Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,072,244 Views | 231774 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can someone explain to me why all of the Oil stocks are being shorted even though it's most likely oil will continue to gain in price over the next few years?
ProgN
perma Brew doomster said:

I don't know. MOC was 11 B to the buy side. that volume was unreal this afternoon. I'm not saying recession canceled, 5000 S&P inbound. I just think short term this could be a nice wave up, maybe even peak out of yearly downtrend line and really throw the bears off.

It seems too that this board is too bearish. Maybe that is another reason why markets are ripping!

I'd hate to be long January and February though!

oh and from the man himself:

Like I said, I wouldn't advise anyone to gamble with short term puts trying to pick the top but the underlying concerns remain. Imo, this isn't a reversal and the economic headwinds remain. December should have more up than down days and J Pow did exactly what I thought he'd do. The huge MOC was probably algo programmed trades. I agree with 30K that it'll give some back. I think we get follow through at the open but wouldn't be surprised if we go red. This is definitely a traders market this month with bias towards the upside. If you can't watch your short term plays then don't play.
ProgN
Premium said:

Can someone explain to me why all of the Oil stocks are being shorted even though it's most likely oil will continue to gain in price over the next few years?
Because Farmer is in our investing clubhouse and not theirs.

Kidding aside, it could be just protecting a big long position against a price drop. You probably have some that believe oil will be eliminated as they unknowingly short it while surrounded by comforts that they wouldn't have if it wasn't for oil.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think tomorrow either goes up, or down. Or maybe sideways.
Golf1
AG
From listening to the first 20 minutes of the speech yesterday I would've put my life that day would end red. Instead SPY went up 15 dollars from its low and is still on the rise pre market. TA says it's overbought but I'm learning just how much the big money people can move the market regardless of what you would think should happen.
Ragoo
AG
Getting a lot of "Black Friday sale extended" marketing emails.
ProgN
Golf1 said:

From listening to the first 20 minutes of the speech yesterday I would've put my life that day would end red. Instead SPY went up 15 dollars from its low and is still on the rise pre market. TA says it's overbought but I'm learning just how much the big money people can move the market regardless of what you would think should happen.
I expected this and will look to fade the open.
Golf1
AG
It's really not surprising thinking about it all now. Pretty clear and easy chance to trap the shorts and that's exactly what happened.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Did you catch the squeeze prog?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Golf1 said:

It's really not surprising thinking about it all now. Pretty clear and easy chance to trap the shorts and that's exactly what happened.

Also, dont forget (I dont remember seeing it in this thread) last week we were at an all time high for the Put Call Ratio. Some think that means bearish sentiment while others believe it is a contrarian indicator. I'm in the latter camp.

I use my own low tech monte carlo on my portfolio and it tells me a lot of securities need to play catch up.

But, remember this, my quote from early November that WTI I guarandamnteed you that it would not go below $80 for the next 18 months....that didnt age well.

In this near term (15 days) I am bullish overall. FWIW
SF2004
AG
Not surprising to me either after the stupid pump on a .2% reduction in CPI last month.

There is nothing good about the macro market or economy right now and this pumps. Pretty much all T/A indicators show that you should be short but I now trust none of them so my trading portfolio is exposed very little.

Just playing for a pop in volatility in the next couple of months. Tough to beat buy and hold just doing that.
Spoony Love
AG
Pre-market looks bonkers
ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Did you catch the squeeze prog?
yes

ETA: I didn't expect that big of a squeeze though
Brewmaster
AG

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
perma Brew doomster said:

Gonna watch the market for a few on a dip but I may roll on a $410 SPY Lotto for Tomorrow - see if we magnet up to 4100.

And when I say lotto - I am literally talking about 2 option contracts for a couple hundred. Nothing super rich.
Spoony Love
AG
I have a SPY line at 407.75-ish. Looking to see if it bounces there
techno-ag
AG
SF2004 said:

Not surprising to me either after the stupid pump on a .2% reduction in CPI last month.

There is nothing good about the macro market or economy right now and this pumps. Pretty much all T/A indicators show that you should be short but I now trust none of them so my trading portfolio is exposed very little.

Just playing for a pop in volatility in the next couple of months. Tough to beat buy and hold just doing that.
Right there with you.
Spoony Love
AG
Aiming for the pre-market high in the first 30. If it blows through, we are moving up to 414 IMO.

Increased volume this morning so pay attention.
FJ43
Fade me.

Buying 405p for next Friday. 12/9
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
There goes "Net Clicks"
irish pete ag06
AG
OXY... being shorted like XOM...

Tick tick tick

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Institutions trying hard to get into O&G. It wasn't fashionable if aligned with this Administration. Shorting it to drive out weak-handed players now. They missed the boat due to Green Energy politics.
irish pete ag06
AG
FJ43 said:

Fade me.

I did not fade you. Already up too much to hold these. Haha
Spoony Love
AG
Interesting that Cocaine Bear the movie has been all over my twitter this morning
AgEng06
AG
FJ43 said:

Fade me.

Damn, what timing.
FJ43
AgEng06 said:

FJ43 said:

Fade me.

Damn, what timing.

Trimmed.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
This is why. Just charts guys…

Green line is what my target is but trailing now with wide gap since next Friday expiry.

irish pete ag06
AG
The trendline has spoken
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

Interesting that Cocaine Bear the movie has been all over my twitter this morning
SF2004
AG
FJ43 said:

This is why. Just charts guys…

Green line is what my target is but trailing now with wide gap since next Friday expiry.

So you are short with a target of 401 with a trail stop?

I am trying to understand what you are staying.
FJ43
Yes but I won't let the trails go nothing but largely green.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Thought we were talking about this one...

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
ProgN
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Thought we were talking about this one...

Teddy bears today are way cooler than the ones I grew up with.
Spoony Love
AG
Where was THAT cocaine bear when I was growing up?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
What a spectacular morning for scalping. I have longer term upper trendline at 408.46 at the moment, minor intraday s/r at 404.78 and 405.87 based on eatlier bounces, and model t at 402.4. Between those and the 21minute sma i feel like I'm just walking along picking up 20s
First Page Last Page
Page 5860 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.