Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,997,944 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by El_duderino
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That was a weird candle on BOIL...

EIA storage numbers came out. There was a bigger weekly draw than expected and inventory is slightly above the 5 year average. Nat Gas storage levels are in a comfortable range, when Nat Gas was in rally mode the storage levels were below normal. We have record Nat Gas production so need shutdown of production or huge demand growth, otherwise this is normal. Even with a winter storm, I wouldn't expect a huge price spike because we are already well stocked and any sudden demand spike will be offset by record production.
Also Freeport LNG startup is unknown. Could be another month or two.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What I like about what just happened is a low has been set and a clear level to long above has been set. I'm just watching but I think this is difficult action.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Golf1
AG
December 22 lows and yesterday highs make the model T 387.50 which we just got a decent bounce on.
irish pete ag06
AG
Stopped out on 2nd half.

Done for day. 1 winner, 1 loser.
wanderer
ignore all the busy lines, but seems like we need to break out of the clean downward channel to get some momentum
FTAG 2000
AG
I've got support on SPY at 385.56. Also one at 387.71 which we touched already.

Let's see if we get there.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
To upside yes. LOD still holding.

This is just me but just feels low probability. The low could break but I am not sure it would continue.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Low break but no continuation yet.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is what I was talking about. Breaks lows, flops around.
Colt98
AG
I just bought baba Feb 3 120. Let see what happens

I'm driving so I'll explain why I entered trade so some of the old timers can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I was in baba call earlier this week that I bought last week when it broke above 105. The reason I entered this morning was when everything was down it was positive. It's showing a bull flag on the daily. And I entered trade when it bounced off of model T at 115.
Txducker
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

This is what I was talking about. Breaks lows, flops around.
Very floppy and tempting me to stop out. I bought upro at avg spy 387.62. I would love to fill that gap from this morning. If we get there, I am selling deep in the money calls to collect premium and assign these shares to someone else.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
3920 has been elusive thus far
Txducker
AG
spy 388.16 is 50% fib from morning low to 11:17 high. 387.95 is the 62% fib. Watching how we approach these levels for support as we enter the mid day chop period.
Txducker
AG
Txducker said:

spy 388.16 is 50% fib from morning low to 11:17 high. 387.95 is the 62% fib. Watching how we approach these levels for support as we enter the mid day chop period.

That 387.95 would have been a great second entry. Price bounced quickly off that level. I missed it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I feel like this wants to go but I can't tell.
Txducker
AG

I feel like this wants to go but I can't tell.

Spy 389.60 is 30 min 10 ema. This would be a strong reject Level for it to fail.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Missed this.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

Missed this.

How?! You predicted it all morning
Spoony Love
AG
W pattern intraday on the 5 minute (if you're a 1st grader learning to write)
Txducker
AG
spy- 5 points of resistance at 390.50 to 390.60. There is both the 5ema for the weekly and monthly time frame. #3 the daily 100 ema. # 4 a 0.382 fib level from 12/22 low to 1/17 high. #5 the 2 hour 5 ema is also there.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This also why you don't chase
irish pete ag06
AG
Man, it's crazy how often the setup presents itself.

8/21 EMA cross on the 5 minute... if you just wait for a 21 EMA back test, and enter then, you would have banked. I'm done trading for the day, but that's a setup I really like.

Edit to credit 30K. I've watched 8/21 cross like crazy since he showed me. I need to play it more often.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Who taught you that ?
Triple_Bagger
Thanks Farmer!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Come on gap fill!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Got an xsp 390 call fly filled for .1 (~389 spy)
Colt98
AG
Sold half of my baba calls just to recoup my stupidity from yesterdays bone head play
irish pete ag06
AG
YOU DID!

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Missed this.

Remember post about being compromised?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Triple_Bagger said:

Thanks Farmer!
You're welcome.

Most U.S. refineries taking down time between now and May.

In the past, crude would do poorly in recession as U.S. Big Oil was incentivized by Govt to produce crude quickly and flood the market crashing oil/energy prices. That play is not in the playbook this time. And, no industry capex spending/investment over last 3 years to keep up with a 3% nominal annual growth, never happened. Oil industry will not be able to play catch up in 12 months. Last, this Administration is anti-fossil fuels and there is no incentive for U.S. Big Oil to invest in projects. OPEC+ has only achieve their noted maximum production capacity 3 times and never held it longer than 60 days in each case - that was years ago.
Brewmaster
AG
so new all time highs from here right?

lol, sarcasm!
Txducker
AG

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Missed this.

Remember post about being compromised?
Thanks for the feedback and insight today. I appreciate you sharing to help us all get better. I love your signature "trading for freedom". That is my goal. You certainly have earned the freedom to take breaks. I think watching you take the break today was an important reminder for me to do the same on days when my mental state is not charged and ready to go.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If there is a push through the highs it is probably worth getting long.
Txducker
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Thanks Farmer!
You're welcome.

Most U.S. refineries taking down time between now and May.

In the past, crude would do poorly in recession as U.S. Big Oil was incentivized by Govt to produce crude quickly and flood the market crashing oil/energy prices. That play is not in the playbook this time. And, no industry capex spending/investment over last 3 years to keep up with a 3% nominal annual growth, never happened. Oil industry will not be able to play catch up in 12 months. Last, this Administration is anti-fossil fuels and there is no incentive for U.S. Big Oil to invest in projects. OPEC+ has only achieve their noted maximum production capacity 3 times and never held it longer than 60 days in each case - that was years ago.
I learn so much about oil from your posts. Even on my job days, I come back here at night and religiously read this post for information. Never quit learning. Thank you Farmer!
irish pete ag06
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Triple_Bagger said:

How do you think oil will perform during a recession?

-In short, crude is bullish.
-Investment Banks that review commodities and equities are projecting 2023 average of $90-95 oil, yet the energy equities 2023 Price Targets are like $65 crude. The Price Targets on energy equities is off.
-Further, equities don't chase commodities. Commodities will come up to meet equities. Crude has been underperforming.
-If theres so much crude, why release SPR? (SPR releases should be over)
-DOE couldnt find anyone to provide an offer for Feb23 delivery of crude to the SPR in the $72 to $67 price range. They know crude is going up and they're going to miss the boat on refilling the SPR.
-if you check out Brent and WTI in the nearby and March contracts, using the 5 minute interval for volume, at exacting 225pmET, you will note that someone is establishing a Long position for the last 7 days. The volume of this 5 minute period dwarfs all other 5 minute periods and it's not even close. Yesterday's purchases were about half of the previous 6 days. However, when 12,000 to 19,000 contracts of each WTI and Brent are being purchased and one contract is 1000 barrels and they arent even trying to hide it, for 7 days at 225pmET something is up. I think it is the U.S. Govt buying a paper Long to offset the SPR Short they cant buy in the cash market as a hedge to higher crude prices that are coming.
-The world crude S&D with China reopening will really start to appear in a robust sense in Q2; albeit, you can already see demand ramping China. Air traffic increasing and jet fuel demand in China are moving upward fast, all other energy sectors there will hit full stride by Q2.

Would an oil ETF like USO or UCO be a way to play the crude catching up with equities?

Or GUSH if we wanted to really go crazy?
First Page Last Page
Page 5941 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.