 Million and Pre-tax IRR of 26.7%

Coosa is the Largest, Most Advanced Graphite Deposit in the Contiguous U.S.

CENTENNIAL, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Wes****er Resources, Inc. ("Wes****er" or the "Company") (NYSE American: WWR), an energy technology and battery-grade natural graphite development company, today announced the availability of an Initial Assessment, with an economic analysis ("IA"), for the Company's Coosa Graphite Deposit located in Coosa County, Alabama (the "Coosa Deposit").

Frank Bakker, President and Chief Executive Officer of Wes****er, stated "The Coosa Deposit is an important asset, not only to Wes****er, but we believe a critical asset to the future domestic graphite supply chain. We believe that our Coosa Deposit is the largest and most advanced natural graphite deposit in the lower 48 states. With estimated pre-tax NPV of $229 million, estimated pre-tax internal rate of return of 26.7%, and estimated free cash flow of $714 million, the Coosa Deposit continues to be an attractive asset for Wes****er and its stockholders."

"The IA was based on drilling results from less than 10% of the Coosa Deposit acreage and did not consider any potential benefit from vanadium previously discovered, resulting in an estimated pre-tax NPV that is 6x greater than the market cap of Wes****er as of December 12, 2023," concluded Mr. Bakker. "We believe there is the potential for additional value creation at the Coosa Deposit through expansion to supply Wes****er's graphite concentrate needs for many years as well as the broader North American graphite industry that is under development. Wes****er has begun a process to seek strategic investments to explore, develop, and unlock the potential additional value at the Coosa Deposit," stated Mr. Bakker.

The IA was completed as a Technical Report Summary ("TRS"), disclosing Mineral Resources, including an economic analysis, for the Coosa Deposit, in accordance with SK-1300. The TRS was completed on behalf of Wes****er by SLR International Corporation ("SLR") with an effective date of December 11, 2023, and filed by Wes****er on Form 8-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") on December 13, 2023. SLR qualifies as a Qualified Person as defined under Item 1302 of Regulation S-K.
reineraggie09
AG
Excuse me for my ignorance, but I am here to learn.

How can the project have a NPV of 229M and FCF of 700+m? Is the FCF figure just an addition of all CF amounts without any discounting? I am just trying to understand.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
reineraggie09 said:

Excuse me for my ignorance, but I am here to learn.

How can the project have a NPV of 229M and FCF of 700+m? Is the FCF figure just an addition of all CF amounts without any discounting? I am just trying to understand.
Yes, the FCF is likely a compounded collection of the cashflow.

If I take the $229M and put it over 11 years in a DCF calculation, you'd assume 10.30% rate of return to get to the $700M FCF.

So if I adjust my calc to 15 years and the discount rate at 8% you can get there, which seems alot more likely.

But it is also a heavy chance of inflated value to have these figures, but maybe we are missing some unknown (which is extremely likely)

Edit: Did not see the 26.7% IRR, which takes my above calculation to 5 years.....

reineraggie09
AG
Thanks Red Pear. I always learn from your posts!
lobwedgephil
Charismatic Megafauna said:

But also

Could it be the jpm collar?
No, JPM collar will roll last trading day of December, and is much larger.
Talon2DSO
AG
So....is that good??
Heineken-Ashi
Wall Street has discovered what's really driving U.S. stocks higher in 2023. - MarketWatch

Quote:

That while the Fed has been paring back the size of its balance sheet, beneath the surface, central banks have boosted support for markets by allowing bank reserves to expand, increasing the amount of capital available to be deployed into markets and the economy.
Quote:

The fact that the Fed has reduced its bondholdings to $7.8 trillion, from $9 trillion at its peak last year, isn't what investors should be focusing on.

Instead of the Fed's shrinking balance sheet, what really matters is how reserves in the U.S. banking system have increased by $500 billion since January, according to King.

