Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,988,275 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Swollen Thumb
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

This is not easy to predict action. I will wait for 2:30 to see if anything looks good
really? I liked the big volume at 12:55 and 1:07 -- I went long on those 2 bars alone.

we also formed a trend line from 1:08 to about 1:30 that basically held into the close...

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I kept thinking about trapped longs and shorts. I scalped some longs of course.

Years of ass beatings have made me skittish on super volatile days.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Also, 4170 on emini is super technically significant level. Most of the pros I know did not trade the end of day rally for what it's worth. Probably same challenge I had with it - viewed as low probability
Bonfire1996
AG
The FEDs credit report was not good. It's about to get ugly.
BaylorSpineGuy
Bonfire1996 said:

Please expound on this. Is this the "stress test" that they put on banks?
Bird Poo
AG
Haven't gone long on anything. This market is f'd up. Significant layoffs everywhere but we're supposed to believe all is well.

Waiting for 3400-3600. At least.
Bonfire1996
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Bonfire1996 said:

consumer borrowing dropping off a cliff. Consumption will follow.
BaylorSpineGuy
Bonfire1996 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Bonfire1996 said:

consumer borrowing dropping off a cliff. Consumption will follow.

This is a new metric you've seen or already published and digested?
Bonfire1996
AG
FED report today on all credit. Consumer debt, mortgages, student loans, car loans, everything. Every metric didn't just miss targets, but missed badly.

Consumers already blew through all their cash so the last several months of positive GDP and positive retail sales were all fueled by credit. That's now finished. January and February retail sales will be bad and that's when the predictions start to set in that Q1 is the first quarter of the real recession.
Bonfire1996
AG
Couple it with reports that this recent run up is being fueled by retail buyers and it is the classic trap we've seen repeated for decades.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I could see tomorrow being a blow off top day. Like +4%

Big IF though, has to be an up day.
jj9000
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

FED report today on all credit. Consumer debt, mortgages, student loans, car loans, everything. Every metric didn't just miss targets, but missed badly.

Consumers already blew through all their cash so the last several months of positive GDP and positive retail sales were all fueled by credit. That's now finished. January and February retail sales will be bad and that's when the predictions start to set in that Q1 is the first quarter of the real recession.

This is something to pay attention to. I've noticed these bearish credit posts over the last few months. Not COVID 30K magnitude, but, bearish nonetheless.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Remember that market bottom in March 09 before things were better? Just keep that in mind.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I still think 3200-3300 trades this year
Brewmaster
AG

Also, 4170 on emini is super technically significant level. Most of the pros I know did not trade the end of day rally for what it's worth. Probably same challenge I had with it - viewed as low probability
ahh, good to know. Yes I scalped as well. I was out long before the close. I also had to get back to work and was quite happy with quick $.
Monywolf

Remember that market bottom in March 09 before things were better? Just keep that in mind.
And this market bottomed in October 2022.
EngrAg14
AG

I could see tomorrow being a blow off top day. Like +4%

Big IF though, has to be an up day.

I agree, but I would think next week or two would be an absolute blood bath post that.
Slowly consolidate, get to around 405~410, raise back up to 415ish. Shake out folks then just a dead drop one day for 3~5% and free fall one week.

None of the earnings point to anything good coming up.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You all are forgetting that the markets are constantly discounting and are forward looking. They know earnings will be bad but they are all starting to see past the bad earnings.

Suspend the logic of the market being perfectly priced for today's conditions.
ibdm98
AG

You all are forgetting that the markets are constantly discounting and are forward looking. They know earnings will be bad but they are all starting to see past the bad earnings.

Then what do you believe will be the catalyst to get to 3300?
Boy Named Sue
AG
$4.50 gasoline?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ibdm98 said:

No idea.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Then what causes you to believe that 3200-3300 will be seen? Just a hunch?
Bonfire1996
AG
Goldman has said 3200 and others have called 3300-3400. Goldman is simply best in class.

Two major factors:
1. Yes, markets are forward looking and they begin their climb before we leave recession. But, we haven't had the real recession yet. We are about to start a protracted one with higher than F food prices.
2. Bear markets NEVER end until the FED stops tightening. NEVER.
Bonfire1996
AG

ibdm98 said:

No idea.

Oil to $100 barrel. Gas prices can and will cause a double top on inflation, and coupled with negative GDP, you get the textbook definition of stagflation.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Look at the price action of the 1970s. Will it be different this time?
Bonfire1996
AG
I don't know. It will be similar when Iran tests a nuke, but different when China takes Taiwan. Both have to happen before Seal Team 1 JAG DeSantis takes office.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I mean this with all due respect, guys.

If I had said 3200 would trade in 2023 in October, all of you would have agreed. If I told you 4200 would trade before 3200 when we were at 3500, you would have been skeptical.

If you are skeptical now about 3300, why? Do you think 5K will trade first? Consider the possibility of several years of market consolidation vs trend continuation right now.

I'm going to laugh and laugh when this rips to 4300, gets everyone to believe and then just sells and sells and sells.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
China doesn't think like us. I doubt they invade Taiwan. They'll just wait for Taiwan to come back. Even if it takes 50 years.
Philip J Fry
AG
Not consistent with what I've heard in the inner circles. If anything delays China, it's how much Russia has struggled with the Ukraine. I think that's giving everyone pause.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Part 2. I say this often here but will say it again:

Don't be horse blinded as a "bull" or a "bear". You can be both! I can be bullish for the next minute, day, month. Bearish for the next 2 years, and then bullish on the decade.

Let go of singular one way conviction. Some of you are getting rammed in the ass by the market every day because you cannot let go of biases. You buy when it's high, you sell when it's low. Then you say it's unfair. What stopped you from buying Tesla at 105 or AMD at 65? Why now at 85?
Brewmaster
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

it amazes me that this all coincides with the most bearish time of the year. It's like this is planned (even historically)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't want to be wrong about this one. I really dislike China as a nation state.
Brewmaster
AG

China doesn't think like us. I doubt they invade Taiwan. They'll just wait for Taiwan to come back. Even if it takes 50 years.
I actually agree with you 30k. When does China invade anyone? they are masters of taking over slowly, stealing tech and whatever else they want.
Heineken-Ashi

I mean this with all due respect, guys.

If I had said 3200 would trade in 2023 in October, all of you would have agreed. If I told you 4200 would trade before 3200 when we were at 3500, you would have been skeptical.

If you are skeptical now about 3300, why? Do you think 5K will trade first? Consider the possibility of several years of market consolidation vs trend continuation right now.

I'm going to laugh and laugh when this rips to 4300, gets everyone to believe and then just sells and sells and sells.

You're right. People are so caught up in the now and immediate future. 2008 is the only major recession that can happen. Everything compares to that.

October was merely the end of the very beginning. The next drop will signal another short term end and begin the middle period which could last for years. We could be in a sustained recession for 5 years or longer. People just don't get it. This isn't something the FED can drop rates and get us out of. But that's all they know. We've never seen a market correct itself with growth and economic health spurned by the market. We expect government to step in and give us our V's.

This is the unwinding of decades of failed modern monetary policy. It's all fake. Everything. And if it doesn't end in a major unwinding, then we're kicking the can again. Which is what most likely happens. That's why I personally believe this a 10+ year bear market. Eventually we have to get back to reality.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Should I tell them that you can murder these rates by collaring the shares on high yield dividend stocks?

https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/3359937
First Page Last Page
Page 5975 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.