Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,982,527 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is XOM experiencing a 2 month consolidation?
TubTub
ESPN is done like MTV is done. Combine TWTR with FUBO and PENN/ DKNG, make it the superapp that Musk always talk about, I will pay $50/mo for that.
techno-ag
AG
Ranger222 said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

Saltyag15 said:

Danwell Home said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

30K - what's your interpretation of Bob Iger saying "open to finding new strategic partner for ESPN"?

Would the Mouse be putting ESPN on the open market to sell to an Amazon or Apple? Fire a ton of people like they have been to trim down and sell it…
Amazing how far ESPN has slid over the past decade or so. It used to be fun watching SportsCenter at night, top 10 plays, web gems, etc. Now it's just diluted trash with a bunch of random overly enthusiastic hosts or DEI candidates trying to push crappy stories. Maybe I'm just getting older, but I never even tune into ESPN unless it's for a little bit of college gameday and CFB games. About to just cancel cable and deal with crappy bootleg sports streams for Astros and Aggies that freeze every 15 mins.

Stock market related because live sports is one of the actual real things in this world that people enjoy watching. ESPN was THE sports network and leagues/teams are only becoming more and more valuable.

What should be a huge part and focus of Disney is now a pile of dog **** with a cat piss glaze.
Great post, and so true. I hope they do sell it and someone picks it up that wants to try and bring it back to what it once was. They've done nothing but fire all of their best people and fill it with arguing morons. People will happily tune in to ESPN for sports news and status rather than a few knuckleheads hollering at each other about whether or not someone should be offended by something.
I think they could have like 10 personalities and do sports news with a mix of sports betting odds talk and people would be all over it. Different games each day and sports betting is a growing market. They could fill half the day with talking about betting odds for the day and matchups and players who are out that will move the line ect. Seems like a no brainer and would cost a LOT less than what they currently do up until gametime.

I don't think the fall of ESPN has anything to do with DEI candidates or knuckleheads hollering at each other. Instead the way we consume sports and sports highlights have changed. 20 years ago, I tuned into Sportscenter to actually see the highlights and would make sure I caught that day's Top 10 plays. Now, I see the same on Instagram or Twitter before even turning on the TV. Thus, their is no longer need for a highlight show that runs 8 hours of the day, and if I want to read/hear people argue about sports, I have social media for that (same thing goes for sports radio btw).

I agree the path forward is sports betting. Give me a show that runs for three hours from 4 pm ET - 7 pm ET and make it just sports insiders (Scheftler, Woj, etc) and sports betting experts to break down lines and potentially matchups. That's all I need. All other programing needs to be live sports. Maybe you mix in one hour shows every once in a while about fantasy sports or previewing upcoming seasons (why isn't there programing right now talking about college football season previews and win totals, etc), but that should be the model. Greatly reduce on-air personalities (you really only need ~10) as stated, and then all other costs need to go to fees for the rights to air the individual sports. That's how you make it profitable or bring it back. It will never be the same, but the times have changed.
Nobody likes politics crammed down their throats while watching sports. That's where ESPN messed up.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
South Platte said:

Yes. Be patient.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Ragoo
AG
techno-ag said:

Ranger222 said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

Saltyag15 said:

Danwell Home said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

30K - what's your interpretation of Bob Iger saying "open to finding new strategic partner for ESPN"?

Would the Mouse be putting ESPN on the open market to sell to an Amazon or Apple? Fire a ton of people like they have been to trim down and sell it…
Amazing how far ESPN has slid over the past decade or so. It used to be fun watching SportsCenter at night, top 10 plays, web gems, etc. Now it's just diluted trash with a bunch of random overly enthusiastic hosts or DEI candidates trying to push crappy stories. Maybe I'm just getting older, but I never even tune into ESPN unless it's for a little bit of college gameday and CFB games. About to just cancel cable and deal with crappy bootleg sports streams for Astros and Aggies that freeze every 15 mins.

Stock market related because live sports is one of the actual real things in this world that people enjoy watching. ESPN was THE sports network and leagues/teams are only becoming more and more valuable.

What should be a huge part and focus of Disney is now a pile of dog **** with a cat piss glaze.
Great post, and so true. I hope they do sell it and someone picks it up that wants to try and bring it back to what it once was. They've done nothing but fire all of their best people and fill it with arguing morons. People will happily tune in to ESPN for sports news and status rather than a few knuckleheads hollering at each other about whether or not someone should be offended by something.
I think they could have like 10 personalities and do sports news with a mix of sports betting odds talk and people would be all over it. Different games each day and sports betting is a growing market. They could fill half the day with talking about betting odds for the day and matchups and players who are out that will move the line ect. Seems like a no brainer and would cost a LOT less than what they currently do up until gametime.