The Fed isn't alone in this. Instead of withdrawing $1 trillion in liquidity after declaring war on inflation in 2022, the world's biggest central banks instead injected roughly an equivalent amount, King's research shows.
Quote:

"The first 10 days of December continued the recent trends of expanding U.S. liquidity, driven by draws from the RRP facility and the Treasury General Account," said a team of cross-asset analysts at Goldman Sachs in a recent report obtained by MarketWatch.

"Together with the lagged-behind effects from the U.S. policy impulse easing in the aftermath of the regional-bank funding pressures earlier in the year, the high liquidity should support risk-asset performance and tight credit spreads into year-end," the Goldman team added.

By Goldman's count, banking reserves expanded by roughly $50 billion on net during the first week of December alone.
Quote:

"There is a reason why QE is so powerful," King said. "QE creates new money in the form of reserves, but not only that, it withdraws bonds and bills from the market, so the private sector then has more money, and fewer places to invest that money."

"When reserves change, that alters the balance between how much money private investors have got, and the amount of securities available to invest in," he said.

"When you give investors less money, and more securities to invest in, then we see prices go down. Reserves were coming down in 2022 when everything was selling off. But this year, that has stopped."
Funny how this didn't get mentioned at FOMC. This is a ticking timebomb. The entire rally from March until present is 100% QE driven. It's just not the QE on the surface. It's the ticking timebomb under the hood.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Wall Street has discovered what's really driving U.S. stocks higher in 2023. - MarketWatch

Quote:

That while the Fed has been paring back the size of its balance sheet, beneath the surface, central banks have boosted support for markets by allowing bank reserves to expand, increasing the amount of capital available to be deployed into markets and the economy.
Quote:

The fact that the Fed has reduced its bondholdings to $7.8 trillion, from $9 trillion at its peak last year, isn't what investors should be focusing on.

Instead of the Fed's shrinking balance sheet, what really matters is how reserves in the U.S. banking system have increased by $500 billion since January, according to King.

The Fed isn't alone in this. Instead of withdrawing $1 trillion in liquidity after declaring war on inflation in 2022, the world's biggest central banks instead injected roughly an equivalent amount, King's research shows.
Quote:

"The first 10 days of December continued the recent trends of expanding U.S. liquidity, driven by draws from the RRP facility and the Treasury General Account," said a team of cross-asset analysts at Goldman Sachs in a recent report obtained by MarketWatch.

"Together with the lagged-behind effects from the U.S. policy impulse easing in the aftermath of the regional-bank funding pressures earlier in the year, the high liquidity should support risk-asset performance and tight credit spreads into year-end," the Goldman team added.

By Goldman's count, banking reserves expanded by roughly $50 billion on net during the first week of December alone.
Quote:

"There is a reason why QE is so powerful," King said. "QE creates new money in the form of reserves, but not only that, it withdraws bonds and bills from the market, so the private sector then has more money, and fewer places to invest that money."

"When reserves change, that alters the balance between how much money private investors have got, and the amount of securities available to invest in," he said.

"When you give investors less money, and more securities to invest in, then we see prices go down. Reserves were coming down in 2022 when everything was selling off. But this year, that has stopped."
Funny how this didn't get mentioned at FOMC. This is a ticking timebomb. The entire rally from March until present is 100% QE driven. It's just not the QE on the surface. It's the ticking timebomb under the hood.

This makes me wonder if it's related to the feds rate cut forecast? Do they know this as well and are prepared to add more QE to the system to try and shore up the gaps and limp this thing along until after the election?

sts7049
AG
will VIX ever get over 20 again?
EnronAg
AG
VIX 30+ on or near 11/5/24

where is txaggieacct85 to tell us to unload?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The sad part is everyone that was paying attention knew this is what was happening. And why wouldn't they, when it is politically beneficial to show a strong economy just before an election, rather than the pile of dog excrement that it is?

