Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,980,415 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
jj9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We all had the Inverse Cramer alert.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/08/cramer-says-hes-intrigued-by-these-10-top-performing-sp-500-stocks.html
Boy Named Sue
AG
Bonfire1996
AG
While we are watching the SVB drama, bond yields are giving the biggest middle finger of the last decade to JPow.

2 year is down 0.4% since JPow said we are going up, faster and more than expected.
EngrAg14
AG
AXP on edge of a big gap down
Ag CPA
AG
Probably flight to safety stemming from the banking mess more than anything.
bmks270
AG
I think the amount of deposits removed from SVB yesterday and today are going to shock people. Based on comments from the web it sounds like every depositor tried to move money out yesterday, which is continuing today for those who were too late yesterday.

Heineken-Ashi
WWR today

“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
EngrAg14
AG
Also can see a inverse cup (3/2 ~ 3/9) and handle forming on SPY if we rebound upwards today and Monday for a departure down to 380 by end of next week.
Carlo4
AG
Last summer, my dad had a 5 figure long position on this stock. I was able to get him out of it only because of an illness where I took temp control. I think he took a 5% loss but...

He would have lost everything.
SF2004
AG
You guys do realize the situation at SBV is mirror all through banking right?

There is a reason some banks are paying stupid interested while the larger money center and better regional banks are not.

There is still more to come from banks that took risks thinking rates would never go back up again.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I bet i know who is still short

SF2004
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Nor should we protect large depositors who chased unrealistic yield and placed their funds with a bad bank.
Whitehouse Road
AG
DNN buy zone
FTAG 2000
AG
SF2004 said:

You guys do realize the situation at SBV is mirror all through banking right?

There is a reason some banks are paying stupid interested while the larger money center and better regional banks are not.

There is still more to come from banks that took risks thinking rates would never go back up again.
So what's the play? Longer dated XLF puts? Something else?
deadbq03
AG
My defensive GLD and TLT leaps are soaring. When both move together like this, it's bad news for equities.
Bonfire1996
AG
Another fight against J Pow. Have you guys investigated how much in unrealized losses in bond portfolios exist on big banks balance sheets? Between 40-50% of their equity, on average, is currently gone from unrealized losses. Only way to get those unrealized losses back to flat is for rates to drop.
SF2004
AG
deadbq03 said:

My defensive GLD and TLT leaps are soaring. When both move together like this, it's bad news for equities.
The fact that the market rallied like it did the first two months of the year is one of the biggest manipulation events by the market makers. Retail had sniffed this out and positioned accordingly. So they propped up the market until those PUTs burned.

Market has been trash since Potato head wrote more checks coming into office and then tried to blame "Putins Price Increase".

Shutting down and pumping money into the system only had one result.

Made good money selling the volatility events tho.
SF2004
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Another fight against J Pow. Have you guys investigated how much in unrealized losses in bond portfolios exist on big banks balance sheets? Between 40-50% of their equity, on average, is currently gone from unrealized losses. Only way to get those unrealized losses back to flat is for rates to drop.
What is your prediction on final FED target?

I think we get to 5.75% and hold for a while for some pain. Then Daddy Pow wants to trail off back to 3.50% for a good long while. Rates aren't going back to 0.

I think he thought he could bagdad bob this inflation and failed.
Bonfire1996
AG
SF2004 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

I think we get to 5.75% and hold for a while for some pain. Then Daddy Pow wants to trail off back to 3.50% for a good long while. Rates aren't going back to 0.

Rates are going to zero and below. It's a certainty.

If JPow goes to 5.75% unrealized losses might hit 75% of banks equity. That can't happen for long.

This is the biggest, longest term bluff in financial market history.
SF2004
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

SF2004 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Rates are going to zero and below. It's a certainty.

If JPow goes to 5.75% unrealized losses might hit 75% of banks equity. That can't happen for long.

Rates can't go back to 0. Inflation would go through the roof.
Brewmaster
AG
Wow, thanks for posting! your knowledge drop is always appreciated here
oldarmy1
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

WWR today

Hope everyone heeded the post to enter covered calls on the spikes above $1.35,,,,or to have sold buys under $1 there.

It's all about production. Until then we'll get these pops on news. Take advantage of them.
Carioca Corredor
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Then what's the winning plays? Short bank stocks, buy T or Muni bonds with a 2 year duration or start trading the US dollar ??
Boy Named Sue
AG
I'm paralyzed by SPY. Bought puts early, then calls to hedge, and like an idiot I'm trapped in purgatory. Need a breakout, either way, before decay eats me alive
oldarmy1
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

I'm paralyzed by SPY. Bought puts early, then calls to hedge, and like an idiot I'm trapped in purgatory. Need a breakout, either way, before decay eats me alive
3880 breaks and puts rule. Markets seeking direction right now just above and if we break to the upside above 3920 its game on for bulls until handwringing over CPI begins.
Brewmaster
AG
Volume seems to favor your call side at the moment, and on top of it, we're oversold
Boy Named Sue
AG
Thanks y'all. Rookie mistake, and probably the most expensive one I've made so far. We'll see what happens as the day goes on
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Made some scalping. Hard session.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
NQ scalping has been pretty easy today.

oldarmy1
AG
Best trade I had today was a reach 3940 ES call that was at $17 just before NFP. I tossed a bid at $9.25 and it filled on the reaction drop and then caught the initial wave for $19.25 exit fills. Those are now at $6.25, so not for the faint of heart but what gains!
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Best trade I had today was a reach 3940 ES call that was at $17 just before NFP. I tossed a bid at $9.25 and it filled on the reaction drop and then caught the initial wave for $19.25 exit fills. Those are now at $6.25, so not for the faint of heart but what gains!
Maybe a I should have rebought them. $9.75 now
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Maybe a I should have rebought them. $9.75 now

I had 3920s that I bought at 5 and and sold at 6. Doh
ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Silicon Valley Bank is shut down by regulators, FDIC to protect insured deposits (cnbc.com)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
T&P for the dip buyers.
SoTXAg09
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 6015 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.