Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,036 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by El_duderino
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lobwedgephil said:

FJ43 said:

I say lets rip to SPY 423 tomorrow.

Why not.
I think we get a buyable dip tomorrow. Can't imagine not testing 4100 while here, but could happen overnight.
Futures look pretty grim, may get that overnight 4100 test.
BaylorSpineGuy
Here you go, FJ! Here's some blabbering from a modestly inexperienced trader (me):

Have been watching Ron Walker each of the last few nights. Nice discussion and commentary and market analysis. Combines many different TA techniques. Very stimulating intellectually.

But….I gotta say this: nothing is more satisfying than hearing him say the word "dump". I literally laugh out loud every time he says it.

FTR, as others mentioned, he thinks we will likely find a short term bottom in the 4080-4100 range with a run back up to the recent highs. You also mentioned the bottom of that box in the 408 SPY range. He shows a couple scenarios.

But let's let history give us some insight. In each of past couple years, Sept 3-4 has been the high before a sell off extending through the remainder of the month. Karsan more or less describes a similar situation with a lot of weakness around OpEx and the ensuing Monday.

Once we show a reversal candle, I'm short term bullish safely up to the 4200-4220 range (also Model T) from recent high if we bottom around 4080-4100.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I've got stuff going on tomorrow so probably no trading. I think chop likely vs trend.

High level, 4130 - 4150 is no touch zone. Below bearish, above bullish. Tesla is getting to split day, I bet it pukes.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
irish pete ag06
AG
2 days in a row the've kept AMZN no lower than 132.85...

132.43 and below is in the gap.

irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Messing around in small cap land... doing some scanning. Found VIVK. It's oil. Did a reverse split 1:30 a while back.

2 massive goal posts.

That's all I know about this company. Oh and their web site looks legit. That's it.
I'll be danged... I never took a position here, but this popped to 2.35 today. I'm leaving it on my watchlist.

It's an oil play. I'm gonna see if it can make its way back down into the 1.40 range.
irish pete ag06
AG
Big volume bar today on NRDY...

News of the CEO buying 5 million shares at 3.50 did this. He owns around 19.5 million of the 65 million shares outstanding according to FINVIZ. Current price is less than his purchase. Interesting. Watch listed for sure.
BaylorSpineGuy
If any of you are doubting yourselves trading this difficult market…..there's always someone worse than you!

Her strategy is senseless. She seems to just be chasing now. She was the pandemic darling and is her fund is a total disaster now.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
BSG take note

Hot off the press boys.

For the TLDR crowd: Russia and Iran just joined together to create a NatGas cartel like OPEC+. They state that the United States won the war in the Ukraine and will capture the European NatGas market! Great spin! Bottomline, if you think the U.S. can supply LNG to Europe via boat cheaper than Europe was getting NatGas delivered from Russia in a pipe,...we should talk. LMAO! Europe better be convinced that Green Energy works cause their NatGas price just got a benchmark "US origin by boat". If I'm Russia or Iran, I don't sell my pipeline gas cheaper than boat NatGas. Congratulations Brandon and European Leadership, Europeans better get use to colder temps, burning wood, or repositioning the solar panels...wow!

The article is from Oil Price and is longer if you want to read it. Very interesting. 'Iran And Russia Move To Create A Global Natural Gas Cartel'... "The US$40 billion memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed last month between Gazprom and the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) is a stepping stone to enabling Russia and Iran to implement their long-held plan to be the core participants in a global cartel for gas suppliers in the same mold as the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) for oil suppliers. With a foundation in the current Gulf Exporting Countries Forum (GECF), this 'Gas OPEC' would allow for the coordination of an extraordinary proportion of the world's gas reserves and control over gas prices in the coming years. Occupying the number one and number two positions in the world's largest gas reserves table, respectively Russia with just under 48 trillion cubic meters (tcm) and Iran with nearly 34 tcm the two countries are in an ideal position to do this.

The Russia-Iran alliance, as evidenced in the most recent multi-faceted MoU between Gazprom and the NIOC, wants to control as much of the two key elements in the global supply matrix gas supplied over land via pipelines and gas supplied via ships in liquefied natural gas (LNG) - as possible. According to a statement last week from Hamid Hosseini, chairman of Iran's Oil, Gas, and Petrochemical Products Exporters' Union, in Tehran, after the Gazprom-NIOC MoU had been signed: "Now the Russians have come to the conclusion that the consumption of gas in the world will increase and the tendency towards consumption of LNG has increased and they alone are not able to meet the world's demand, so there is no room left for gas competition [between Russia and Iran]." He added: "The winner of the Russia-Ukraine war is the United States, and it will capture the European market, so if Iran and Russia can reduce the influence of the United States in the oil, gas and product markets by working together, it will benefit both countries."

ETA: I wonder if Brandon is going to ask U.S. Big Oil for help? LOL!
FJ43
GreasenUSA said:

FJ43 said:

Man y'all are a quiet bunch this week. Not much for me to read and catch up on at night.

Let's go gents!
Fine, I'll discuss the trade of the day for me today. Nothing confirmed this morning, so I was just sitting on my hands.

I saw NFLX was backtesting 230 and decided I'd go for a rejection trade. Reason being, I am short term bearish on NFLX after the downgrade yesterday, and it sliced down through 230 pretty violently yesterday, tried to reclaim it twice, and couldn't.

