Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,986,941 Views | 231572 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by El_duderino
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SKEW bumped up a little again….
gougler08
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Market crash on 4/28 confirmed.

Oh wait, nevermind. That's the day of my scheduled vasectomy. End of times upon us.

Gotta plan that out better, did mine on the first Thursday of March Madness a couple years ago, had a built in excuse to camp out and watch constant basketball for the whole weekend
BaylorSpineGuy
Lol I tried! Did it the week after baby was born and was ready for the Masters but Urologist wanted to make visit first and then some other stuff came up :-(.

Poor form.

Btw, I have a new theory. Baylor's sports success was a mirror of the SP500 over last 15 yrs. Bottomed in '07-08 as Briles took the helm. Then meteoric rise unparalleled in history. We peaked in 2021 with a hoops natty and then a Sugar bowl win on first day of '22. All downhill since then. Lost coaches, poor recruiting, turnover, losing records, etc.

Serious question: Was Baylor's unprecedented success a function of cheap money and low interest rates? Did that facilitate investment into athletics that may not be realized again for many years? I hope not.
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Lol I tried! Did it the week after baby was born and was ready for the Masters but Urologist wanted to make visit first and then some other stuff came up :-(.

Poor form.

Btw, I have a new theory. Baylor's sports success was a mirror of the SP500 over last 15 yrs. Bottomed in '07-08 as Briles took the helm. Then meteoric rise unparalleled in history. We peaked in 2021 with a hoops natty and then a Sugar bowl win on first day of '22. All downhill since then. Lost coaches, poor recruiting, turnover, losing records, etc.

Serious question: Was Baylor's unprecedented success a function of cheap money and low interest rates? Did that facilitate investment into athletics that may not be realized again for many years? I hope not.

Oh boy. You've opened the door to SO many comments and jokes from this board.
FJ43
All I can say is get ready for Prog's response.
BaylorSpineGuy
FJ43 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Poor form.

Oh boy. You've opened the door to SO many comments and jokes from this board.

Lol. I'm not wrong. We have had amazing success over these past years. And no I'm not equating it to cheating or paying players - I'm referring to simply money flowing into the athletics department. New facilities, etc.

jimmo
FJ43 said:

All I can say is get ready for Prog's response.
Honestly, I thought of a few responses myself...
then realized .. You can't post crap like that on the interwebs
valverde03
AG
All due respect, but none of us care about Baylor. FJ's point is that the urologist wanted to see you and that made "something" come up.
Boy Named Sue
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Poor form.

So you're saying Baylor success = tulips
EngrAg14
AG
Starting to look like 420 wasn't that out of the world.
BaylorSpineGuy
Boy Named Sue said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Poor form.

So you're saying Baylor success = tulips

One might come to that conclusion.
FTAG 2000
AG
EngrAg14 said:

Starting to look like 420 wasn't that out of the world.

420 on 4/20.

All the reefer day traders gonna make it happen
Heineken-Ashi
Baylor doesn't allow Heineken on campus.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Poor form.

BaylorSpineGuy
ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Poor form.

Yes. I am a vasectomy rookie. Don't really wanna do it more than once. Lol
lobwedgephil
topher06 said:

What sets off these spikes or plummets with 5-10 minutes to go in each session? Just traders holding their cards until that time?
There are MOC, market on close orders. They get updated the last 2 hours of day, like a running total. But they don't get updated for Nasdaq stocks until 10 mins before close, why you get the 3:50 algo, bc market on close orders reported then.

irish pete ag06
AG
Man my vasectomy was so interesting. Guy that did it was an ag so we talked aggie football and barbecue the whole time.

Also getting the wife off the birth control has been a pleasant experience.

Anyways, how about that QQQ
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Poor form.

I just found it funny that the Urologist wanted a "visit first". You're a freaking surgeon whose surgeries involve the central nervous system, not Jim Bob from the bar down the street. You're qualified to do for yourself, yet he wanted a consult. I'd have just laughed at that.
cjo03
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Baylor doesn't allow Heineken on campus.

that right there is funny.

but what is not funny is whichever one of you guys recommended some energy plays for companies that send K-1s and K-3s. my stubbornness only has me a decade behind or so on hiring a CPA to deal with this crap for me.
spud1910
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Poor form.

Since no one else has shared this epic thread with you, I will.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2501217/1
FJ43
Watching to see 416.30s today. 418.31 next to upside. Watch 413.20s if it holds.
FJ43

woodiewood1
So what's the consensus on XOM stock and oil prices over the next few months?
BaylorSpineGuy
Lol I'm with you there, but I also am using my insurance so there was a need for a formal visit lol.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
You should go back a few pages and read what Farmer posted. He's got quite the in-depth analysis on Oil and XOM.

DRILL BABY DRILL
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Agsrback12
Any thoughts on Energy Transfer ticker: ET?
Spoony Love
AG
Bullard with the rate hike talk this morning. May be fine day for puts early
Carioca Corredor
AG
$ET has been a consistent performer. They have been in acquisition mode for some time. I buy when share price is $9-$11.50. Sell a bit when shares go above $12 for day trade cash. Rinse and repeat. It is a MLP so look into how it impacts your tax situation before buying.
Brewmaster
AG
any of you switch banks yet?

the replies I'm getting here are shocking. Few have any idea what is brewing.

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/3373776
techno-ag
AG
Agsrback12 said:

Any thoughts on Energy Transfer ticker: ET?
No matter how low gas goes, it's still gotta be transported, and ET should continue to pay a good divvie.
Boy Named Sue
AG
MMP is a solid company in the energy transport/pipeline sector, as well
Bonfire1996
AG
perma Brew doomster said:

any of you switch banks yet?

the replies I'm getting here are shocking. Few have any idea what is brewing.

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/3373776
Wow. I've never understood people saying, "meh, I'm insured." You want to talk about life disruption? Join 5,000 of your closest friends at the branch after the FDIC shuts it down so you can access your money. Yuck.

It will get worse as growth slows and the FED keeps raising. Organic deposit runoff is kryptonite to these banks with large bond portfolios.
cryption
I responded in your thread as well - but this is my uninformed take

I'm suspecting something like JP Morgan will weather the coming storm. Govt considers them too big to fail, lots of wealthy people have their money with them, and they'll end up buying local / regional banks that fail. I can see this whole banking thing causing a consolidation of banking to a few of the biggest players - and I reckon JP is one of them. The rich wont let their friends fail.
irish pete ag06
AG

Yes FUBO is a **** meme stock, but it's also approaching a daily cross on the 8/21 EMA. It's summer baseball season so they will have a lot of seasonal subscribers to make earnings look better.

I set a large limit order a couple of weeks ago at .96 that never filled (was too aggressive).

I think the play here is to start accumulating common on dips to the 8 day ema...

The last 3 times the ema cross it say 176%, 35%, and 53%ish gains from cross to top.

This time it could be different, but it feels like the memes always run right before the next leg down.

So I like the setup.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Since the Rangers look legit, I'm about to switch to Fubo from YouTubeTV so I will have Bally. Doing my part!
First Page Last Page
Page 6074 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.