Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,986,948 Views | 231572 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by El_duderino
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sts7049 said:

this doesn't look like a trend worth buying into

You'll be singing a different tune in a couple years time.
techno-ag
AG
sts7049 said:

I agree not pretty. But historic lows are worth watching.
FTAco07
AG
Yes, but if they are buying bonds then they are pushing the yield down even more. They would have to be large sellers of long term notes to try and increase long term rates/flatten the curve.

I don't know what their balance sheet term structure looks like so no idea how many long term bonds they own or what volume of selling it would take to materially move the needle. As we've seen in Japan with their FX intervention, it's not even a sure thing the government is big enough to control a global market.
BaylorSpineGuy
FTAco07 said:

Yes, but if they are buying bonds then they are pushing the yield down even more. They would have to be large sellers of long term notes to try and increase long term rates/flatten the curve.

I don't know what their balance sheet term structure looks like so no idea how many long term bonds they own or what volume of selling it would take to materially move the needle. As we've seen in Japan with their FX intervention, it's not even a sure thing the government is big enough to control a global market.

Would take some effort to explore it week by week but can get a sense of what they're doing to their balance sheets here. They are unloading the balance sheet much more steadily than what they did in the summer.

https://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/soma-holdings
sts7049
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

sts7049 said:

You'll be singing a different tune in a couple years time.
i don't think i said anything about it not going up again at some point. but catching a knife doesn't make sense to me.

also this doesn't look to have reached historic low territory just yet.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$GOOGL is -3 ATR. I bought some for a mean reversion.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
BaylorSpineGuy
Not investment advice but consider a long position in KMB. My daughter is going through 1-2 boxes/day of Kleenex.

Devil virus has got us all. And COVID testing all negative.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I miss Austin

Doesn't the real move start 18-24 hours after the news?
bmoochie
AG
He stopped posting because someone took one of his quotes and ran off elsewhere with it. Not sure where but it was enough to get him to not post anymore
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Man that sucks, i figured him posting those here on an open forum was a gift that was on borrowed time
jimmo
Those GOLD Leaps OA traded a while back closed in low 70's
Brewmaster
AG
bmoochie said:

He stopped posting because someone took one of his quotes and ran off elsewhere with it. Not sure where but it was enough to get him to not post anymore
damn, who did that!? I miss AustinAg as well.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
That's too bad. I figured he cashed out, bought a beach, and gave the middle finger salute to the rest of the world.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I also sold LABU I had picked up in the 7s at 8.10 today (limit order hit). I picked up some more at 7.15 AH.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Cisco systems has relative strength.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Dadgum. I wondered what happen to him. I miss his posts.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Yes. That is what I recall.
jimmo
bmoochie said:

sorry to hear. His posts were helpful.
I miss the McInnis' too.
irish pete ag06
AG
What the heck
Bird Poo
AG
Who?
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I also sold LABU I had picked up in the 7s at 8.10 today (limit order hit). I picked up some more at 7.15 AH.
The other "L" stock - I wish I'd sold LUMN, got murdered after hours on earnings. They eliminated the "too good to be true" divy and started a 1.5m share buyback.
Yay!
irish pete ag06
AG
Crap... I didn't see this.
FJ43
vette said:

Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Hold on to your butts my friends....

The forecasted 10YR UST yield is expected to hit 5% in March of 2023 and hit 5.70% by May of 2023.

Needless to say, that means 8-9% interest rates. Things are slowwwwwwwwwwing down pretty quick in the RE markets and not just residential.

http://www.worldgovernmentbonds.com/bond-forecast/united-states/10-years/#:~:text=The%20United%20States%2010%20Years,%3A15%20GMT%2B0).
This would be catastrophic to the real estate sector... like 40-50% drops in asset values off their highs.
Im ready. Bring it on. Like Ive said many times I trade the markets and invest in real estate and privately held companies.

Rinse and repeat. Let's go!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Dadgum. I wondered what happen to him. I miss his posts.
Im beginning to think Heineken = Austin…..
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Dan Scott
AG
Excellent article about graphite demand that mentions WWR. We need that government money. WWR seems like the perfect candidate for government money.

https://www.eenews.net/articles/lack-of-graphite-could-gum-up-american-ev-market/
Dan Scott
AG
Some other company that doesn't plan to begin construction until 2025 received $117M from Biden. WTF.

https://www.al.com/business/2022/10/alabama-among-12-states-sharing-28-billion-for-electric-vehicle-batteries.html?outputType=amp
FJ43
Dan Scott said:

Excellent article about graphite demand that mentions WWR. We need that government money. WWR seems like the perfect candidate for government money.

https://www.eenews.net/articles/lack-of-graphite-could-gum-up-american-ev-market/
When we get closer I will do a drive by every few weeks for the board and take pics. I drive within about 20 minutes of their location 2X a week.

BlueTaze
I don't think the Bama grandma governor has done WWR any favors. We need GOP to take reins of Congress and shell out that gov cheese.
irish pete ag06
irish pete ag06
AG
Shhhh
irish pete ag06
AG
Wish I had more powder available for real estate in the next few years. New job may help with that.
FJ43
FJ43
irish pete ag06 said:

Wish I had more powder available for real estate in the next few years. New job may help with that.
I'll never forget one of the statements my mentor made to me regarding real estate wealth.

"Son…you dont make money the day you sell it, you make it the day you buy it."

irish pete ag06
AG
That's good stuff!
JbKing45
BlueTaze said:

I don't think the Bama grandma governor has done WWR any favors. We need GOP to take reins of Congress and shell out that gov cheese.

There is also a lot of areas where they simply do not meet the guidelines for funding. It's not surprising the way WWR reacts and responds to the funding questions.
First Page Last Page
Page 5806 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.