Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,000,884 Views | 231606 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by giddings_ag_06
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
you need to order one of these

topher06
sts7049 said:

I guess. Certainly understand that no one knows what the FOMC will do (other than probably Pelosi), but people have occasionally posted that "the market is now pricing in a ___% of a 100bp hike".
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I'll keep this apolitical -

The radical liberals...

Lol!

He couldn't help himself.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I made my losses back with SPX and TSLA calls. As I hit the sell button I let out a "What's up now *****es" loud enough for my dog to go where he hides while I watch Aggie football games on TV.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rally ass time
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Triple_Bagger said:

SAVA

SEC Case Closing Recommendation Made, Per SEC Guidelines Case Closing Recommendation Is Made When 'No Enforcement Action Will Be Recommended' And 'So Resources Can Be Redirected To Investigations That Will Be More Productive.' See SEC Enforcement Manual

BENZINGA 10:07 AM ET 9/20/2022

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen it. So with that in mind it seems likely IMO this elevated green volume is just shorts closing. This takes away the chance for a big short payout until PH3 results are released, so why hold on to short position in the meantime.
sts7049
AG
topher06 said:

sts7049 said:

I guess. Certainly understand that no one knows what the FOMC will do (other than probably Pelosi), but people have occasionally posted that "the market is now pricing in a ___% of a 100bp hike".
people who say that are just speculating. there isn't any way to know the answer to this.
Triple_Bagger
The CUNY investigation into Dr Wang is still ongoing I believe. His research is what Simufilam is based on, so there might still be some shorts holding out hope for this to go to $0.

GreasenUSA
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rally ass time
You have to post the picture, or else you risk calling the high of day.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Re entered LABU for a swing. Entry 8.01. Want $9+
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Gonna be angry if we don't get to 4000 today
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why that level?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rally ass time
You have to post the picture, or else you risk calling the high of day.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm going to give a trade idea where it's pretty much impossible to lose money. Keep it on the board please. I'm not taking this because I can do better but for the ultra conservative types this is good.

Buy LABU at $8. Sell Jan 24 3C for $6. 12% guaranteed return with exceptionally low risk. You could also sell the 4P but I like the other side better.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why that level?

Joke my man.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Conditions are here to rally.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
3920 is the highest I think is possible today.
Philip J Fry
AG
Agreed. Bought in UPRO heavy at 35.5. LFG.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
topher06 said:

How or where can you tell what the market is pricing in as far as 75bps v. 100bps?

The best way is to find the fintwit who uses the most uppercase, exclamation points, and emoji. That dude knows what's up. Even better if it's a female who alternates options trades with pics of her butt in tights. That's how you can tell she's good at ta
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

3920 is the highest I think is possible today.
that would be a pretty significant rally
BaylorSpineGuy
GOLD down big today? News leaked of rate hike?
irish pete ag06
AG
I lost going both ways today. Stopped out on the wicks right before the reversals.

Mistakes boiled down to I should have been more patient for entry.
Buck Compton
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I'm going to give a trade idea where it's pretty much impossible to lose money. Keep it on the board please. I'm not taking this because I can do better but for the ultra conservative types this is good.

Buy LABU at $8. Sell Jan 24 3C for $6. 12% guaranteed return with exceptionally low risk. You could also sell the 4P but I like the other side better.
Am I analyzing this correct? Assuming 1 contract.

Buy at 100 LABU @ $8 = ($800)
Sell Jan 24 3C @$6 = $600
If called, Sell 100 LABU @$3 = $300 for a 12% return (~9.25% annualized)

If not called because it fell to the floor, breakeven price on the trade in Jan 2024 is $2.00 (excluding commissions). Below $2 is the only way you lose money on this trade on paper (but you still own the ETF)

Triple_Bagger
BaylorSpineGuy said:

GOLD down big today? News leaked of rate hike?
Yes, it's 75bps
Buck Compton
AG
sts7049 said:

topher06 said:

sts7049 said:

people who say that are just speculating. there isn't any way to know the answer to this.
Don't you just look at the WIRP function on bloomberg for a pretty good indication of the fed funds futures market sentiment? It isn't going to differ vastly from the equities market and what they have baked in.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well there goes that.
wanderer
You got it.

As 30k mentioned there can be slight variations of this if you'd want. (different exp date, different strike price)
Golf1
AG
I'm so glad I sold all of my puts when SPY was floating around 384
Furlock Bones
AG
Too much expectation of a 75 pt hike. Fed is going to bring the hammer with a 100 pt hike. I can feel it.
wanderer
wanderer said:

SPY obeying a perfect downward channel on the 1m

Remember that channel from this morn? Seems like it was support for a bounce a few min ago. Crazy how that works.
Triple_Bagger
Furlock Bones said:

Too much expectation of a 75 pt hike. Fed is going to bring the hammer with a 100 pt hike. I can feel it.
Wanna bet?
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Sold all SPY calls expiring Wed into close and took the profit.

Only buy was Oct monthly VIX 28c into close.

Just to post how I work this VIX since there has been discussion on it.

I took off 25% of calls for 25% gain here. Oct monthly expiry so time on my side. I may take more off in this area and bank profits and either set a trail or let ride.

My job is to protect my capital, mitigate losses and take profits. That's how I approach "trading" SPY and VIX which at any given time I almost always have one or the other on long or short.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BlueTaze
Furlock Bones said:

Even if you told me what the hike was, I still wouldn't know how the market would react. People today will say a 75pt hike will be bullish, but if market tanks, they will say it's bc fed was aggressive. If it's 100pt and market rallies, they will say the market is confident inflation is now under control.
BaylorSpineGuy
Both of those narratives sound like ****. Nothing is priced in. Fed is gonna crush rampant speculation. Only way to do that is rate hikes. People can't be convinced otherwise. This is following a very typical/classic script.

That said, I'm not trading the Fed move tomorrow. Could rally, could tank and I'm not confident in the way anything moves. If it rallies, I'll look for a reversal in the mid to upper 390s. If it breaks below 378-380, I'll go short.

I'm puzzled as to what will happen and I'm not gonna burn capital guessing. Easier ways to make money.
Bonfire97
AG
Quote:

I bet they stick with 75. But, they do need to stop the optimism somehow if they expect inflation to calm. I wouldn't be surprised if they do 75 and then come out with some sort of mid-cycle surprise rate hike between now and the end of the year. That will get more attention than 100 now.
First Page Last Page
Page 5702 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.