Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,992,407 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by EliteZags
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No trades for me here, by the way.
AgCPA95
AG
The amount of chatter from the random people in our offices of "what are you doing with your 401k" leads me to believe capitulation must be near.

I don't have visibility to this, but would love to see the moves of people switching to Guaranteed Income fund or similar out of their age-based funds AFTER this drop.
BaylorSpineGuy
Some lady came to our office yesterday and was lamenting how much things fell. She was a media person doing some video for our office. Imagine we are close.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't think we are close. I think those people are the easy marks that don't trust the stock market.

You need the people that are blind believers to buying and holding give up at the 11th hour by going into "salvage" mode.
Heineken-Ashi
Every month since June we've been told that we've likely seen peak inflation. That the FED will have to change course. Then the Brits do the stupidest thing possible and turn completely doveish in a time where they literally can't afford to be wrong. And what does the media and "smart money" start saying? "This is a sign that major central banks are starting to see lower real inflation and reverse course". Why are they saying this and why are they happy? Is it like.. because they want to see stocks go up? No. They are trying to convince you.. the general sucker.. to pour your money back in so they can turn around and short it again. There's no money to be made in oversold choppiness. But if they can get you to believe things are going to be better, they can steal some more of your money.

Things aren't getting better. We've had falling oil and general inflation indicators STILL haven't gotten better. What makes you think things will be better when oil and commodities start to rise again?

Capitulation doesn't happen at a double bottom (lower low to be specific), in a time where the general trader realized they had been lied to about bettering conditions. No. Last week was not the end. And we are not near capitulation.

The trend is down and any upside is considered a relief bounce until a real, upward, daily or weekly trend emerges.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
59 South
AG
For a good capitulation example, the week before Christmas 2018 is a pretty good one. In a lot of ways, this whole year looks similar to Q4 2018 - just stretched out over a whole year instead of a quarter.

In that parallel universe, think SPX 3000-3200 by late next week or early the next. Or we could be like late November 2018 and rally back to 4000-4250 to suck in buyers again before the final plunge. We should know pretty soon (3700 looks like the pivot set up). Volume has certainly picked up throughout September as well. Who knows - tough market - need to get the weenies out and back to their miserable day jobs.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm in, beer man!
Friday puts if we go green this morning?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I don't think we are close. I think those people are the easy marks that don't trust the stock market.

You need the people that are blind believers to buying and holding give up at the 11th hour by going into "salvage" mode.

Yeah can we get those blind believers to give up so I can be ready at 3500, 3300,3100, and 3000. Weather is turning cooler finally and I've got things to do……….
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I'm in, beer man!

No bro, that's not what he's saying. You would buy puts on a rejection of supply / resistance or a loss of demand / support. For example, 3730 on e-mini.

This zone right here, 3660 - 3720 has been the magnet zone for most of the last 4 trading sessions. If you wanted to trade this range, you would sell premium on either end of the box.

I personally think sellers are short term tired and a relief bounce to the 3800s is needed to reload and reset the clock. I think 3400 is the minimum of downside, with a retest of pre Covid highs a likely spot to be willing to go long and then hold through pain.

I see people say Covid lows or 1800. I just don't think so. 2750 is my thinking on max downside. I think going nuclear long at 3100 would be OK. That's 35% from the peak and the upside would be the favored setup there on a longer horizon.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Personal consumption gets reported tomorrow and it sort of looks like that will be used as a trigger to drive a directional move.

It's okay not to trade.
Heineken-Ashi

I'm in, beer man!

Don't guess. Follow the trend.

https://i.imgur.com/NQ2nYbt.jpg

Yesterday gave us a red indecision candle. We need to see a green reversal candle before any bets to the upside. We then need to break the first yellow line to feel confident in an extended bounce. Break the second line and we are in a full blown bear market bounce. Break the third line and we are bullish.

But as of now, if you were already invested to the downside, the indecision candle yesterday either puts you on exit alert or you already got out. If today is red with no upper wick, you either stay in or reinvest downward. If it's green, wait for 3 solid uptrend candles with no down wicks and invest bullish ready to get out at first indecision.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
BlueTaze
I remember reading that tech sector has historically started recovery before S&P in prior crashes, so might be something to watch. Cathie Woods/ARK capitulation headlines may be an indicator.
BaylorSpineGuy

Is this the signal?

This guy is such a b @stard. Fleeces retail on the daily. What chart is he looking at?!? Buy and sell tomorrow?
topher06
They're just churning the market at this point, but think that leads to a bigger dump. Hope I'm wrong.
BaylorSpineGuy
Looks like gonna be a high volume day today. Already 8M shares of SPY traded in under 15 min.
topher06
Quickly gave up all gains from yesterday.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Like I was saying earlier. Doing nothing!!!
Chef Elko
AG
Not opening my account today
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Sneaky sneaky market makers. Sucked people in long on a reversal candle.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG

On a serious note this probably goes back in the box range.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Lmao. I've been waiting for this. 135 soon.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Thanks for the guidance heinie and 30k, right now I'm mostly proud of myself for not opening any new longs yesterday
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
3610 today?
jj9000
AG
Just go circuit breaker down and let's start to get this over with.

I feel like "Big Perm"...playing with my money is playing with my emotions.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Oof. Harry Wang.

Golf1
AG
Everything is in a steady decline today except NFLX which is what I have puts on which is being choppy as ****

I love stocks.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I wasn't around to trade at the open, but I'm not sure I see anything I would have had high enough confidence to get into until after most of that flush had already happened.

I'm looking at the SPX lows and today's open as a no trade range for me today. Get outside of those and I may enter some trades.

That APPL short side is looking better if SPX goes below the lows.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Homeboy has the diamondest hands ever
irish pete ag06
AG
Cut that TQQQ loose this morning when I saw the trend for a 4% loss.

Right at close yesterday I debated about cutting all of it, part of it, or going net free? I talked myself into holding all of it because I figured we'd see a little more rally up to 3800 or so before we saw the market get smoked again.

It is what it is. Will look to re-buy at a bigger discount.
ProgN

I'm in, beer man!
FWIW, my stores received notice that a price increase of beer goes into effect October 1st.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Buying more TQQQ.
topher06
ProgN said:

I'm in, beer man!
FWIW, my stores received notice that a price increase of beer goes into effect October 1st.
Inflation is a *****, and every company is preserving their profit margins despite the underlying costs going up (leading to everyone having record profits, as an absolute number instead of as a percentage). This is in the fact of substantially relieved fuel/diesel prices, which everyone was blaming for kicking off the rampant inflation for like 6 months.
ProgN
Hops, aluminum etc have all been increasing for them too.
59 South
AG
I had a 3700 put expiring today that I got stopped out of yesterday just before the close - took a few hundred $ loss on it. I can only laugh...would have made about $6-7k if I wasn't stopped.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
topher06
Can't speak to hops, but aluminum is way down over the past 6 months. I get it lags though, but doesn't seem any of the cost reductions are getting passed through in any industry.
First Page Last Page
Page 5724 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.