I don't think the fall of ESPN has anything to do with DEI candidates or knuckleheads hollering at each other. Instead the way we consume sports and sports highlights have changed. 20 years ago, I tuned into Sportscenter to actually see the highlights and would make sure I caught that day's Top 10 plays. Now, I see the same on Instagram or Twitter before even turning on the TV. Thus, their is no longer need for a highlight show that runs 8 hours of the day, and if I want to read/hear people argue about sports, I have social media for that (same thing goes for sports radio btw).

I agree the path forward is sports betting. Give me a show that runs for three hours from 4 pm ET - 7 pm ET and make it just sports insiders (Scheftler, Woj, etc) and sports betting experts to break down lines and potentially matchups. That's all I need. All other programing needs to be live sports. Maybe you mix in one hour shows every once in a while about fantasy sports or previewing upcoming seasons (why isn't there programing right now talking about college football season previews and win totals, etc), but that should be the model. Greatly reduce on-air personalities (you really only need ~10) as stated, and then all other costs need to go to fees for the rights to air the individual sports. That's how you make it profitable or bring it back. It will never be the same, but the times have changed.
Nobody likes politics crammed down their throats while watching sports. That's where ESPN messed up.
and doing exactly as suggested solves that issue as well.
Ag13
AG
It's an interesting idea for Twitter/Elon to be the buyers of ESPN. He is still the richest man in the world after all. There are not a lot of natural buyers for ESPN...but consider Twitter is the king of live reaction content and virtually nothing creates more live reaction content on a scheduled and consistent basis than sports. Lot of synergies from that perspective, but would certainly be going WAY outside the core business of Twitter.
PGAG
AG
Where do you see it going?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
PGAG said:

Where do you see it going?

Let's see what happens when energy breaks out. $110 is an easy target.
EnronAg
AG
and when do we roll these trash August puts?!?
G Money
AG
Cross Posting Here for all the "well connected" types on TexAgs:

$9M Privately Owned Company in BCS looking for a Controller/CFO

Looking to help an Aggie friend of mine locate someone to help him navigate his company from the accounting and finance side of the business.

Feel free to send resume to 4kennygibson@gmail.com to find out more.

Thanks and Gig Em!
jamey
AG
Does this make DIS a buy or a sell
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What does he want to pay?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
jamey said:

Disney investors always lose.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
He should consider fractional CFO
Ranger222
AG
jamey said:

If you hid the name and just showed me the chart....I'd be buying into this stock here for a move up and flip. I actually really like the chart
Chef Elko
AG
Coming off a triple bottom?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

jamey said:

I've never lost on DIS.
ProgN
SMCI is incredible, bet it magnets to $300 if banks crush tomorrow morning.
EnronAg
AG
what does it mean when the highly speculative ARKs, COINs, ROKUs of the world are just going stupid parabolic? are we looking at a blow off top and massive rug pull? or is there just no stopping this market until some negative catalyst occurs?
techno-ag
AG
NKLA up 53%. Wow.
Chef Elko
AG
Cant believe that scam company is still trading
LitreBoy
AG
techno-ag said:

NKLA up 53%. Wow.
Sold mine @ $1.35. Ugh!
Chef Elko
AG

jamey said:

Almost back to pandemic low haha. How can you lose that bad over 3 years and not be a pandemic darling like Zoom or a small/mid cap tech company.
Brewmaster
AG
techno-ag said:

Ranger222 said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

Saltyag15 said:

Danwell Home said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

Would the Mouse be putting ESPN on the open market to sell to an Amazon or Apple? Fire a ton of people like they have been to trim down and

110%. and this is a big reason why I have not paid for cable or anything associated with ESPN (DIS) in ages. We tried disney plus briefly until I figured out what they were pushing and doing. We ditched that garbage and never looked back. If more americans do the same, DIS will not make it (or will be forced to change).
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Hey ragoo you buying uppies or downies into the close?
EnronAg
AG
hope you chose uppies
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I was gonna ask if anyone else was watching this ****!?
Ragoo
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Hey ragoo you buying uppies or downies into the close?
bought the 4510p…. Didn't work to the extent I wanted.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
That 450 touch matches my upper resistance on the daily going back to december 1. So what happens next?
bmoochie
AG
South Platte said:

I have actually been able to make Decent money on this during as it's in a darvis box. 5 times since Mid May its hit around the low $102s with immediate support and big pop up for a few day run up. Trimmed on way up and sold any runners once it hits $107. Rinse and repeat until it changes.

