Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,983,268 Views | 231558 Replies | Last: 3 sec ago by ProgN
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

" F your 0 DTE calls"

- market makers
that is why I took SPX 4060p from 0.40 to 1.3 and 1.5 when the 8EMA crossed the 21EMA on the 5 minute chart around 2:15.
FTAG 2000
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

TheVarian said:

Hell, just let me break even
That is my break even hahah that's why i will be happy. 2 years of pain for no gain... My dumbass tried to make a trade with my money for my house and it dropped 80% in like the 2 months.

Very lucky my loving wife let me pay her back over a year. Learned a valuable lesson of not screwing around with money I will need in the next year...

She let you back in the house or are you still sleeping on the back porch?
Brewmaster
AG
Brewmaster said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Those MMs are slowly letting oil creep.
tell them to let NIO go, barcoding basically, like watching paint dry, lol.
thank you MM's, net free + profit, not holding a dayum thing overnight (that isn't net free).
BlueTaze
BlueTaze said:

CVNA looking good in the $6 range for a good bounce. Some technical support and a potential macro rebound near term. Going with $10 April calls.

Shoulda gone further out
HoustonAg2014
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

TheVarian said:

Hell, just let me break even
That is my break even hahah that's why i will be happy. 2 years of pain for no gain... My dumbass tried to make a trade with my money for my house and it dropped 80% in like the 2 months.

Very lucky my loving wife let me pay her back over a year. Learned a valuable lesson of not screwing around with money I will need in the next year...

She let you back in the house or are you still sleeping on the back porch?

I think she was astonished at how I could make a stupid decision like that with money needed to buy a house but also saw me go from down 50% to up 450% in a year on Roku so that bought me a little bit of good graces for this time around haha.

I did buy a very comfortable couch for our bedroom on the chance that I ever need it!
Quacked
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
30K - what's your interpretation of Bob Iger saying "open to finding new strategic partner for ESPN"?

HoustonAg2014
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

30K - what's your interpretation of Bob Iger saying "open to finding new strategic partner for ESPN"?

Would the Mouse be putting ESPN on the open market to sell to an Amazon or Apple? Fire a ton of people like they have been to trim down and sell it…
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but i may be going to sizzler...

Gonna take some profits at open, hopefully at least get net free. Could squeeze again. Gonna grab a couple ttd puts too
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

He will sell if someone pays enough.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Ccutamu
TTD Ripping

gougler08
AG
Ccutamu said:

TTD Ripping

Trimming both AMZN and TTD here
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
4500 on deck.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Wow spreads all out of whack, had one 1dte put that couldn't get filled for a double at open so after 5 minutes tried to just get my money back, got filled then immediately the next print was double/my previous order. Seems like shenanigans
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

He will sell if someone pays enough.
I am thinking that Disney as a whole is going to be a better value play for the acquisition that someone will buy.

Tough to figure out who besides Apple or Amazon. Truthfully - I lean more towards Amazon given their business model.

But I'd love to see it not be sold as my preferred option.
gougler08
AG
And trimming SHOP too, my alerts are going nuts this morning
Quacked
I rode CVNA 34$ put 7/21 from 1.50 to 2.25. See if I can buy back in later today or tomorrow.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Man, if DIS sold to Amazon, I'd be disappointed. I really dislike Amazon. Like really dislike.
Quacked
storey979 said:

I rode CVNA 34$ put 7/21 from 1.50 to 2.25. See if I can buy back in later today or tomorrow.
if my CRM calls from earliar are any indicator, this means they'll 200% in the next day.
FTAG 2000
AG
Maybe Elon will buy Disney and take out the trash there too.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
storey979 said:

Nice brother
FTAG 2000
AG
Someone explain how BUD is going up.
Buck Compton
AG

Man, if DIS sold to Amazon, I'd be disappointed. I really dislike Amazon. Like really dislike.
No way that doesn't get blocked by the FTC.

But I can definitely see Apple and Amazon getting in bidding war for ESPN.
Chef Elko
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

Would the Mouse be putting ESPN on the open market to sell to an Amazon or Apple? Fire a ton of people like they have been to trim down and sell it…
Amazing how far ESPN has slid over the past decade or so. It used to be fun watching SportsCenter at night, top 10 plays, web gems, etc. Now it's just diluted trash with a bunch of random overly enthusiastic hosts or DEI candidates trying to push crappy stories. Maybe I'm just getting older, but I never even tune into ESPN unless it's for a little bit of college gameday and CFB games. About to just cancel cable and deal with crappy bootleg sports streams for Astros and Aggies that freeze every 15 mins.

Stock market related because live sports is one of the actual real things in this world that people enjoy watching. ESPN was THE sports network and leagues/teams are only becoming more and more valuable.

What should be a huge part and focus of Disney is now a pile of dog **** with a cat piss glaze.
FTAG 2000
AG
Buck Compton said:

No way that doesn't get blocked by the FTC.

Like anyone in this administration wouldn't sign off on it for a few shares of Amazon thrown their way.
Quacked
Bud light is a small piece of BUD. Im pretty sure they also own Modelo, so they're still getting your money.

ETA: They own modelo and 500 other beverage brands.

J/K 0708 is right, they own modelo, but not the US rights.

