Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,984,272 Views | 231561 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FJ43
Fade me but I loaded the rest of my VIX May 21C today towards the lows.
MROD92
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/apr/18/joe-biden-hike-payments-good-credit-homebuyers-sub/

What, if any, impact might this have?
Buck Compton
AG
MROD92 said:

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/apr/18/joe-biden-hike-payments-good-credit-homebuyers-sub/

Their idiocy knows no ends.
FJ43
MROD92 said:

Insanity. But I expect nothing less.
Whirligigs
At somepoint the productive side of society needs to catch a clue and just stop paying for taxes and mortgages. Anyways f16 issue.
PeekingDuck
AG
Good news is that no one can afford the houses anyway, so the general economic risk is mitigated.
FJ43
Will it work?

BaylorSpineGuy
SKEW dropped quite a bit this evening.
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'm good with that.
FTAG 2000
AG
MROD92 said:

2008 says hold my Lehman Bro.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'm good with that.
FJ43
Mornun!

Some lower targets today and an SR to the upside to watch for rejection.

Trade wisely!
FJ43
May VIX calls bought yesterday should be up about 25%-30% if VIX remains here at open. Im not selling any yet should it hold.

Give me 20 please.
FJ43
Meme play but set some alerts on VINE.

Downside .37 and upside .62 then .88
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

MROD92 said:

For real - we are literally expanding credit to less qualified borrowers during a government induced credit crunch and charging higher fees to those making sound financial decisions like putting 20% down on house.

It's frustrating to say the least and I suspect will end up similar to 2008 results where those lower credit folks lost their house as soon as the job was eliminated and theyre laid off. I watched it happen personally to my mom & stepdad in 2008. Fun times….
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
MROD92
FTAG 2000 said:

MROD92 said:

I too believe history is repeating itself. Many shorted and made a lot of money, I was wondering/asking if that might be possible again?
Boy Named Sue
AG
Faded the first move and bought calls, scalped for about 20% but shoulda held
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

Faded the first move and bought calls, scalped for about 20% but shoulda held

I bought an xsp 413c for .75 at open
What if they squeeze it to 420 today?
Boy Named Sue
AG
Then dinner and drinks are on you, if you still have those 420Cs!
Spoony Love
AG
The perfect setup for pot heads to win and pay for their pot. I wil be disappointed if they haven't worked up to this. But they may be too stoned today
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I didn't buy any! Just these xsps this morning!
Boy Named Sue
AG
Oh I assumed it was you that bought 420s for 4/20, and that was why you were hoping it'd squeeze to 420 (on 4/20)
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Gross action. Just not bothering today.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Brewmaster
AG
Silver miner... anyone else noticing bullish setups? potential inverse H&S over last month and bigger cup and handle over last 12 months. I'm also about to buy some real silver, bars, rounds, etc. "Stay away in May", may mean a breakout for metals.

This is FSM.

some rough levels up: 4.58, 5.52, 6.31.
topher06
Just did my first in and out on SPXW. Can see how these could become addicting, so it also might be my last one. The substantially lower broker fees (as a %) are really attractive though, when compared to SPY options.
irish pete ag06
AG
ERX looking pretty inverse H&Sish

LMCane
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

FTAG 2000 said:

MROD92 said:

For real - we are literally expanding credit to less qualified borrowers during a government induced credit crunch and charging higher fees to those making sound financial decisions like putting 20% down on house.

It's frustrating to say the least and I suspect will end up similar to 2008 results where those lower credit folks lost their house as soon as the job was eliminated and theyre laid off. I watched it happen personally to my mom & stepdad in 2008. Fun times….
nothing to fear except fear itself!!

US Leading Economic Indicators Tumble For 12th Straight Month, Signal Recession Imminent

BY TYLER DURDEN THURSDAY, APR 20, 2023 - 10:35 AM

The Conference Board's Leading Economic Indicators (LEI) accelerated its decline in March, dropping 1.2% MoM (far more than the 0.7% decline expected).

The biggest positive contributor to the leading index was orders for non-defense capital goods ex aircraft at 0.02 The biggest negative contributor was building permits at -0.28

This is the 12th straight monthly decline in the LEI (and 13th month of 15) - the longest streak of declines since 'Lehman' (22 straight months of declines from June 2007 to April 2008)
jj9000
AG
LMCane said:

FTAG 2000 said:

MROD92 said:

US Leading Economic Indicators Tumble For 12th Straight Month, Signal Recession Imminent

The Conference Board's Leading Economic Indicators (LEI) accelerated its decline in March, dropping 1.2% MoM (far more than the 0.7% decline expected).

The biggest positive contributor to the leading index was orders for non-defense capital goods ex aircraft at 0.02 The biggest negative contributor was building permits at -0.28

This is the 12th straight monthly decline in the LEI (and 13th month of 15) - the longest streak of declines since 'Lehman' (22 straight months of declines from June 2007 to April 2008)
Seriously?

What's the 1st Rule about posting economic data?
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Mornun!

Some lower targets today and an SR to the upside to watch for rejection.

Trade wisely!

Pinged and rejected upper target so far.

We shall see.
Boy Named Sue
AG
TSLA hitting support now. Could go low here?
Golf1
AG
Spy 412 has been pretty solid lately.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
jj9000 said:

LMCane said:

FTAG 2000 said:

MROD92 said:

Seriously?

What's the 1st Rule about posting economic data?

We never talk about Posting Economic Data.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Brewmaster
AG
very soon! H&S and rounded look on SPY over last week

I looked up UVXY just for fun, WOW exhibit A of what happens to leveraged ticker, aka decay over time.
First Page Last Page
Page 6077 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.