Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,094 Views | 231587 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

If there is a push through the highs it is probably worth getting long.

This has not happened yet.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
SF2004
AG
Nothing like good ole Vix manipulation.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Got an xsp 390 call fly filled for .1 (~389 spy)

Sweet
Bonfire1996
AG
NFLX smashes subscriber expectations
jj9000
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

That EPS tho.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Great for Netflix!
irish pete ag06
AG
Quote:

I've worked with countless traders who would spend hours doing market analysis and planning trades for the next day Then, instead of putting on the trades they planned, they did something else. The trades they did put on were usually ideas from friends or tips from brokers. I probably don't have to tell you that the trades they originally planned, but didn't act on, were usually the big winners of the day.
This is a classic example of how we become susceptible to unstructured, random tradingbecause we want to avoid responsibility. When we act on our own ideas, we put our creative abilities on the line and we get instant feedback on how well our ideas worked. It's very difficult to rationalize away any unsatisfactory results. On the other hand, when we enter an unplanned, random trade, it's much easier to shift the responsibility by blaming the friend or the broker for their bad ideas.

Not anywhere near as bad as I used to be, but man I felt seen reading that today from Trading in the Zone.
wanderer
Nice. Well done
Triple_Bagger
I had a buy/write idea with DVN that I was on the fence about but I went ahead with it today. I already had a decent amount of DVN but not enough to write calls against, so I bought more today to meet that threshold.

Own 100 shares of DVN @$63 avg
Sold 1 Jan 2024 C70 @7.40

With the 8% dividend, I'll net a 30% return if DVN is above $70 in a year.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
irish pete ag06 said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Triple_Bagger said:

How do you think oil will perform during a recession?

-In short, crude is bullish.
-Investment Banks that review commodities and equities are projecting 2023 average of $90-95 oil, yet the energy equities 2023 Price Targets are like $65 crude. The Price Targets on energy equities is off.
-Further, equities don't chase commodities. Commodities will come up to meet equities. Crude has been underperforming.
-If theres so much crude, why release SPR? (SPR releases should be over)
-DOE couldnt find anyone to provide an offer for Feb23 delivery of crude to the SPR in the $72 to $67 price range. They know crude is going up and they're going to miss the boat on refilling the SPR.
-if you check out Brent and WTI in the nearby and March contracts, using the 5 minute interval for volume, at exacting 225pmET, you will note that someone is establishing a Long position for the last 7 days. The volume of this 5 minute period dwarfs all other 5 minute periods and it's not even close. Yesterday's purchases were about half of the previous 6 days. However, when 12,000 to 19,000 contracts of each WTI and Brent are being purchased and one contract is 1000 barrels and they arent even trying to hide it, for 7 days at 225pmET something is up. I think it is the U.S. Govt buying a paper Long to offset the SPR Short they cant buy in the cash market as a hedge to higher crude prices that are coming.
-The world crude S&D with China reopening will really start to appear in a robust sense in Q2; albeit, you can already see demand ramping China. Air traffic increasing and jet fuel demand in China are moving upward fast, all other energy sectors there will hit full stride by Q2.

Would an oil ETF like USO or UCO be a way to play the crude catching up with equities?

Or GUSH if we wanted to really go crazy?

I don't know the answer to your question.

I have some acquaintances that once they think XOM has topped for a while they'll reverse positions, sell the XOM and buy DRIP. Then when XOM appears to be hitting a floor they'll buy XOM and sell the DRIP. I have never participated in that trade. They claim they are making money. I guess if you overlay a chart of DRIP on top of XOM, you might see if there is any accuracy to it. Both are active, have liquidity and show volatility....has to be a money play in there somewhere.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Good job.

I am aiming to do similar with XOM and CVX. I had the same plan a couple months ago, but Option premiums didn't meet my order expectations. This go round I think it gets executed.

Also, I will be trimming some XOM starting at $118.50. Math says it's going to $124, but I am happy if I get my fills at my starting point. If/when it gets in the $124-ish range, my real money will come from the Call Options, either Jan'24, Jun'24 or Jan'25.

I can build solid scenarios with ease that put XOM at $140 in 2 years and $200 within 5 years, but that's a long long time off in the future..
ProgN
Google parent to lay off 12,000 workers in latest blow to tech sector
bullitt
AG
Spy bounce this morning? Just a gut feeling but seems everyone is frustrated with sideways movement and I think we may have an early morning run to see if it can breakout. Thoughts?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

If 389 doesn't reclaim and hold i think we see 378.3 again in short order

These were my thoughts yesterday, and we closed basically right at 389 (which happens with comical frequency)
Here are mancinis thoughts

I like your thought about being frustrated with sideways movement though, maybe i will try to pin today's open
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The last couple of OPEX sessions have traded down to rally in the last hour and close near break even.

Let's see what we get today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Just a reminder that today is by nature lower probability.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I would watch VIX and DXY for guidance.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Ok above 3932 on e mini to go long.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
3920 is a key support. I think below 3900 will be a feat for the sellers. Assume bearish lean unless bulls clear something
Colt98
AG
Out of all BABA calls I got in yesterday
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Proce action is not normally this slow in IB
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Market waiting for data release.
FTAG 2000
AG
Damn near everything on my watch list is green.

Danger.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
They're teasing.

FTAG 2000
AG
So far SPY has tested the PMH and PML.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
That was cruel. They got people long by poking above the down trend line to push it down.
Ag CPA
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Announcement reminded me to cancel ours this morning.
wanderer
8/21 crossover this morn on the 5min. Keeping an eye out for a 21ema backtest
wanderer
Reaching the top of the DB (~351ish) again this morning. It either busts through or rejects again.
irish pete ag06
AG
Yep. I was able to actually set an alert for this on Tradingview, IT WORKED. Now watching, although with OPEX and in range, this could be a day to get in and out quick.

irish pete ag06
AG

ADBE, top of Darvas Box... can usually shot from here back down. Also gives an easy stop loss.
irish pete ag06
AG
Great minds
Brewmaster
AG
maybe we model T that big drop. That'd be roughly 393.50.
irish pete ag06
AG
In ADBE 330 for next week, 1.05.

wanderer
Just filled for 1/27 345p for 4.10. Stop @ ~$3.50. No desire to hold this overnight.
First Page Last Page
Page 5942 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.