I actually bought the $107 puts yesterday to play the other side for the first time and it worked out as well but only purchased 1 contract as I was not as confident. Been giving myself 2 weeks on these and buying $1 OTM contracts.

I am hoping for another red day tomorrow to load up again and this time I can work towards netfree holdings to play earnings on the 28th.
FTAG 2000
AG
EnronAg said:

what does it mean when the highly speculative ARKs, COINs, ROKUs of the world are just going stupid parabolic? are we looking at a blow off top and massive rug pull? or is there just no stopping this market until some negative catalyst occurs?
Blow off top and market distribution.

FTAG 2000
AG
Danwell Home said:

jamey said:

Almost back to pandemic low haha. How can you lose that bad over 3 years and not be a pandemic darling like Zoom or a small/mid cap tech company.

What did I see the other day?

They've lost a billion dollars on their last four big market movies.

Plus the news about the parks being relatively empty this summer.

They are hemorrhaging cash. Otherwise Iger wouldn't be talking about selling something like ESPN off.
DavysApprentice
AG
ProgN said:

SMCI is incredible, bet it magnets to $300 if banks crush tomorrow morning.

Shout out to you Prog on the TTD call that you made a while back. That has been a big winner since January.
DavysApprentice
AG
30k you still like OXY?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Quick scan over last few pages. You folks got XOM under control. Few bullet points for you.

- XOM bought DEN, announced this morn. $4.9 billion deal. That's 50% of XOM's FCF in one single quarter. This is not some big ticket item. Should contribute $300 million in first year. Carbon Capture gets ESG people excited. Pipelines are the better side of this deal. XOM lost $11 billion in market cap vs a $4.9 billion acquisition. XOM is oversold.

-XOM:PXD spread is like $110. Should be easily around $100. Means there is $10 on the table to pick up for XOM if spreads hold. Remember, when spread is $95 or less add PXD, when spread is $105 or more add XOM. taken candy from baby or one-handed bra move.

-EIA is at it again. Wednesday they reported a 5 million build. If you read the buried detail. The asterisk in the Supply notation was they added in 1.4mbpd of supply adjustment "they found". Well,...1.4mbpd X 7 day week = 9.8mb. (NOTE: the EIA notation was printed in "mbpd" not for the week that's why i typed out the math...ugh) You take away the alleged "found supply" 9.8m - 5.0m build = 4.8m DRAW. We had a draw that should have been reported... The numbers I'm sure will be corrected in the Monthly Report <- full of sarc. This is the first time in 2023 EIA pulled this stunt and they did it once last year.

-Oil - U.S. is going to supply short. I've been saying this for 9 months or more. The shenanigans from SPR and Joe are over. Finally. Saudi is cutting, Russia is likely having production problems without Western expertise and not "the cutting" being mentioned in the press. Articles here in the U.S. are cleverly written touting the U.S. is producing a record amount of oil in 2023. Problem is, the articles discuss data that goes through April 2023. The production declines are May forward. The articles are a myth. Anything to suppress energy prices. Just like suppressing demand data, China is in an increasing demand mode for energy.

-Obviously, I can't guarantee the following but here goes. Watching spread relationships over the past 6 months, "IF" spreads hold moving forward and XOM reacts as it has these past months in spread relationship volatility, $149 per share may be the high water mark in 2023. <fingers-crossed> Some analyst out there has a $145 target while the others are in the mid 120's range. I do think 3rd and/or 4th quarters will be in the running for Top 10 historical quarters if not all-time highs. Share adjustment volume over the last 45 trading days has been crazy and crazy to the high side. Since XOM bought DEN in an all stock deal, maybe it was XOM responsible for those adjustments.

-As most know, I'm not in the recession camp. Stagflation yeah, recession no. We'll challenge S&P 500 ATH's in 1st half 2024. Originally I posted 23H2, but adjusted to 24H2 and I'm sticking with it. Don't care if JP hikes one more time. If he goes 2 times he'll kill the U.S. economy. I don't see any more hikes coming, at all.

I hope this info helps in some way. Good luck to everyone. Hope y'all make a bunch of money.

First Page Last Page
Page 6177 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.