Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,171,145 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Robag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I did grab a few hundred shares last week, we can ride together and see what comes of it.

LMCane
M4 Benelli said:

LMCane said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Whitehouse Road said:

Nice cup and handle on ZIM?
ZIM's getting there.

Has some big overhead resistance from 23-23.42, then a gap to fill up to 25.40ish.

ZIM is literally the worst performer in my entire brokerage and 401K.

I think my position is down 46%

I proclaimed 6 months ago that this stock that I once championed should be cut like a crazy ex-gf. Why you still holding waiting some makeup poon?

Its a cyclical, and all the headwinds are well behind us.
never saw that post LOL

I am not a huge whale, I think at the max I had around $1000 in it. I just trimmed the position last week
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Gonna be meh until CPI guys.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Spoony Love
AG
I've held some 0dte 414C SPY since open and they are net free. Plan is to hold if it reaches 413.25 by 1:30. If it does, exit half as it runs to 414 then let it ride. If not, I'm out and waiting for the last 15 minutes of the day.
Brewmaster
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

The pronouncements of Google being dead are ridiculous. The AI race has only just begun. Yeah, Microsoft caught them napping a little bit, but they're a few months behind with Bard vs ChatGPT.

Are you gonna stop using google for search? Gonna give up Gmail? Google maps?
Man I hope they keep hammering Google to 15x earnings. Never before has $100B cash generation Company been so disrespected.

Nearly $100B in cash generated annually. Are you effing kidding me? Dead?
big boys have been buying GOOGL calls all day. not much else though
cjo03
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Robag09 said:

I have hesitated to bring this to the board as I know we have a bunch of degenerates on here, but has anyone been following GNS (Genius Group) and this "naked short" saga?

It is all quiet fascinating, but I do not recommend investing unless you are a gambler. Just curious if anyone else has been watching this one.

Summary:
- Stock IPO's in April 2022 in the teens, gets driven down to $0.30 per share by the end of 2022.

- There are apparently only 20 million shares outstanding, but it has traded over 50 million shares on the daily 6 times in the last 2 weeks.

- The CEO is on a mission to prove illegal naked shorting is the cause and has announced a $10 digital coupon dividend and some other items to call a share count

Grabbed 150 shares just for fun

wish you'd have brought it here a month ago... ya know.. for any of the degenerates.

Robag09
AG
I wish I would have found it a month ago!

I actually stumbled across it doing some DD on our favorite Graphite stock and got intrigued. The potential major catalysis for this stock is the $10 NFT dividend coupon at the end of the month, I'm not sure what type of actual cash value the market will believe that is worth.

Also a vote on share buyback sometime this week, I will hold for a few weeks and see how this shakes out.

Spoony Love
AG
I think I'm done. Dropped the net frees at 1:30. I may play one last scalp if we see another 8/21 cross before close, but it will be a tomorrow expiry.

last few minutes of the day scalp is not an option today in my opinion
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I decided that Exxon should buy me a tank of gas.
howdydamnit04
AG
Getting close. 2.62.
gougler08
AG
howdydamnit04 said:

Getting close. 2.62.
Yeah I may just exit today, don't want to be greedy and miss out on this short squeeze
SF2004
AG
Tomorrow feels like a last chance for sub 4000 for a while.

If CPI comes in cool it will be a bunch of bull**** but I think a lot of money comes flooding back into the markets.

They changed the formula but they also had to revise December up.
Spoony Love
AG
I think everyone knows it's supposed to be bad. So anything cool, I agree with you about money flooding the market.
ProgN
Bonfire1996
AG
PLTR. My man
TheVarian
AG
He does some cool stuff
BaylorSpineGuy
ProgN said:

Who's cutting onions?!?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Man looks like a bunch of folks decided to cut and run when they announced that the $10 nft was only going to be good for education credits on their platform
gougler08
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

PLTR. My man
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
rest easy gents. battle will be tomorrow.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

Evening Gents!

Drive traded the last few hours of the day today and exited March VIX calls OA also played on todays VIX spike. That's about it.

What I'm watching closely.

Note the cross.

My guess is gap up Monday into 410-11 and possible run to 414ish. Just a guess.

Trade wisely!

Reaching for 410

Well moved through 410 &11 but didn't quite reach 414. 412.97 close enough. I exited all 410c for todays expiry I bought Friday.

Flat for me going into tomorrow.

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Anybody got a subscription to Talking Alpha? (Seeking Alpha) They published an article 2 hours ago that states JB is selling another 26 million barrels from the SPR. I am unable to read/see the specifics of the article. This is insanity.