So we get a pile of dog excrement covered in a thin layer of frosting. But it's that good buttery frosting that everyone loves so the media can focus on the wonderful frosting we all get to eat and feed to the next generations.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Also I'm hoping the WWR conference call gives us more than just the reported agreement. That's good and all, but my $1 calls demand more. They deserve more too!
Heineken-Ashi
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This makes me wonder if it's related to the feds rate cut forecast? Do they know this as well and are prepared to add more QE to the system to try and shore up the gaps and limp this thing along until after the election?

It was purely reacting to the banking scare. Remember, no matter what they say, the FED's one true mandate is to enrich the banking sector and protect them from reaping the mistakes they sow. When a banking crisis shows signs of happening, it will do anything in its power to provide liquidty to support it. In this case, it couldn't provide direct liquidity through QE. So it provided it in an indirect manner. ELI5 terms - The FED put a bandaid on a deep, wide gash.
FTAG 2000
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

But also

Could it be the jpm collar?
the JPM collar is the last day of the quarter, and is in the billions.
Rydyn
AG
WWR

Presentation for the call today is already posted. Looks like it's all about the mineral report (which was good but doesn't help the fact they may not be around the year after next...)

wes****erresources.net/investors/presentations-events/

(Yeah...TexAgs filter on the link. You know what to do. Edited to make it plain text and easier to copy.)
Talon2DSO
AG
May not be around? Can you elaborate or is that in the presentation?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Speaking of bull**** small cap stocks, is SAVA going to have a data release in Dec/Jan like I'd hoped?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
cryption said:

I just bought a starter position in $DNA. The just announced a partnership with PFE focused on the discovery of RNA based drug candidates. The 10/20 2c is getting some action - my plan is sell at 2.30 and a stop at 1.57. I'm playing shares.

She's running! I'm still red but by less now!
gougler08
AG
EnronAg said:

VIX 30+ on or near 11/5/24

where is txaggieacct85 to tell us to unload?
While I'm not txaggieacct85 to tell you to unload, I am definitely trimming some things back (covered calls that I'm not going to roll).

I'm getting up to a more sizeable cash position now and waiting for the rug to pull at some point to hop back in. Trying to exercise patience (4.9% on the fidelity cash account helps at least!)
bigtoneag
AG
They have had a going concern disclosure in their financials the last few quarters.

If there is a Q&A session the call might be worth listening to because I'm sure they'll be asked about funding.
bmoochie
AG
I believe BA is ripe to short when they music stops. It's on an absolute tear since late October. It's pushing up against resistance now, one more level to $259 and change. If we get in the mid $250s I am looking 2-3 months out at $210 puts.
HoustonAg_2009
Look at WAL and TFC keep running with rates…. Where's Prog at??
FTAG 2000
AG
Bob Knights Paper Hands said:

Speaking of bull**** small cap stocks, is SAVA going to have a data release in Dec/Jan like I'd hoped?

I assume they have some good news coming, or they wouldn't have had those three folks join the board last week. You know those folks have seen the data before signing on.

Not sure on timeline but I'm ready for it. We need another rocket.
aggiebrad94
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

aggiebrad94 said:

EngrAg14 said:

Market should be expecting the 1/4 rate increase that should be announced tomorrow correct?
Haven't seen rumblings of a 1/2 %, and if they hold again then the market booms.
Markets are predicting no more hikes at a 98% probability.
Markets react to what's behind them. They do not predict anything. Markets have been predicting no more rate increases for a year now. Markets predicted rates going down starting end of this year. Markets predicted 2023 at new lows, not almost back to ATH. Though markets might try to forecast future growth, they will pivot on a dime, sometimes on no news and at unpredictable times.

