Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,001,210 Views | 231607 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by CC09LawAg
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Mornun!

Red around the horn.
US red
EU red
Asia red
VIX up

Will be watching for a red to green dead cat bounce today and some volatility this week.

With Fed meetings this week anything goes.

Trade wisely my friends!

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
At Mancini support level of 3850-3860.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We have spent a lot of time in this zone. Chop city.
sts7049
AG
i'm taking a small long here on MES. a bit of a gamble, but seems like the level is holding up.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
sts7049 said:

i'm taking a small long here on MES. a bit of a gamble, but seems like the level is holding up.

Personally would have waited for 3870, but might work. Good luck.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire said:

We have spent a lot of time in this zone. Chop city.

Agreed. I expect a lot of chop today and tomorrow. It might be big, intraday tradable chop, though.

If Fed does stock with the 75 bps rose, what are the chances for another little squeeze with downside hedges being closed and so many folks positioned heavily to the short side?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Look at positive RSI divergence. Pretty high IMO.
BaylorSpineGuy
This kinda felt like for me one of this don't trade moments. I closed everything on Friday at the open. I tried a counter trend long but cut it after an hour. Feels like we may be stuck in the mud.

I'm ok to miss the next move cause I've lost a good chunk of change this year trying to guess. And I'm no insider so feel like it's more gambling. We are definitely going lower but I've been trapped short a couple times this year and it's hurt my account.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Scalped some SPX calls for a bit over 13% gain. I probably could have held on for more to get back to the middle of the channel, but that was good for me. I'm done trading until later this afternoon.
sts7049
AG
sts7049 said:

out for a 10% scalp
Brewmaster
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Scalped some SPX calls for a bit over 13% gain. I probably could have held on for more to get back to the middle of the channel, but that was good for me. I'm done trading until later this afternoon.
did the same but with SPY

and I like this...

jimmo
irish pete ag06 said:

jimmo said:

irish pete ag06 said:

FJ43 said:

Last sentence. Never forget the overall trend. Anything else is tactical.

Since I've adopted using the system as a part of my trade plan (10 and 50 SMA on the 30 minute chart)... I've had the most success I've ever had. I leave the SPX 30 minute chart up all times throughout the day... even when I'm just scalping.

I use a 5 minute and even a 1 minute on entry and exit, but my overall decision is based on the 30 minute chart and the 10 and 50 SMA.
sorry, guess I missed you discussing it
what is "the system"?
is it Ripster's ?
Good to see it's working for you
It's kind of a haughty name, but it's just a simple system that the twitter guy Brian Jones came up with to trade. It essentially uses the 10 and 50 SMA on the 30 minute chart. Bearish bias or bullish bias is set by it.

That video is a different twitter dude explaining it.

Here's a presentation about it.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1HJih6O1-yhdIefuQQAZpauMpPtL0-wQh2hMEFe7cFIU/edit?usp=sharing

I don't trade it rigidly like a robot. It's just something I use to help the overall methodology.
appreciate it Irish Pete
Golf1
AG
Spy does not seem like it wants to slow down
Spoony Love
AG
Almost like it wants to fill the gap.

If it does, I would expect it to cool down and chop until Fed comments
BaylorSpineGuy
Model T around 397-398 range on SPY.
Heineken-Ashi
Golf1 said:

Spy does not seem like it wants to slow down
Showing indecision and potential reversal from downward to upward intraday while solid downtrend daily and weekly. Has not confirmed anything. Until the 4hr beer candle flips to green I'm on sideline. 2hr is fighting red and green currently.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Spoony Love
AG
Is that from the high on 9/12 - the low today?
BaylorSpineGuy
Yes….I think it touched 415 in premarket that day, so maybe slightly higher but the intraday Model T is around 397-8. It usually flashes above. I sat this rally out but will layer in puts starting in that range and add every few dollars.
Spoony Love
AG
Thanks for the explaining. I'm still not used to picking a good timeframe for model-t.
docaggie
AG
VERU's EUA meeting has been pushed back a month by the FDA.
That coupled with Biden's declaration that COVID is over has lead to it falling today, if you happen to still be in it.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BaylorSpineGuy
The caveat here is that 382.11 is a true bottom. Some evidence for that since it made a hammer candle on Friday.
irish pete ag06
AG
You're welcome!
topher06
Completely on the sidelines on options right now, other than the GOLD LEAPs and some sold covered calls that I should maybe consider buying back cause they're all way up (but well offset by depressed underlying prices). No real clue how the Fed is going to act here, they are in a really tough spot.
Brewmaster
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

