Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,169,220 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Danwell Home said:

Themes I'm looking at that could facilitate some discussions.

-Oil and gas E&Ps. I'm bullish oil over the next decade, fairly bearish on gas short term until LNG buildout online tail end 2024 into 2025.
-$GTLS. They have taken a hit the past month, I like their prospects as they help build LNG infrastructure in Europe. I will add to my position around $100
-Large caps had such a huge run, small caps closed the gap slightly but now back lower. Increasing allocation to small caps in retirement accounts.
-Overweight value for a while now
-Maybe 20% of investable assets allocated to SGOV or comparable short term t bill fund
-Waiting for PLTR to hit $20 so I can exit lol
-Interested in TLT and longer dated treasuries
-Interested in Apple tomorrow, felt like today doesn't matter and its all about what Apple says tomorrow so I bought protective $165P out to next week

I like PLTR and FSLY too. I'll look closer at the others later.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Danwell Home said:

Gotta pay the $100/month

Sorry, I'm not paying anyone on TA $100/month for anything.
techno-ag
AG
ghostofbucky said:

Ok. Been lurking for a while. Just started playing around with stocks after maxing everything else out. It's fun. So to bring a stock back to the board…

What about OMAB?
It's furrin.

/JK
spud1910
AG
Here is one for you smart people to look at. ACAD I don't know much about them, but they are apparently looking to hire a lot of people before the end of the year. Way up in July and falling since.
HoustonAg_2009
I have a question around HES and PXD. Both stocks have fallen relatively significantly since their announcements and well below the announcement per share price. I assume it's simply due to the fact that CVX and XOM have fallen? Is there upside potential of purchasing now, holding for div, and getting a "bump" once the acquisitions are completed in 2024? TIA

Tibbers
GVSI looking for a ticker change. Just got word from FINRA that it should be soon. Could be an exciting month for GVSI depending on the reverse merger.
bmoochie
AG
Don't tempt me with a good time
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Danwell Home said:

Gotta pay the $100/month

This is a breakthrough for us because we are in agreement. We initially didn't like one another in the least because of F16, yet here we are. I've said our clubhouse is a special place.
irish pete ag06
AG
ProgN said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Danwell Home said:

Gotta pay the $100/month

This is a breakthrough for us because we are in agreement. We initially didn't like one another in the least because of F16, yet here we are. I've said our clubhouse is a special place.

The locker room where a common mission is will melt away many difference. It's a beautiful thing
bmoochie
AG
ProgN said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Danwell Home said:

Gotta pay the $100/month

Another successful TexAgs hookup
Heineken-Ashi
spud1910 said:

Here is one for you smart people to look at. ACAD I don't know much about them, but they are apparently looking to hire a lot of people before the end of the year. Way up in July and falling since.
As long as it holds support in the high $18's, I'm seeing $44 gap fill on the table next year. Signs of a solid uptrend starting off a nice looking V bottom. Earnings tomorrow. If it comes with 7M volume or more it could be off.

Nice find. Usually hate pharmas in markets like this. Might be worth a small position with a stop at the recent low.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
ProgN
Smartass, but I respect that.
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

I have a question around HES and PXD. Both stocks have fallen relatively significantly since their announcements and well below the announcement per share price. I assume it's simply due to the fact that CVX and XOM have fallen? Is there upside potential of purchasing now, holding for div, and getting a "bump" once the acquisitions are completed in 2024? TIA

Personally I don't see much risk. Imo, they've dropped with the price of oil and the lady in the administration that hates mega mergers.
Tibbers
CincySwimmer
I'm in this one with some net free shares from back in 2021. Waiting for $1 per share to cover my WWR and ELOX losses. C'mon Georgie!
spud1910
AG
CincySwimmer said:

I'm in this one with some net free shares from back in 2021. Waiting for $1 per share to cover my WWR and ELOX losses. C'mon Georgie!
LOL! I have enough net free shares to pay for my WWR and ELOX losses too if it gets to $1 a share. And go out and get a steak to celebrate!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
CincySwimmer said:

Speaking of, what caused the rug pull on ELOX?
Ags2013
AG
PLTR looking good after the earnings beat
MAS444
AG
Damn - just looked at ROKU. What happened?
AgCPA95
AG
MAS444 said:

Damn - just looked at ROKU. What happened?

TLDR
- Revenue growth 18% YOY
- GP% up 3% YOY
- Look for positive 2024 EBITDA

Roku Inc (NASDAQ:ROKU) shares are trading higher Thursday after the company reported strong quarterly results. The stock is also seeing favorable analyst coverage following the print.

What Happened: Roku reported third-quarter revenue of $912.02 million, which was up 20% year-over-year and beat the consensus estimate of $855.16 million, according to Benzinga Pro. Platform revenue was up 18% year-over-year to $787 million.

The company reported a quarterly loss of $2.33 per share versus a loss of 88 cents in the prior year's quarter. Adjusted EBITDA came in at $43 million. Gross profit was up 3% year-over-year.
Roku said it had 75.8 million active accounts at the end of the quarter, up 2.3 million from the end of the second quarter. Streaming hours in the third quarter totaled 26.7 billion. Average revenue per user came in at $41.03, down 7% year-over-year.

"Strong top-line growth, in addition to cost reductions and measures we announced in September to further reduce our YoY OpEx growth rate, enabled us to deliver positive Adjusted EBITDA. We remain committed to achieving positive adjusted EBITDA for full year 2024 with continued improvements after that," the company said in a letter to shareholders.

Roku said it sees fourth-quarter net revenue of approximately $955 million. Total gross profit is expected to come in at $405 million and adjusted EBITDA is expected to total $10 million.
MAS444
AG
CWH also up bigly.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm buying cpe 38c this morning
gougler08
AG
ROKU with an earnings beat is really shocking
gougler08
AG
Fidelity down for anyone else?
planoaggie123
AG
I seem to be ok re: Fidelity....
HoustonAg_2009
We buying this SMCI drop post earnings?
ProgN
Yup
Tibbers
CincySwimmer said:

We are all in the same boat. Net free shares are so fun!
gougler08
AG
HoustonAg_2009 said:

We buying this SMCI drop post earnings?
You can sell the Nov 17 225 Put for $5 right now, ties up a lot of cash for 2 weeks of course but $500 if it bounces or an entry at $220
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
cryption said:

I just bought a starter position in $DNA. The just announced a partnership with PFE focused on the discovery of RNA based drug candidates. The 10/20 2c is getting some action - my plan is sell at 2.30 and a stop at 1.57. I'm playing shares.

Moving today
cryption
a close above 1.57 would make me feel pretty good about it, I decided instead of stopping there to layer in one more time and got my cost down to 1.42
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Did you cut all your shares when it bottomed last month?
cryption
I did not, made an executive decision to keep them for the time being - my position isn't very big and I felt like the thesis was still there I was just early. We'll see what happens
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I am following. Back in the green right now.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Man, NBR sure looks good at these prices. Not sure if I'm missing something on that but its had a very very predictable recent history of dropping to where it is now, then finding its way back up again.
First Page Last Page
Page 6241 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.