You are not correct.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonmoore/2023/12/05/markets-see-spring-2024-interest-rate-cuts-but-the-fed-isnt-there-yet/?sh=370b21cc20fc
Heineken-Ashi
aggiebrad94 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

aggiebrad94 said:

EngrAg14 said:

Market should be expecting the 1/4 rate increase that should be announced tomorrow correct?
Haven't seen rumblings of a 1/2 %, and if they hold again then the market booms.
Markets are predicting no more hikes at a 98% probability.
Markets react to what's behind them. They do not predict anything. Markets have been predicting no more rate increases for a year now. Markets predicted rates going down starting end of this year. Markets predicted 2023 at new lows, not almost back to ATH. Though markets might try to forecast future growth, they will pivot on a dime, sometimes on no news and at unpredictable times.

You are not correct.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonmoore/2023/12/05/markets-see-spring-2024-interest-rate-cuts-but-the-fed-isnt-there-yet/?sh=370b21cc20fc

If the market was predictive rates would have dropped in 2023. Right one time and wrong a bunch others is nothing more than blind squirrel material. Markets are not omniscient.

And if the market was so predictive, why did equities wait until yesterday's Fed announcement to shoot up even higher? Seems awfully reactive to not have priced in the move.

What we have is a FED liquidity fueled bond market driving rates down, not genies.

On the flip side, the bond market does lead the FED. Not because it's predictive, but because the FED lets the bond market tell it what to do. J Powell admitted as such yesterday when he stated that the bond market might be doing their work for them. And remember "transitory"? Only until the FED fell so far behind that they had no choice but to start raising. But does it lead because they KNOW what the FED will do? No. The market is operating in real time. The FED follows.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Doesn't look like it so far
Quacked
TGT weeklies printed off an old OA1 alert 136.51 from months ago. Wish I had bought more than 5! Hopefully I'll have enough time during the market hours to rejoin next month.
ravingfans
AG

The sad part is everyone that was paying attention knew this is what was happening. And why wouldn't they, when it is politically beneficial to show a strong economy just before an election, rather than the pile of dog excrement that it is?

So we get a pile of dog excrement covered in a thin layer of frosting. But it's that good buttery frosting that everyone loves so the media can focus on the wonderful frosting we all get to eat and feed to the next generations.

So can we confidently make money on the frosting up until day before the election with this knowledge/belief?
gougler08
AG
In sharing the losses with the wins, I got stopped out of PLD at 97.50 because I was worried it broke major support from over a year ago and have been trying to cut losses quickly. It's now 136+
Heineken-Ashi
ravingfans said:

So can we confidently make money on the frosting up until day before the election with this knowledge/belief?
Trade what's in front of you. Move stops up to support levels. This way, you aren't trying to time a top. You might not sell at tops. But you won't get caught with pants down. And if this keeps going, you keep going with it while knowing you have risk management in place.

Buy new at support levels and place stops below for low risk high reward.
bmoochie
AG
I am not in his service anymore after the trial period. Love his knowledge and his teachings but service mainly caters to those that can listen in all day and day trade. I don't have that kind of time so I will stick to shares and occasional swing plays I can give months to develop.
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Look at WAL and TFC keep running with rates…. Where's Prog at??

Merry Christmas my friend!

FTR: I've started lightening up in my mother's Roth, my son's custodial account and my IRA. I'm hoping the market maintains until Jan 2 because I do plan to book a lot of profit in the taxable accounts and push taxes off until '25. I don't want to wait but I don't want to make the tax burden heavier with only 3 weeks left in the year.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
What a shake!
CheladaAg
AG
So where to we go from here? Call it Dec will sit in a good spot. Do we see the market tank come the New Year?

I believe some respected posters on here that are/were permabears lately. I asked in early last month if we were about to see a start of a bull macrotrend bounce and got denounced with "gaps left unfilled".

So, are we still thinking we head back down to fill these gaps before going higher? I've held out a big chunk of cash to wait out the period of interest rate increases and would like to catch a market uptick in the interim before any noise of upcoming bad market news i.e. possible recession.
First Page Last Page
Page 6256 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.