Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,023,587 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably no vol today.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Golf1
AG
I wouldn't mind GOOGL dropping to $110 when the market opens to pick up some calls depending on how it reacts there
Josepi
AG
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

Buying XOM 100c for next week expiry. Lotto size and will manage them.
If you followed or took this trade yesterday when posted they will be up close to 50%+ at open should it maintain premarket.
Just closed out this trade. Made 54%, I'll take it!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Bought some more XOM near the close, but sorry to say it wasn't me in the 16 million range.
Golf1
AG
Another green open to finish red?
Brewmaster
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

OA has also been on the GOLD train yesterday. Well, it double bottomed yesterday with an inverted red hammer, and is trading up PM.

Could be time for to buy those LEAPS if not already done.
precious metals in general have a nice correlation with running when the markets are pulling back or tanking (if you prefer that word). I went back and looked at the last good run up GOLD had, it ran pretty hard in February and into first week of March.
Brewmaster
AG
Golf1 said:

Another green open to finish red?
have to hold 3970 or bulls lose the ball and we work back down
LMCane
topher06 said:

Dan Scott said:

Unemployment rate starting to rise. Markets go up

Think it's a signal that the interest rates are impacting the inflation caused by the massive domestic overspending, so maybe the rate increases won't come so fast

they have been setting this up for a long time on CNBC

the worse the employment picture gets, the less likely JPow can continue to raise rates into a recession.

of course, no one is considering that a recession is not exactly bullish for corporate bottom lines either when no one has an income stream.

FJ43
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

If you followed or took this trade yesterday when posted they will be up close to 50%+ at open should it maintain premarket.

Took 2/3 off at 85%. Trail set on balance.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Golf1
AG
Meant to sell 1/2 my position on spy and ended up selling everything except 1 contract… lol guess I'll let it ride and see how high it can go today.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

Took 2/3 off at 85%. Trail set on balance.

115% keep going!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Philip J Fry
AG
At some point, bad news is going to be taken as bad news.
oldarmy1
AG
OKTA sweetness!
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

OKTA sweetness!

Your FIGS looks ready

Brewmaster
AG
Short squeeze! 4025-4035 next target
irish pete ag06
AG
Ol Harry Wang just buying puts the whole way up. I don't know how technical that guy is sometimes. He's likely made more $ than I ever will in this game, so I guess I don't have room to talk.
Spoony Love
AG
If SPY touches 402, it will likely be a good spot to scalp a 400P. Choose wisely though.

Let me add, with enough time left for it to drop.
FJ43
Starting to scale into VIX calls three weeks out. 25C

Brewmaster
AG
gotta pop or drop here, which will it be?

4020's let's go!

premiums jumping on calls
Golf1
AG
I'm not in anything at the moment but i wouldn't be surprise for a little bit of a sell here.

With that being said I almost see a bull flag pattern so nothing would surprise me anymore.
Lake08
Officially in on some sept 9 100's on XOM
Brewmaster
AG
about to rip I think, bulls loaded more shorts on that dip, haha!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OKTA had me hopping early. I started buying premarket and into the open. I got my first puts but was down a little more than $18k the first 10 minutes. It lost long term support and I usually exit the trade but I figured it would really drop hard so I bought 200% of my position in puts. The largest were Friday expiring $68's. I sent a message out in the $59's and it bottomed in the $58's. I was still down $4100 but the stock moved to over $63 and I was in the green $800. I got my 50% covered calls and 100% puts in place there, so safe now.

If I had not bought shares and just traded the long term support break I would have been up $22k. Shorts pushed relentlessly, so you can count on a rubber band bounce generally within 10 days. Check to see if it drifts lower and that's when you can enter calls $5 out of the money and 45 days out for high odds bounce.

Any reason you would not expect crwd to behave the same way?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Not doing much.

I sold October 21 110C against Google shares for $5.9
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Sold LABU Dec 10C for $2.20 against shares bought in the 8s.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Still have short calls in the following:

AMD January 110s. I'm going to buy those back when they dip under 2 and/or AMD starts to bid

OXY December 90C. Plan to keep through expiration. I doubt OXY gets there, but if it did, that's like 80% net gain so whatever

MARA December 30C. Going to hold until the bitter end.
Golf1
AG
If it gets down to the 3990 range I might look into some SPY calls with a short stop loss. I'm happy with my profits today so everything will be cut tight right now.
Golf1
AG
Golf1 said:

If it gets down to the 3990 range I might look into some SPY calls with a short stop loss. I'm happy with my profits today so everything will be cut tight right now.

Well I didn't expect it to hit that fast… I'll be looking at when it hits my bottom channel from the picture I posted earlier.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
pretty good timing so far on those covered call sales.
South Platte
I sold a few minutes ago at 9.53 and only watched it tumble since. It's really volatile! So you still like it though?
wanderer
quite the 45min nosdive to fill the overnight gap on SPX
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The hell just happened?
Golf1
AG
The market is drunk
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I guess if you close enough industry there be enough NatGas to heat the homes of the unemployed..

Quote:

"World's Second-Largest Steelmaker Closes European Plant" article says... "The high gas and electricity costs are putting a heavy strain on competitiveness. On top of that, from October onwards, there will be the German government's planned gas levy, which will further burden us," ArcelorMittal Germany's CEO Reiner Blaschek said.

Blaschek called on politicians to urgently take action to "get energy prices under control immediately."
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
South Platte said:

I sold a few minutes ago at 9.53 and only watched it tumble since. It's really volatile! So you still like it though?

Like it for what? It's great to trade.
First Page Last Page
Page 5670 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.