Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,559 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by CC09LawAg
Spoony Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it's expected today given everyone is waiting on Fed at Jackson Hole.

But with the SPY purchase of 420 strikes posted above, maybe someone knows something and the news gets leaked early.
Decay
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Decay said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

I swore this was going to result in an acquisition. Oh well. Not a bad thing.
It could be that was the intention and Amazon didn't want that much exposure to a failing business model. A selling agreement could be a way to test the waters and see if there's staying power after COVID or if the downturn for Peloton is permanent.

I can promise you that Amazon had 0 interest in the hardware part of this business. However, the software and services is right down their alley.
Gotcha, thanks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Decay said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

It could be that was the intention and Amazon didn't want that much exposure to a failing business model. A selling agreement could be a way to test the waters and see if there's staying power after COVID or if the downturn for Peloton is permanent.

I can promise you that Amazon had 0 interest in the hardware part of this business. However, the software and services is right down their alley.
I don't think I agree. Amazon routinely sells hardware that it can leverage for data / marketing insights and for providing end-services to customers. Amazon has bought many combined hard good / soft good companies to extract this leverage, notable Ring, and they built their own AI. Watch them expose Peloton content through other mediums like their streaming service and watch for the bikes to have Alexa. Ironically, I know the founder of Alexa and we've had this discussion. He's the head of product for Compass Realty now - watch for them to beat the crap out of Zillow and Redfin.

Amazon's #1 threat is that they aren't monetizing data the way that they need to. Everyone likes to tout AWS as being the gold standard in IaaS, but that is beginning to be less true, and I think they may get left in the dust by Google because Google is much better at data. Just two cents from your friendly neighborhood CIO.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AMZN about to break out to the upside for a W or break down with a triple top. I'm in puts, but will sell quickly for a small loss if the upside comes (over 134.24 for me.
Ag CPA
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

30K, weren't you in Seattle when this meeting was happening last year?

Peloton getting desperate, don't get the pop today.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

AMZN about to break out to the upside for a W or break down with a triple top. I'm in puts, but will sell quickly for a small loss if the upside comes (over 134.24 for me.

Broke to the upside so I'm out. Nice sorta cup and handle. I thought about switching to calls after I sold the puts for a quick scalp, but I think I'll wait a bit it looks short-term bullish to me now.
South Platte
$30,000 Millionaire said:

South Platte said:

I bought some LABU AH at 10.82. I think this will hit $12 in short order.
This has been absolutely slaughtered over the past year. Surprised it has become so out of favor with investors.

Just going to hold for bio rotation.
This one came back in a hurry.
techno-ag
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Decay said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

The Prime Days sale on Peloton bikes should be awesome though.
BaylorSpineGuy
Made my dinner $. I'm out. Didn't bottom or top tick but safely out for 20%. Will take it.

If anyone followed when I called out the tweezer bottom, you'd be up over 50% on Mon OTM calls.

I waited a bit longer for pattern to confirm and so didn't get the best entry price but that's ok.

Caution for possible H&S pattern forming.

GL all.
irish pete ag06
AG
Good trade!
M4 Benelli
Why not make a deal with a national gym chain? So many gyms have X amount of Sq Ft dedicated to cycling classes that are used an hr a day tops. Now imagine wanting to do cycling on your own time, but dont have the space at home for one of these doohickeys?

I'm sure something can be structured which would appeal financially to all parties.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Didn't quite hit my next buy on UPRO this morning (almost did), but TQQQ flashed down just enough to hit my next buy before the rip.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Alright so the student debt forgiveness is retroactive right? Since tax increases are also retroactive.

I'll be expecting my $10k check of free money.
BaylorSpineGuy
Be cautious for the 4120 level. Below there, we are looking at a nearly 200 pt H&S. Easily spotted on the AAPL stocks app on the past 1 mo timeline.

HtownAg92
AG
M4 Benelli said:

Why not make a deal with a national gym chain? So many gyms have X amount of Sq Ft dedicated to cycling classes that are used an hr a day tops. Now imagine wanting to do cycling on your own time, but dont have the space at home for one of these doohickeys?

I'm sure something can be structured which would appeal financially to all parties.
You miss the whole point of a Peloton. It is not a workout machine, it is a work of art.

Peloton
EngrAg14
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I'm expecting the today pop from loan forgiveness.
Open a little green tomorrow overall, and drop all day or Friday drop.
Brewmaster
AG
HtownAg92 said:

M4 Benelli said:

You miss the whole point of a Peloton. It is not a workout machine, it is a work of art.

Peloton
lmao... this one may be the best (the 2nd one, half gay husband in combat boots). I can't stop laughing.

tailgatetimer10
AG
It's weird because they can be found in Mariott and Conrad hotels, which are awesome while on business travel. Why not gyms..
SoTXAg09
AG
AAL looks like approximately 2:1 R/R with support around 13 up to close to 16
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Chop chop chop, heading straight to the top.
wanderer
That does look interesting, with a stop just below previous support of ~13.30 (drawn in red).

Looks to be in a nice predictable channel with obvious supports......assuming no travel/covid news comes out. Another other opinions?
irish pete ag06
Brewmaster
AG

smiley face pattern, bullish! they probably stop this little run at 413.30-413.40's though.
BaylorSpineGuy
That is a beautiful chart. Fake breakouts and fake breakdowns all over the place lol. 30K is right….choppy and tricky too.
oldarmy1
AG
You have Biden announcing student debt loan forgiveness as an intermediate catalyst for markets.

I'll tell you that long term it is going to be just another nail in the coffin, but make hay while the sun shines.
oldarmy1
AG
Yup!

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Yup!

Is that the Whataburger pattern? When you see that, buy calls, go get whataburger, come back, take profit?
Lake08
With NVDA reporting later, the AMD call premiums aren't very high. Bought some Aug 95's. Good gamble, imo
Towns03
AG

I bought some AMPY. Will start to trim in the 8.3 area.

Stop 7.2
Hi 30-

I think you mentioned that you really don't keep positions overnight. Are you planning on sticking with this or bail last minute today?

thanks for the tips here!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Had some time to scalp. Stopping while ahead. Still waiting on AMPY

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Towns03 said:

Stop 7.2
Hi 30-

I think you mentioned that you really don't keep positions overnight. Are you planning on sticking with this or bail last minute today?

Will hold overnight.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Towns03 said:

Stop 7.2
Hi 30-

I overnight stuff all the time, just not weekly options unless I'm. net free.
oldarmy1
AG

oldarmy1 said:

Yup!

Is that the Whataburger pattern? When you see that, buy calls, go get whataburger, come back, take profit?
You know it!
irish pete ag06
AG
THE DUBYA
CC09LawAg
Very rookie questions, but can you help break this down for me?

Are you trading options here? I am trying to figure out the profit margins and how they're achieved.

How are you trading SPX?

ETA: I think I understand it now after playing around with Fidelity. I am months out from even attempting to mess with options but I am trying to start wrapping my head around them.
First Page Last Page
Page 5646 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.