Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,982,233 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oil and refiners getting hit because everyone is saying we are headed for a recession and demand will be less. Pointing to diesel prices as proof.
topher06
Nope, bears dropping haymakers now.
Golf1
AG
$405 still holding but if bulls lose that then it's $402 right?
Boy Named Sue
AG
topher06 said:

Nope, bears dropping haymakers now.
It bounced a little but they tore through it pretty easy. I have my finger on the trigger for puts at 404.8
topher06
Thinking they're going to puke the market again?
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Watch 408.76 then 409.12ish to the upside for confirmation or rejection.

Outside of a bounce I'm downside biased at the moment. But trade what's in front of you.

Target 1 to upside and target 2 to downside

Coming for the lower target today. We rejected the 21ema to the upside.

FTAG 2000
AG
Golf1 said:

$405 still holding but if bulls lose that then it's $402 right?
403.8 is the 89 day EMA.
Boy Named Sue
AG
topher06 said:

Thinking they're going to puke the market again?
Man, you need to ask someone who knows what they're doing lol. I'm just trying to learn so take everything I say with a grain of salt
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Yeah, I see/read the comments along that line of thinking. However, recession delivers no more than a 3% drop in demand in the energy industry and that is why it's a safer bet for your money in a recession as this group continues to perform. My heartburn comes from hearing this recession argument for 18+ months and when it wasn't "recession" it was,....EV's will deliver fossil fuel demand destruction, banking system problems will depress oil, inflation will drive demand down hurting oil, interest rate hikes strengthen the dollar and that weakens oil prices, etc. etc. I'm not saying the aforementioned reasons are false, I'm saying this Administration and the MSM change the unwarranted narrative in an effort to hold down fossil fuels because this Administration's policies on fossil fuels is a complete disaster as they blindly lead this country into the green energy steal. Never thought I'd write the following words, - listen to Saudi as they are telling the truth - ...it's sickening what this Administration is doing to this country and energy. Today's EIA says 8.1 million barrel draw and WTI is down $1.83. Last 4 weeks have been draws. The diesel part of the equation in today's numbers is a sneeze in the atmosphere. Historic numbers point out that we are in trouble. China flight travel has now have surpassed 2019 same period levels, fuel/oil usage worldwide is up. But, but, but, WTI and Brent are down...Saudi been saying since last July there is a disconnect between NY and actual supply driven prices. Saudi tightens the valve in May 2023 (U.S. driving season). We'll see who has bigger ballz in May'23 when it comes to oil price, WTI/NY or OPEC. I'll put my money on OPEC because you cant make chicken salad out of.... We are is a terrible position. And, if Saudi wants to really drive the point home about the manipulation in WTI & Brent, all they have to do is "embargo" the U.S. for unfair trade practices. JMO
FTAG 2000
AG
Oh I agree with you completely, just saying that's what's being parroted in the media and by the analysts.

It doesn't make any sense. I suspect the big ESG drivers (Vanguard, Blackrock) are probably helping hold that scale down too.
topher06
Oh I get it, we are all mostly guessing (except maybe FJ who can predict the future). Hope you went with your gut on that little blip up though.
Spoony Love
AG
If selling picks up steam like this morning, it will blow right through 402.
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

If selling picks up steam like this morning, it will blow right through 402.
If MSFT, CMG, GOOG and BA can't buoy the market, then the breath across a lot of sectors is very negative. Just imagine what it look like if they were all down big. I'd urge caution.
Boy Named Sue
AG
I'm out of all my puts for 40-ish% average. Feels like a reversal or chop coming here, and FJ's box aligns
Spoony Love
AG
I trust FJ's levels. He's been spot on for awhile.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Yeah I should say the top of his box. Wasn't sure what level he was pointing to exactly. It could tank some more here
FJ43
404.30 was top of box (equals top of gap).

We are entering that now and sitting on the 50 as downside target.

Just me but if you entered on the rejection at the 21 then set trails……take yo $$$
FJ43
Watch for volume to enter. If not 402s coming in next few days. 401-400 could be the magnet or the 200.
Boy Named Sue
AG
That's exactly what I did. Maybe I'm learning
Heineken-Ashi
Just going to leave this here.

Those of you who stick on intraday candles - that double top near the bottom of the image is what's called a bear market. 3/4 of the time (2002-2007) was spent going up. And mostly in a choppy "melt up" fashion. On either side of the melt up was the dot com bust which wiped out half of the gains from the dot com boom, and the 2008 crash which was actually just the bear market finishing what it started considering the problems that led to 2008 came into existence following the period of cheap (relative to preceding history) money, dollar devaluation, and parabolic innovation in the 90's.

So we then enter a period of even crazier parabolic valuation growth led mostly by further dollar devaluation, even cheaper money (which many of you seem to think is the "normal" when you reference historical rates), and innovation that was fueled entirely by monetary policy invasion into the free market.. essentially stealing future dollars and future growth from the future for use NOW (which was 10 years ago). And the last leg of this (2020-2022) was even more parabolic extreme than the 10 years that led up to it.

And you keep thinking this is all normal.

