Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,991,444 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Swollen Thumb
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I probably have to take tomorrow off to calm down.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Awesome
irish pete ag06
AG
Former football coach here, just my 2 cents.

I think Durkin is doing this because we don't have a fast twitch rush DE. We have 5* on DL that are predominately tackle and strongside DE types. He's using those three and instead of putting an ineffective rusher on the field, utilizing bringing an extra hat from all over to get a 4 man rush.

If you're putting a best 11 on the field, he thinks our extra DB is more talented than the extra DE.

Durkin kind of takes the backwards approach and is daring these new age (kendal briles) and pass happy (mike leach) OCs to run the ball. And then he's banking on those 3 5* dlineman we have aren't going to lose the line of scrimmage too often and we'll rally to tackle.

I coached in a run first offense, and odd fronts usually create more confusion up front than even fronts. So I'm odd front biased.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I can hardly wait for fj to log in and see what he missed
ProgN
ProgN
irish pete ag06 said:

Former football coach here, just my 2 cents.

I think Durkin is doing this because we don't have a fast twitch rush DE. We have 5* on DL that are predominately tackle and strongside DE types. He's using those three and instead of putting an ineffective rusher on the field, utilizing bringing an extra hat from all over to get a 4 man rush.

If you're putting a best 11 on the field, he thinks our extra DB is more talented than the extra DE.

Durkin kind of takes the backwards approach and is daring these new age (kendal briles) and pass happy (mike leach) OCs to run the ball. And then he's banking on those 3 5* dlineman we have aren't going to lose the line of scrimmage too often and we'll rally to tackle.

I coached in a run first offense, and odd fronts usually create more confusion up front than even fronts. So I'm odd front biased.
Ok, that makes it a little better, thanks coach.
ProgN

I loved you in Necessary Roughness.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Damnit, fellas. I feel like I was pleased that I scooped up a decent redhead that let me kiss her goodnight, only to find out the next day that y'all partied all night at the PB mansion.

So. Much. FOMO.
Tex117
AG
ProgN said:

LOL, we will ripping their effing heads off, and sheet down their necks.

Let us pray.
irish pete ag06
irish pete ag06
AG
Look there's a time and a place for everything… when they no huddle you and go for it on 4th and 1 and catch you in it, it's not ideal.

If we were playing a more traditional run based team, I think we'd see more DL.
Philip J Fry
AG
point being, and i've said this for years, that the hardest route to defend is a come-back when the CB's back is turned.

Almost every CB will have his back turned at some point when you are running a vertical route in man coverage.

When the receiver stops and comes back, he will almost ALWAYS have a huge advantage on the defender.

It's time we start using this a bit more.
topher06
This thread is for stonks, politics and rounded bottoms, please keep Football where is belongs
ProgN
Tex117 said:

ProgN said:

LOL, we will ripping their effing heads off, and sheet down their necks.

Let us pray.
LMAO, I forgot all about the "let us pray" after his rant. That was great.
Dan Scott
AG
Another 6M shares for Buffet. He's buying at higher prices too

https://occidentalpetroleum.gcs-web.com/static-files/2f9eed60-59a5-41d6-8494-7f81ad2d31fa

M4 Benelli
topher06 said:

This thread is for stonks, politics and rounded bottoms, please keep Football where is belongs

Wouldve been apropos for a few rounded bottoms today. Alas, there was no a..
ProgN
M4 Benelli said:

topher06 said:

Wouldve been apropos for a few rounded bottoms today. Alas, there was no a..
I was swamped today. I shall not fail y'all again.
ProgN

I can't unsee this.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Gents, do any of you know a high end construction inspector? I've got a friend building a very expensive house and he's getting hosed by his carpenter. Any suggestions on someone who can review and provide recommendations for a fee?

Dallas area.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
This isn't what you asked, but I know two builders in DFW. In fact one of them was the guy I thought you might have been based on your previous job and area of town you live in. If that helps let me know and I could send you some contact info.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm just your friendly neighborhood spider man.