Rejections aren't usually my type of trade, so I went down to half size, and was going to give it a short leash, with a stop loss over 230.50. Threw out a limit short at 229.88. It filled when NFLX reached its HOD at 229.90, and started working it's way back down. Covered 1/3 at 228.33, then covered the next 1/3 just above yesterday's LOD at 224.85. My target on the final 1/3 was 222.65, and I moved my stop loss on these down to what would be just above the model T from HOD to LOD... set it for 227.12, which was eventually hit. NFLX trades thin, so I should have given a little more leash on that final bit, because it didn't go higher than 227.24 before working its way back to the LOD.

Now we're talking! Great job managing that trade. Appreciate you sharing how you identified the setup and managed it.

We need more of these stories on the thread for sure. Good or bad I believe it resonates with most what to and not to do when we share this stuff.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Here you go, FJ! Here's some blabbering from a modestly inexperienced trader (me):

Have been watching Ron Walker each of the last few nights. Nice discussion and commentary and market analysis. Combines many different TA techniques. Very stimulating intellectually.

But….I gotta say this: nothing is more satisfying than hearing him say the word "dump". I literally laugh out loud every time he says it.

FTR, as others mentioned, he thinks we will likely find a short term bottom in the 4080-4100 range with a run back up to the recent highs. You also mentioned the bottom of that box in the 408 SPY range. He shows a couple scenarios.

But let's let history give us some insight. In each of past couple years, Sept 3-4 has been the high before a sell off extending through the remainder of the month. Karsan more or less describes a similar situation with a lot of weakness around OpEx and the ensuing Monday.

Once we show a reversal candle, I'm short term bullish safely up to the 4200-4220 range (also Model T) from recent high if we bottom around 4080-4100.

Man BSG I'm not sure there is more of a disciple (student) of trading that you've been since you joined the board. It's obvious you apply yourself to knowledge and application in anything you do.

I happen to have the same basic sentiment as you outlined. As far as a 407/8 bottom maybe so. If I was guessing it could be there or a higher low until midterms.

As a trader I'm a levels to levels guy always paying attention to left hand side of the chart (shout out to OA years ago) combined with a few basic TA tools. So for me this is all just giant bear flagging until it isn't within an overall daily/weekly trend.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
lobwedgephil said:

FJ43 said:

I say lets rip to SPY 423 tomorrow.

Why not.
I think we get a buyable dip tomorrow. Can't imagine not testing 4100 while here, but could happen overnight.

I think so at some point as well. Maybe a flash but think we see bottom of box on SPY 407/8.

FJ43

Outside of longs only 'trade' I have on I'm managing overnight I've had in place (weeks) is Sept VIX calls I've trimmed once. Looking for a little rip then I'll take off and reset.

I may not do anything or much today but will be opportunistic if an alert goes off.

Trade wisely my friends!

FJ43

SPY

Red arrow and SR is where we touched premarket so far.

Careful out there gents.

VIX premarket. Let's go for 26s-28 today.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Decent overnight range IMO.

Today could target 4160
FJ43

BaylorSpineGuy
30K, weren't you in Seattle when this meeting was happening last year?

tailgatetimer10
AG
I swore this was going to result in an acquisition. Oh well. Not a bad thing.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

30K, weren't you in Seattle when this meeting was happening last year?

Yes. They were at my hotel.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought some AMPY. Will start to trim in the 8.3 area.

Stop 7.2
Heineken-Ashi
4 days of solid downhill beer candles. Standard support at 4035 and then round number support at 4000, then "please please please" support at 3960. Looking for the beer candles to continue downward. First sign of reversal is a double wick candle.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Decay
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

It could be that was the intention and Amazon didn't want that much exposure to a failing business model. A selling agreement could be a way to test the waters and see if there's staying power after COVID or if the downturn for Peloton is permanent.
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

4 days of solid downhill beer candles. Standard support at 4035 and then round number support at 4000, then "please please please" support at 3960. Looking for the beer candles to continue downward. First sign of reversal is a double wick candle.
he lives!

BaylorSpineGuy
Looks like tweezer bottom on 5 min/2D chart between close yesterday and open today. Short term rally signal?
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I bought some AMPY. Will start to trim in the 8.3 area.

Stop 7.2
nice chart, following
CheladaAg
AG
Man ENVX starting to plow again. This has to be a pump.
irish pete ag06
AG
Yep, closed out my net free puts this morning for SEP, the volume yesterday was huge buying volume.
sts7049
AG
BaylorSpineGuy
Cup full on 2D/5min chart. Handle filling now at 413.40. Maybe can run for a minute if she gets going. Bought 417C for Monday.
sts7049
AG
Spoony Love
AG
Let's rip
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
All I've got time for. Obviously waiting on AMPY still

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
AMPY not doing what I want, but it *should* go to $9.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Decay said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

It could be that was the intention and Amazon didn't want that much exposure to a failing business model. A selling agreement could be a way to test the waters and see if there's staying power after COVID or if the downturn for Peloton is permanent.

I can promise you that Amazon had 0 interest in the hardware part of this business. However, the software and services is right down their alley.
Golf1
AG
Choppy trading day so far.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Golf1 said:

Choppy trading day so far.
Market is waiting on a catalyst to make a trend move. That catalyst is probably your buddy Jerome.
First Page Last Page
Page 5645 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.