We now enter a time where the central bankers HAD to raise rates because the extreme inflation created by their decades of stupidity (we can hope, otherwise its called evil) was finally catching up. And now they cant lower rates because inflation will rocket again. But they cant raise rates because the banking system will collapse alongside anything that is even remotely significantly leveraged with debt. So they keep gaslighting you with this "soft landing" BS. What does that even mean? Look at the chart. It means instead of the market crushing all of the fake and propped up values over the last decade, it spends the next 3-5 years slowly approaching the same level it needs to be at right now. They want you to be the frog in the pot. Because they don't want you to blame them. They need your cooperation for them and their network to be able to scoop up cheap assets after the next bottom and before the next major dollar devaluation. If we crashed like we should, you would blame them and either severely reform the FED or get rid of it altogether. But a slow choke out.. they can convince you that they saved you from EVEN WORSE. And they can start the whole process again. Rinse repeat, but on increasingly shorter timeframes each time they do it.

Look at 2000-2008 again. Look at the market that preceded it. In 1999 nobody thought we could lose so much value so quickly. And it took 10 years to complete.

Why we keep thinking it won't happen again is beyond my understanding. You got used to plummeting value of your dollar and cheap borrowing. But those days are gone for a long time. And this won't be 2008. Because that was the end of a bear market. We just experienced 2000 on a larger scale. And we're currently experiencing 2001 on a larger scale. Zoom out. And plan accordingly.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Boy Named Sue
AG
Took some 404P lottos in case they puke it here
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Just going to leave this here.

Those of you who stick on intraday candles - that double top near the bottom of the image is what's called a bear market. 3/4 of the time (2002-2007) was spent going up. And mostly in a choppy "melt up" fashion. On either side of the melt up was the dot com bust which wiped out half of the gains from the dot com boom, and the 2008 crash which was actually just the bear market finishing what it started considering the problems that led to 2008 came into existence following the period of cheap (relative to preceding history) money, dollar devaluation, and parabolic innovation in the 90's.

So we then enter a period of even crazier parabolic valuation growth led mostly by further dollar devaluation, even cheaper money (which many of you seem to think is the "normal" when you reference historical rates), and innovation that was fueled entirely by monetary policy invasion into the free market.. essentially stealing future dollars and future growth from the future for use NOW (which was 10 years ago). And the last leg of this (2020-2022) was even more parabolic extreme than the 10 years that led up to it.

And you keep thinking this is all normal.

We now enter a time where the central bankers HAD to raise rates because the extreme inflation created by their decades of stupidity (we can hope, otherwise its called evil) was finally catching up. And now they cant lower rates because inflation will rocket again. But they cant raise rates because the banking system will collapse alongside anything that is even remotely significantly leveraged with debt. So they keep gaslighting you with this "soft landing" BS. What does that even mean? Look at the chart. It means instead of the market crushing all of the fake and propped up values over the last decade, it spends the next 3-5 years slowly approaching the same level it needs to be at right now. They want you to be the frog in the pot. Because they don't want you to blame them. They need your cooperation for them and their network to be able to scoop up cheap assets after the next bottom and before the next major dollar devaluation. If we crashed like we should, you would blame them and either severely reform the FED or get rid of it altogether. But a slow choke out.. they can convince you that they saved you from EVEN WORSE. And they can start the whole process again. Rinse repeat, but on increasingly shorter timeframes each time they do it.

Look at 2000-2008 again. Look at the market that preceded it. In 1999 nobody thought we could lose so much value so quickly. And it took 10 years to complete.

Why we keep thinking it won't happen again is beyond my understanding. You got used to plummeting value of your dollar and cheap borrowing. But those days are gone for a long time. And this won't be 2008. Because that was the end of a bear market. We just experienced 2000 on a larger scale. And we're currently experiencing 2001 on a larger scale. Zoom out. And plan accordingly.
txaggie_08
AG
This is terrifying
fightintxag13
AG
Quite a little battle going on here at 4072.
Heineken-Ashi
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Boy Named Sue
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Quite a little battle going on here at 4072.

(Note this was not in response to Heineken's post)
oldarmy1
AG
It's a traders market. Using a down day that was showed coming to like on isn't helpful IMO.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bears haven't done anything yet. Prices last seen two weeks ago.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
CheladaAg
AG
TSLA....touch or not to touch? Dreaded h today but looks like demand levels are around the $150 so maybe a bounce coming.
topher06
Okay so what do we do about it? Buy gold and bullets? I do subscribe to Farmer's preaching that energy is extremely undervalued right now, both oil and especially natural gas.
oldarmy1
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Bears haven't done anything yet. Prices last seen two weeks ago.

Exactly. We got our one good initial flush day and then it's been nothing.
Brewmaster
AG
topher06 said:

Okay so what do we do about it? Buy gold and bullets? I do subscribe to Farmer's preaching that energy is extremely undervalued right now, both oil and especially natural gas.
Yes, gold, silver, guns and ammo.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
topher06 said:

Blow & hookers, no?
topher06
With all of the guns I've seen posted about being lost on various fishing expeditions, I assume I can just go to any lake nearby and grab a few if **** hits the fan.
cryption
add Beans and salt to the list. They'll be currency
First Page Last Page
Page 6086 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.