Do they do this kind of thing? If so, yes would appreciate the connection.
spud1910
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Gents, do any of you know a high end construction inspector? I've got a friend building a very expensive house and he's getting hosed by his carpenter. Any suggestions on someone who can review and provide recommendations for a fee?

Dallas area.
Let me do some checking. My wife and I used a guy that builds some very nice homes in Dallas. He might fit the bill.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'll ask them. I'd think a high end builder would love a chance to take a client from another high end builder that wasn't getting it done.
irish pete ag06
AG
Dan Scott said:

Another 6M shares for Buffet. He's buying at higher prices too

https://occidentalpetroleum.gcs-web.com/static-files/2f9eed60-59a5-41d6-8494-7f81ad2d31fa

I had bought Jan 2023 70C with borderline reckless abandon over the last several sessions.

I will look to roll some of these if we get a Buffet pop like last time.
FJ43

Well well well…..looks like you degenerates had a decent trading day. The ole' multi red candle historical paid off. Congrats to y'all and love seeing the page count be more than 2 for me to read at night.

Next 2 days will be interesting IMO. Watch the EMAs and SRs above here. Just my 2 cents but trade it until its a confirming trend. The mean seems like a potential place to go but dont lose sight of the overall macro trend staring at 1 & 5 minute charts.

Only took some profits on the POSH calls I posted a few days back and held all VIX NOV puts. Would love to see VIX melt down into mid 20s again so I can go the other way.

Careful out there gents….its still a traders market.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brewmaster
AG
rally until Friday afternoon. because who wants to hold over the weekend in this market? that'd still give us almost a 3 day relief rally.
just a hypothesis for anyone reading, don't bet on it!

sage advice as always FJ!
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

sage advice as always FJ!

FJ is our Golden Child.
irish pete ag06
AG
Drippy outed as a paper trader

Philip J Fry
AG
SAVA competition?

https://investors.biogen.com/news-releases/news-release-details/lecanemab-confirmatory-phase-3-clarity-ad-study-met-primary
FJ43

Mornun!

US a bit red
EU red
Asia mixed
VIX back up to 32

Red to Green Day incoming? Not sure we stay range bound here for much longer overall. Still expect a capitulation at some point but may be after a bit of an upward move.

IMO has to close above yesterdays high to have a shot into high 370s to 380 range on SPY. A close below 362.17ish and I think we see 352.66ish. Just ballparks.

We are bear flagging yet until we aren't. Cash is a position.

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BaylorSpineGuy
Can someone help explain what capitulation looks like? Will it be like that day in January when it went from 440 down to 420 and pop back up to close positive in same day?

Or will things just continue to drop once capitulation is reached?

Everyone says go long after capitulation but will that also be the case here?
jj9000
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

This...as a result of panic selling.

Just my opinion here, but, we're still not close. Look at a 5 yr chart and you'll notice that the S&P is still well above pre-Covid levels. Average folks still haven't 'lost' anything relative to pre-Covid levels. The 2021-present funny-money drop doesn't have people scared just yet. The housing crisis...financial crisis...and dot com burst all had one thing in common. People were scared sh*tless.

Just my early morning 2 cents.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Can someone help explain what capitulation looks like? Will it be like that day in January when it went from 440 down to 420 and pop back up to close positive in same day?

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/capitulation.asp

Quote:

Capitulation typically follows significant downturns in price, which can take place even as many investors remain bullish. As the downturn accelerates, it reaches a point where the selling by the investors unwilling to suffer further losses snowballs, leading to a dramatic plunge in price.
Quote:

Traders look for unusually high trading volume accompanying sharp declines in price to signal capitulation. They try to anticipate the surest sign of a capitulation: the rebound in price that follows once the panic selling has run its course.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Word of caution: Apple is something like 13% of the Nasdaq waiting. Looks like the big boy is going to unleash a nasty turd in their bed.

I am not sure the market can rally without them.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Capitulation is a day where you will look at the price action and say "WTF the world is ending". There will be climatic action that is shocking. Think limit down and -7% two days in a row.
First Page Last Page
Page 5723 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.