Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,980,382 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Boy Named Sue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Feels like 410 coming once Wall Street gets back from lunch
oldarmy1
AG
You don't say.
Boy Named Sue
AG
oldarmy1 said:

You don't say.
Haha touche, but you didn't predict the exact half-minute
Boy Named Sue
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Boy Named Sue said:

VLO posted a monster beat. The crack spreads were telling us they would. The share price performance was telling the opposite. I guess XOM isn't the only O&G stock with a target on it's back by this Administration and their buddies. Go VLO!
Why the heck is the stock down today?

VLO Friday $117 calls are .95. May take the plunge there
Seasonality, VLO performs in the summer months, so if you have a negative and want to wait it out, seasonality is on yur side.

As for the reaction today, don't know. As I said yesterday, this is weird for VLO or a major refiner. This stock should be rocketing. Crack spreads couldn't be better and they'll improve from here. ..... What's up is down and what's down is ....

I have no answers.
I think the answer is it's all contrived. MMs control 80% and they know this administration hates fossil fuels. VLO's P/E and forecast indicate it's a really good buy right now. But perception of the hedge funds means more than fundamentals

Bottom line, I'm not playing options on any refiners until we have a new administration, or crude looks like it'll drop into the $60's
Talon2DSO
AG
Spy gave 410 a tickle
wanderer
oldarmy1 said:

You don't say.
Great call out today. At the end of the day I'd love to hear what went into that and how the confidence was so high.
FJ43
Easing into May VIX 21c here again at .98-.99
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

topher06
No kidding. Thanks OA1.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There's 4132. No pullback though
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Talon2DSO
AG
OA is our Oracle
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
boyz05 said:

Seems that crack spread forecasts is the reason for the drop.
Yeah, well,....I don't know what they're looking at, but my best response is - Kate Upton is laughing at their push-up bra.
Boy Named Sue
AG
I'm out of all but a few runners. Looks like it's still got momentum but I didn't want to risk it. Big green day for me
wanderer
Something to watch. /ES just hitting the top end of the channel on the 1hr
Boy Named Sue said:

Boy Named Sue said:

VLO posted a monster beat. The crack spreads were telling us they would. The share price performance was telling the opposite. I guess XOM isn't the only O&G stock with a target on it's back by this Administration and their buddies. Go VLO!
Why the heck is the stock down today?

VLO Friday $117 calls are .95. May take the plunge there
Seasonality, VLO performs in the summer months, so if you have a negative and want to wait it out, seasonality is on yur side.

As for the reaction today, don't know. As I said yesterday, this is weird for VLO or a major refiner. This stock should be rocketing. Crack spreads couldn't be better and they'll improve from here. ..... What's up is down and what's down is ....

I have no answers.
I think the answer is it's all contrived. MMs control 80% and they know this administration hates fossil fuels. VLO's P/E and forecast indicate it's a really good buy right now. But perception of the hedge funds means more than fundamentals

Bottom line, I'm not playing options on any refiners until we have a new administration, or crude looks like it'll drop into the $60's
Bullish or Bearish, I don't care. Jotato is allowing me bank. However, it all changes when an Administration (R/D/L) is hurting us with policies that are insanity. I do not like what is taking place in this country regardless of my account balance. Making money while some jackwagon is burning the house that allows me to make this money is not good.

"IF" we get a new party in the Whitehouse and it happens to be an "R", you'll want to short O&G.

Crude in the $60's,...I'm thinking maybe 2025. Demand is up. O&G Cap investment for last 3 years was not enough to keep up with basic demand. Not sure how people/goods/services are going to get from Point A to Point B without fossil fuel. The drama about a recession dropping oil prices,....okay,...we'll see..
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am pretty sure this will pull back, but I am not shorting.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
CheladaAg
AG
Looks like we're officially back into that bull flag zone (intraday chart) after breaking that last mini leg up. Literally could go up from here but lots of companies reporting after the bell so this might be our catalyst if we get below or stay above this zone.
Aggie09Derek
AG
gougler08 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/high-yield-cds/10-mcd-promo

Any of y'all hopped on this 10 month CD offer at 5.05% APY?

Nope but Sofi savings account is up to 4.2% right now so just have my sideline cash hanging out there
Nice. Ended up doing the 5.05 10-month CD and 3.9% online savings (1% extra boost to 4.9% for the first three months with referral).

If doing both and want credit for referral need to sign up for the online savings account first (I didn't realize this initially).

My referral to get the extra 1% boost on the online savings to 4.9% for the first 3 months (we both get it):

https://www.marcus.com/share/CAI-ZIZ-7M53

edit: now its 4.15% and 5.15% with referral.

SF2004
AG
One of the most absurd pumps in a while.
Boy Named Sue
AG
I can't stay away. They're about to try 411.50 again
Golf1
AG
I'm to the point where j think $414 might happen today
Boy Named Sue
AG
I bought 413Cs 10 minutes ago
topher06
This is a real squeeze.
topher06 said:

This is a real squeeze.
a bear hug
EngrAg14
AG
SF2004 said:

One of the most absurd pumps in a while.
Wonder how this ends if Amazon and Intel bomb earnings and reduce expectations for later
EnronAg
AG
Intel ain't affecting the market...they're garbage now!!! and I think AMZN is going to rip!!!
oldarmy1
AG
4155-4162 on June futures has been major resistance. We've paused there and we'll see if bulls have a death trap for bears.
FTAG 2000
AG
This market is freshman natty beer at chilifest level drunk. Going to end badly.
Boy Named Sue
AG
If they test 412.60 again here and blow through it I'm getting hammered tonight
oldarmy1
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

This market is freshman natty beer at chilifest level drunk. Going to end badly.

Start of capitulation.
EngrAg14
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Start of capitulation.
But the volume is nearly half of similar moves.
topher06
I'm tempted to buy some puts for tomorrow. Think Exxon/Chevron will beat, but all oil stocks just get hammered with beats right now. Not confident Amazon beats.
BaylorSpineGuy
oldarmy1 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Start of capitulation.

Bears capitulating, you mean?
Boy Named Sue
AG
If we just chop into close after a day like this I'll be terribly disappointed
Boy Named Sue
AG
I took him to mean sell off
First Page Last Page
Page 6089 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.