Still they own ALMOST every other beer brand.
0708aggie
AG
They don't own the US rights to Modelo so they aren't getting that.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Danwell Home said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

Amazing how far ESPN has slid over the past decade or so. It used to be fun watching SportsCenter at night, top 10 plays, web gems, etc. Now it's just diluted trash with a bunch of random overly enthusiastic hosts or DEI candidates trying to push crappy stories. Maybe I'm just getting older, but I never even tune into ESPN unless it's for a little bit of college gameday and CFB games. About to just cancel cable and deal with crappy bootleg sports streams for Astros and Aggies that freeze every 15 mins.

Stock market related because live sports is one of the actual real things in this world that people enjoy watching. ESPN was THE sports network and leagues/teams are only becoming more and more valuable.

What should be a huge part and focus of Disney is now a pile of dog **** with a cat piss glaze.
It definitely feels like they could be up for sale if they are trimming a lot of their expensive employees and their CEO makes this type of comment... Strange move as I think live sports is the only reason people pay for any type of live TV anymore. It would make Disney 100% irrelevant to me if this happened.

I also have to wonder if Elon would consider buying it. He could probably change the branding of ESPN completely and get engagement back into the sports network and I know Twitter has had NFL games on it before so it's not far fetched to think he may want to become a player in the space.
FTAG 2000
AG
storey979 said:

Bud light is a small piece of BUD. Im pretty sure they also own Modelo, so they're still getting your money.

ETA: They own modelo and 500 other beverage brands.
I get what they own brand wise world wide.

At the same time, no company can take a 30-40% volume hit to it's number one SKU without a replacement and have good numbers.

I have a neighbor that manages at one of the big box liquor stores here in DFW, the distributor for InBev told him they are down 70% in the Metroplex, and anywhere from 30-70% nationwide the same.

That's going to show up in sales numbers.
Saltyag15
AG
Danwell Home said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

Great post, and so true. I hope they do sell it and someone picks it up that wants to try and bring it back to what it once was. They've done nothing but fire all of their best people and fill it with arguing morons. People will happily tune in to ESPN for sports news and status rather than a few knuckleheads hollering at each other about whether or not someone should be offended by something.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Saltyag15 said:

Danwell Home said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

Great post, and so true. I hope they do sell it and someone picks it up that wants to try and bring it back to what it once was. They've done nothing but fire all of their best people and fill it with arguing morons. People will happily tune in to ESPN for sports news and status rather than a few knuckleheads hollering at each other about whether or not someone should be offended by something.
I think they could have like 10 personalities and do sports news with a mix of sports betting odds talk and people would be all over it. Different games each day and sports betting is a growing market. They could fill half the day with talking about betting odds for the day and matchups and players who are out that will move the line ect. Seems like a no brainer and would cost a LOT less than what they currently do up until gametime.
ProgN
HoustonAg2014 said:

Danwell Home said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

It definitely feels like they could be up for sale if they are trimming a lot of their expensive employees and their CEO makes this type of comment... Strange move as I think live sports is the only reason people pay for any type of live TV anymore. It would make Disney 100% irrelevant to me if this happened.

I also have to wonder if Elon would consider buying it. He could probably change the branding of ESPN completely and get engagement back into the sports network and I know Twitter has had NFL games on it before so it's not far fetched to think he may want to become a player in the space.
If he did, I hope he'd find a spot for Clay.

If you haven't seen this, it's great, but NSFW.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Google popping.
Ranger222
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

Saltyag15 said:

Danwell Home said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

I think they could have like 10 personalities and do sports news with a mix of sports betting odds talk and people would be all over it. Different games each day and sports betting is a growing market. They could fill half the day with talking about betting odds for the day and matchups and players who are out that will move the line ect. Seems like a no brainer and would cost a LOT less than what they currently do up until gametime.

I don't think the fall of ESPN has anything to do with DEI candidates or knuckleheads hollering at each other. Instead the way we consume sports and sports highlights have changed. 20 years ago, I tuned into Sportscenter to actually see the highlights and would make sure I caught that day's Top 10 plays. Now, I see the same on Instagram or Twitter before even turning on the TV. Thus, their is no longer need for a highlight show that runs 8 hours of the day, and if I want to read/hear people argue about sports, I have social media for that (same thing goes for sports radio btw).

I agree the path forward is sports betting. Give me a show that runs for three hours from 4 pm ET - 7 pm ET and make it just sports insiders (Scheftler, Woj, etc) and sports betting experts to break down lines and potentially matchups. That's all I need. All other programing needs to be live sports. Maybe you mix in one hour shows every once in a while about fantasy sports or previewing upcoming seasons (why isn't there programing right now talking about college football season previews and win totals, etc), but that should be the model. Greatly reduce on-air personalities (you really only need ~10) as stated, and then all other costs need to go to fees for the rights to air the individual sports. That's how you make it profitable or bring it back. It will never be the same, but the times have changed.
emac0002
AG

Quote:

up to 5.84 pre-market, backtesting ~5.10 support now. Decent call volume on July & Aug 7.50s believe it or not. I'm bidding for a few cheap Aug $5c.
These are looking good
First Page Last Page
Page 6176 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.