The caveat here is that 382.11 is a true bottom. Some evidence for that since it made a hammer candle on Friday.
Dude you're learning things, keep it up! that or I am too, lol. I also have 384 as an area of interest.
BaylorSpineGuy
Sometimes hard to spot a bottom but that low 382 level is defended. Anyone at Links Fore Kids today in Las Colinas?

If so, Holler.
irish pete ag06
AG
Anyone considering an FOMC straddle?

My fear on that is a 100 bps will pay majorly on the put side... but I could see the market non-reacting to 75.
Philip J Fry
AG
Come on PED. Let's get that momentum.
topher06
I don't think the market would react to 75bps. Isn't that already 100% priced in, with 100bps slightly priced in? Don't think anyone expects 50bps or lower.

Premiums are juiced right now too, might consider covering up my remaining SPY shares.
Txducker
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Anyone considering an FOMC straddle?

My fear on that is a 100 bps will pay majorly on the put side... but I could see the market non-reacting to 75.
I been thinking similar type play with an otm strangle. Potential for big moves that would cause these to work. I will close the bad leg and not ride it to zero once a direction is confirmed.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Long LABU
Txducker
AG
interesting fibs qqq:
11:07 intraday bounced of the model T low march 2020 to Nov 2021 high 286.82. Price went to 286.85, close enough. It was also a perfect 70% (286.85) retrace of todays 0500 low (285.50) to high 289.99. 70 is not a normal fib number but it is a nice round number next to a larger time frame model T. I missed it and only noticed after the fact.
JDTxAg98
AG
BREwmaster said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Dude you're learning things, keep it up! that or I am too, lol. I also have 384 as an area of interest.
I had a resistance line from Friday @ about $384.31 on the 15min $SPY. Once it cleared that during first 15 min today it's held it every time it pushes down.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
topher06 said:

I don't think the market would react to 75bps. Isn't that already 100% priced in, with 100bps slightly priced in? Don't think anyone expects 50bps or lower.

If 75 bps, it's possible there's not much reaction. It's also possible that enough volume hedged to the downside in case of a 100bps hike that when they close out those we'll see a move up. If too many are overextended short, that could cause a bit of a squeeze and further push the indexes higher. Just a possibility at this point, but something to make sure we're prepared for. IMO the big takeaway is just not to go full bear here because there is a plausible short-term bull thesis for now.
topher06
Bob Knights Liver said:

topher06 said:

If 75 bps, it's possible there's not much reaction. It's also possible that enough volume hedged to the downside in case of a 100bps hike that when they close out those we'll see a move up. If too many are overextended short, that could cause a bit of a squeeze and further push the indexes higher. Just a possibility at this point, but something to make sure we're prepared for. IMO the big takeaway is just not to go full bear here because there is a plausible short-term bull thesis for now.
I did go ahead and enter some January 2023 SPY 425 calls, but sold 10/21 410 calls on my long SPY shares. Absent the 100bps rate hike, I do think there should be some bias upside here because I continue to think last week was an overreaction, but don't have much confidence in the macro economy. Suck at technical analysis though, so this is just my opinion on fundamentals.

EDIT: I may not end up holding the SPY calls overnight even with the long expiry if we get some upward momentum into close. Up 6% on these, which doesn't suck as I was anticipating needing some good (or not as bad as possible) news from the Fed. Obviously, even the long expiration options move quickly so 6% can be gone in a minute.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
LABU rejected a bit near $8. I think it will clear. I'd like at least $8.4 before I take profit.
First Page Last Page
Page 5699 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.