Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,981,574 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
Boy Named Sue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

VLO posted a monster beat. The crack spreads were telling us they would. The share price performance was telling the opposite. I guess XOM isn't the only O&G stock with a target on it's back by this Administration and their buddies. Go VLO!
Why the heck is the stock down today?

VLO Friday $117 calls are .95. May take the plunge there
Golf1
AG
I leave for Cabo tomorrow morning and I need some more spending money! If that happens today and I make non sober decisions, has anyone played the Quivira golf course down there?
Bocephus
AG
Golf1 said:

I leave for Cabo tomorrow morning and I need some more spending money! If that happens today and I make non sober decisions, has anyone played the Quivira golf course down there?

If you need a fixer down there, I know a guy.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
oldarmy1
AG
MSFT looks to go parabolic. These massive moves are perfect for the end of the bull trend. AAPL calls away from the money would be good risk/reward. Make sure they are post earnings, of course.

MSFT looks to continue the move well upward
BaylorSpineGuy
oldarmy1 said:

MSFT looks to go parabolic. These massive moves are perfect for the end of the bull trend. AAPL calls away from the money would be good risk/reward. Make sure they are post earnings, of course.

Another blow off top?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
There went model t from the last 2 days' move
ProgN
Bocephus said:

Golf1 said:

Bocephus
AG
ProgN said:

Bocephus said:

Golf1 said:

Exactly
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Brewmaster
AG
Ccutamu
TTD finally broke through $63 resistance from the last couple weeks. Up over 7% today.
oldarmy1
AG
Exactly
Boy Named Sue
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here by end of the bull trend, if also parabolic and continuing upward?
kyle field 94
AG
Stay away from Cabo San Lucas country club

I played it in March and it was in less than ideal shape, especially for the cost
yocod
AG
Is there any benefit of buying a CD via Marcus (or any bank) versus a brokered CD through your trading account? I'm not too familiar with brokered CDs, but I trade via Fidelity and it looks like they have several CD offerings at the same rates that Marcus offers. Because I keep some cash parked at Fidelity (and via a linked checking account), it seems like it would simplify things versus opening an account at Marcus. But, curious what other peoples' experience is.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

XOM:CVX spread, I'm not posting the detail history, but here's the deal. If I see an intraday move to the $49's, I'm exiting my CVX. Yesterday we were within $0.30. It hit $49's this month in a Pre-Market move - very odd even for Pre-Market. Some may say the spread is too narrow at $49and should buy CVX. Normally, that would be a true statement and you would buy. However, I see CVX's basic fundamentals as poor right now and their leadership sitting on their hands. If it stays out of the $49's, I'll continue to hold.

My wish,...I'd like to see XOM divorce CVX from a spread relationship. XOM needs to go on it's own, if possible. They are to advanced to keep hitched to CVX.

XOM:PXD spread is just over $100 now. It's an okay buy. Should $95 trigger. PXD as a buy is not a bad idea.

Do your own DD.

Random scatter shots.

Later

XOM:CVX Spread hit the $49's at 10:30amET/9:30amCT. I exited CVX today after the spread triggered. Sold at $166. This is a great sign for XOM. We'll see,....

I'll either add XOM or PXD.

XOM as a performer or PXD as a take over candidate by XOM.
Boy Named Sue said:

VLO posted a monster beat. The crack spreads were telling us they would. The share price performance was telling the opposite. I guess XOM isn't the only O&G stock with a target on it's back by this Administration and their buddies. Go VLO!
Why the heck is the stock down today?

VLO Friday $117 calls are .95. May take the plunge there
Seasonality, VLO performs in the summer months, so if you have a negative and want to wait it out, seasonality is on yur side.

As for the reaction today, don't know. As I said yesterday, this is weird for VLO or a major refiner. This stock should be rocketing. Crack spreads couldn't be better and they'll improve from here. ..... What's up is down and what's down is ....

I have no answers.
txaggie_08
AG
What do you take from Sheffield stepping down from PXD? Isn't that interesting timing if in fact XOM was about to buy them? Why wouldn't he just wait to see the sale through and then retire?

Edit: I know his retirement supposedly isn't until end of year, but why announce it if talks with XOM are serious?
BaylorSpineGuy
Boy Named Sue said:

oldarmy1 said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here by end of the bull trend, if also parabolic and continuing upward?

If I understand him right, think Jan 3, 2022. Overzealous bullishness. After 2021, people were convinced SPX would never drop.

I posted a video last week commenting on that. It's like potential energy tho….the higher it goes, the more dramatic the drop.
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

Feels like a lotto SPY call day. Buy any dip with $409 and $410 calls likely pay. Sell the $409's if breaks $409 and half the $410's on the flash up. Likely we test $410 if we do see squeeze breakout.

That worked

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Boy Named Sue
AG
Gotcha that makes sense
txaggie_08 said:

What do you take from Sheffield stepping down from PXD? Isn't that interesting timing if in fact XOM was about to buy them? Why wouldn't he just wait to see the sale through and then retire?

Edit: I know his retirement supposedly isn't until end of year, but why announce it if talks with XOM are serious?
I think Sheffield knows the Libs/activists/Green Energy Clowns will be coming after PXD harder and he doesn't have the scale, scope and motivation to take them on. He has had enough after 7 or 8 years of crap. I think he sees XOM as an outfit that is good, solid, and will keep fighting forward with the same spirit he has, JMO.

As for retirement,....that cat taking Sheffield's place, an Eastern New Mexico University Accountant and Finance dude, served on some non-profit board, he can navigate the personalities in a deal. He's exactly the guy I want beside me to usher through a deal. That cat will be the numbers guy, Sheffield will fend off the rest, and together they get the deal done. Eastern New Mexico guy gets exposure to XOM leadership and it's his chance to shine to a bigger/better future with XOM. Sheffield is giving him the opportunity. Obviously, I like this thought/plan, because it's mine.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Didn't have time to post but I was done by 9:00. Left a lot on the table though by closing early
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
Come on down to me VIX.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

oldarmy1
AG
FJ43 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Feels like a lotto SPY call day. Buy any dip with $409 and $410 calls likely pay. Sell the $409's if breaks $409 and half the $410's on the flash up. Likely we test $410 if we do see squeeze breakout.

That worked

And then we dipped to renter and then explosion. The squeeze is on!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thoughts on going long LUV? 52 week low.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Buying this dip too?
oldarmy1
AG
I sold that explosion and definitely buy back on any 50%!retrace of a wave
Spoony Love
AG
So basically, today is a rejection of SPY 21 EMA?
topher06
XOM missed the memo
Spoony Love
AG
Just setting up for a good call lotto tomorrow. Stays down here and 116 could be a good play
Golf1
AG
I'm looking at 406 puts 2 weeks out when spy is near 410. Not saying it rejects it but I think it's a good area for it to fail.
CheladaAg
AG
Seems that crack spread forecasts is the reason for the drop.
oldarmy1
AG
Golf1 said:

I'm looking at 406 puts 2 weeks out when spy is near 410. Not saying it rejects it but I think it's a good area for it to fail.

All my out buying is out to June using Model T on this most recent channel and then also full Model T from the lows this year to highs.

Not saying I won't buy short tern outs but I'd want a day that experience says exact opposite of what it looked like for todays calls.

Remember AAPL is May 4th. A blow off too possibility too.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
4132 is in play for later today, but I think a better entry is possible.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
oldarmy1
AG
ASAN finally moving back up
First Page Last Page
Page 6088 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.