Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,981,412 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

never put yourself in that position. always close.
Agreed. Sharing out of frustration and caution.

It was a pretty big lesson and reminder, thankfully not an expensive one.
FTAG 2000
AG
topher06 said:

WTF just happened?
Dallas Fed business index -23.4 vs. -14.6 estimated.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
4140 is really the ES level to watch. I won't be shocked if this dip gets bought.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
oldarmy1
AG
Howdy all!

Precariously close to the MACD signal going bearish. We've already broken the current strong uptrend channel. Big moves are coming, but nothing has been confirmed either direction yet. Note the orange box on the MACD that had multiple crosses bull to bear for a few days. We hit a new low and there was handwringing about SPX 2800 all over the place, but it turned out to be a tricksy bottom.

Now we have the lines touching and even if it crosses, we have big earnings that you'd think would break whatever happens into them. If we get another orange box and hit new highs, I would be highly active in the Put side on an RDR off that. Of course we could just continue down, now that the channel is broken. I tweeted last week that I went ahead and entered all June Puts regardless of how short term plays out. Now that we have some potential downside I'll use any larger selling towards Model T of this broken channel as a trim strategy.

oldarmy1
AG
BTW - Someone needs to take FJ skeet range while we wait for direction. He's getting a little irritated and needs to shoot something.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
want over 4150 to consider longs.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm waiting for FJ to visit Dallas. I owe the guy many many drinks.
FTAG 2000
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BTW - Someone needs to take FJ skeet range while we wait for direction. He's getting a little irritated and needs to shoot something.

Send him north to Frisco, have some bourbon with his name on it.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Moo

Y'all have fun today! Make a bunch of money!
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Any news thoughts on where WWR is headed? Looks like no announcement ever came on the supposed deal with a battery company.

I'm not sure, but thought we had a double bottom in December and looked promising afterwards. However, last six weeks has been a clear downturn.
FJ43
One drive scalp ( frowned upon I know) trade heading into the office today. Left some on the table but I'm good with it. Entered a little early on it but had the setup to work.

I'll look for some setups tonight if I can and post a few.

gougler08
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Any news thoughts on where WWR is headed? Looks like no announcement ever came on the supposed deal with a battery company.

I'm not sure, but thought we had a double bottom in December and looked promising afterwards. However, last six weeks has been a clear downturn.
I've long since given up that the money I have tied up there ever turns a profit, but no real point in selling it either...so I just ignore it now
Spoony Love
AG
SPY approaching model T intraday at 411.83 I think.

I'm looking to downside once it goes there.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Newbie questions I have that some others might benefit from: What, besides tax implications and liquidity, are the pros and cons of trading options in an IRA account? Do the same Pattern Day Trader rules apply? I'm googling and reading, but thought y'all would probably have other ideas beyond the basics.
aggies4life
AG
Same! Too bad we didn't just move all that money tied up in wwr into Atlx
FJ43
Trade at your own risk but CIDM is probably worth a try here at .39.

Edit: swing trade
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Pretty confident you'll see XOM at ~$128 by Memorial Day. Hope you can make some money off that in the Options arena. For the last couple weeks "they" held it down for the whales as long as they could, today was either buy-in or sit on the side. Activist's are frowning. The rest of us are smiling. If you own XOM vote these activist Directors off the Board, Goff, Hietala, and Karsner. They're from Engine No.1. It will be difficult as institutions hold 60% of XOM, but every vote counts.
EngrAg14
AG
Anyone have the earnings whisper calendar for this week and next if its out?
Chef Elko
AG
Anyone accumulating T down here?
FJ43
SPY acting like it wants 412.50ish

But I don't trust it.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

he needs a good hog hunt!

not me, but wish it was. some day! be a lot cheaper without a chopper too.
Brewmaster
AG
agree, nevermind. I see another trend line from Tuesday's top, putting 413 about the top.
JbKing45
TxAgLaw03RW said:

I just can't see them getting funding in this market. If you read other message boards, it would make you think this stock is a complete fraud. GLTA and I'm sure the stock will continue to sell off until the quarterly update in May.
oldarmy1
AG
No support at all as it heads back to retest $0.76 into the May 1st earnings call. They better give a facility completion date. and it better be accurate. No more delays.

Spoony Love
AG
Green day, red day ... who gives a s%%t? - Happy Gilmore
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So are you buying any of those August calls back? Looks like a couple traded at .1 today
topher06
Puke or spike? Make take lottos both directions
oldarmy1
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

So are you buying any of those August calls back? Looks like a couple traded at .1 today
I'm sitting at $0.01 GTC for both the May and August calls but no fills.

I almost begged people to sell recent buys under $1 and use the spike to enter covered calls when it spiked.
oldarmy1
AG
TLT has been a sideways death trap to options holders since December. Call options out to August have really picked up. The $117 and $120 strikes have most interest. June 16 has multiple strikes with higher volume $110, $111, $115, even $120. I went with some August $115's.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'd happily buy mine back for .01!
FJ43
FJ43 said:

But I don't trust it.

Didn't take the trade when it was mid 411s but it's reaching for it.
ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Moo

Y'all have fun today! Make a bunch of money!
FJ43
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

But I don't trust it.

Didn't take the trade when it was mid 411s but it's reaching for it.

Ping

Triple_Bagger
Danwell Home said:

Anyone accumulating T down here?
I'm selling 1/19 P15s for $50/contract. Happy getting assigned or collecting the premium.
Spoony Love
AG
Did somebody try to puke it? Hit a 411.90 low or made a mistake. That wick came out of nowhere. Or somebody knows something already and wants out of SPY before the overnight move.
First Page Last Page
Page 6081 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.