Side Note: To my knowledge JB can take the inventory down to 316 million barrels and must stop at that point. I think we're at 370-ish. Sure hope these House Republicans can block the sale....they said it was their goal to stop Joe from selling SPR inventory.
GreasenUSA
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Anybody got a subscription to Talking Alpha? (Seeking Alpha) They published an article 2 hours ago that states JB is selling another 26 million barrels from the SPR. I am unable to read/see the specifics of the article. This is insanity.

Side Note: To my knowledge JB can take the inventory down to 316 million barrels and must stop at that point. I think we're at 370-ish. Sure hope these House Republicans can block the sale....they said it was their goal to stop Joe from selling SPR inventory.
It's a short article, but links to a Bloomberg article, which I have linked below the text.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3935467-us-to-sell-26m-more-barrels-from-strategic-petroleum-reserve
U.S. to sell 26M more barrels from Strategic Petroleum Reserve - report
Feb. 13, 2023 4:45 PM ETThe United States Oil ETF, LP (USO), CL1:COMEQT, UCO, XLE, APA, COP, MRO, DBO, SCO, BNO, GUSH, DRIP, USOI, NRGU, CO1:COMBy: Carl Surran, SA News Editor123 Comments

The Biden administration plans to sell another 26M barrels of crude oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, Bloomberg reported Monday.

The SPR has been drawn down to its lowest levels since 1983; after this latest release, the SPR would dip to ~345M barrels.

Crude oil futures had finished modestly higher before the SPR news, with Nymex front-month crude (CO1:COM) closing +0.5% to $80.14/bbl and April Brent crude (CL1:COM) ending +0.2% to $86.61/bbl, both settling at their highest levels this month.

ETFs: (NYSEARCA:USO), (BNO), (UCO), (SCO), (DBO), (DRIP), (GUSH), (USOI), (NRGU)
Oil and gas shares (XLE) lagged the broader market, -0.6% to finish as the day's only decliner among the 11 S&P sectors, and four of the day's largest losers on the S&P 500 were EQT Corp. (EQT) -2.5%, APA Corp. (APA) -2.4%, ConocoPhillips (COP) -1.9% and Marathon Oil (MRO) -1.5%.
The energy sector was the only group to end last week with a gain.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/us-to-sell-26-million-more-barrels-from-strategic-oil-reserve-1.1883307https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/us-to-sell-26-million-more-barrels-from-strategic-oil-reserve-1.1883307
ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-sell-26-million-barrels-more-strategic-petroleum-reserve

Quote:

The Biden administration on Monday announced another sale of oil from the Dept. of Energy's Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR), with 26 million barrels set to be delivered to the market from April 1st to June 30th which will take the number of barrels in the reserve to a new low dating back to 1983.

Unlike the largest-ever drawdown of the SPR that Biden announced in response to Russia's war in Ukraine, the latest release of 26 million barrels is in response to a requirement included in two laws enacted by Congress during the Obama administration under the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 and the Fixing America's Surface Transportation (FAST) Act. The announcement comes ahead of a potential uptick in gas prices as the U.S. nears the summer driving season.

"Biden is front-loading SPR barrels to avoid a summer gasoline price spike," said Phil Flynn, analyst Price Futures Group and FOX Business Network contributor. "There are growing concerns among the Biden administration that gas prices are headed back to $4.00 a gallon and the president is fearful of the political heat he will have to take."
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
everything looks great sector wise. I think CPI will be a non event AFTER it traps a few times.
Thank you!
Thank you!
OPEC+ will not let this go unanswered if more SPR releases are coming. This Administration is effing clueless.

Side Note: I got a lot of winter left in my backyard for months to come. The next 2 weeks we'll be diving back into the negative temps. I'm trying to help you NatGas Longs. I'll burn as much as I can.
ProgN

everything looks great sector wise. I think CPI will be a non event AFTER it traps a few times.
IIRC, tomorrow will be the first CPI print since they changed the timeframe. I'm expecting a pretty good drop in CPI YoY.
Yes. Agree. And the next 4.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
PSA - if any of you consider consulting for GLG or Guidepoint - it's not worth the trouble.
cjo03
AG

PSA - if any of you consider consulting for GLG or Guidepoint - it's not worth the trouble.

i get these all the time, but never actually respond - whats the schtick?

tlepoC
AG
I've been wondering that as well. I've just been ignoring them like most of my emails
irish pete ag06
AG

So they set the 2 year right on the trendline going into CPI
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Someone just executed the 25 Jan2024 put contracts I had sold for WWR. I wonder if we're going to get some buyout news or something else big today? Way too much time for them to be executing those so suddenly.
First Page Last Page
Page 5983 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.