Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,154 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by El_duderino
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RSI turned up, MACD widest at that $1.70 area. Daily volume is shrinking into the previous two support marks. If you're going to make an initial entry these are the times I'll do it.
Spoony Love
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
Bored today, so I created this simple Brian Jones "The System" layout on Tradingview.

I remember 30K bringing this up a while back and I've been reading up on it and remotely keeping up with it. This chart just gives a clear visual of his buy and sell signals.
oldarmy1
AG
Any options entered needs to be to next Friday obviously. Maybe spot a lotto end of week expiring come Thursday but be past Jackson Hole. 1st SPY entries will be tight Monday strikes. No more than $1.50 out of the money either direction.
cptthunder
GOOGL right at Model T which could be a good one to keep an eye on for broader market direction while SPY is stuck in ths CHOP
wanderer
Is there a way to set a stop limit on a sold naked put?

Ex) You sell a Sep naked put for $2 today and in 3 days the stock has trended in the wrong direction and now that same sold put is at $3. I realize you can always buy it back or roll it, but can you place an order that will buy it back at a set strike price that's above the current price (lets say $3.50 in this example)??

I use TD/ToS if that matters
Buck Compton
AG
Think there will be any action on the bull**** student loan forgiveness that's likely to be announced tomorrow?
cptthunder
Buck Compton said:

Think there will be any action on the bull**** student loan forgiveness that's likely to be announced tomorrow?
Besides a nation wide unified retching from anyone with any type of self worth.... Naaaaa
irish pete ag06
AG
I'm opening an IBKR account, got to this part.

Anyone want to refer me?
BaylorSpineGuy
Any idea if the loan repayment can be applied retroactively?

Asking for a friend who paid of $330K in loans over past 3 yrs.
Ccutamu
irish pete ag06 said:

Anyone want to refer me?
I think OA has a referral link.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Any idea if the loan repayment can be applied retroactively?

Asking for a friend who paid of $330K in loans over past 3 yrs.
It's complete bull***** $40k for me. If I paid that I would be even more upset about it.
BaylorSpineGuy
It's total crap. The notion that the govt should pay off loans for private citizens is silly to begin with, but then to decide who does and doesn't qualify is even more illogical. I have had less than $1 my account multiple times in last 10-15 yrs.

Good to know my tax dollars being well spent. This will actually sharply worsen inflation tho. Will put real dollars in the peoples' hands. More helicopter money = more economic pain. Worse for equities.
irish pete ag06
AG
Brewmaster
AG
Anybody know how to pull out a student loan tonight?!
asking for a friend, lol

irish pete ag06
AG
sts7049
AG
kyle field 94 said:

BMIX today

Anyone seen any news?
all i can find is this from yesterday. i'm on vacation a few days and logged in to find it was up nicely today

FJ43
irish pete ag06 said:

Anyone want to refer me?

Here you go. Any $ received will be donated to charity.

https://ibkr.com/referral/brian1067
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

I say lets rip to SPY 423 tomorrow.

Why not.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
Anyone trade off of my purple posted ranges from this morning?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty meh week so far. Accumulating TQQQ/UPRO at least.
FJ43
Man y'all are a quiet bunch this week. Not much for me to read and catch up on at night.

Let's go gents!

Golf1
AG
Do the Jackson Hole meetings have any specific times to know about? I know it's a couple of days but do things just end up getting leaked?
sts7049
AG
I'm drinking malbec tonight on vacation, no stock worries for me
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Even though it won't happen, just how much would we rip with a 50 bps announcement?
irish pete ag06
AG
Been cleaning the shop. Sadly, I don't do my chart piddling until everyone is likely asleep on this thread
irish pete ag06
AG
Malbec is my favorite
GreasenUSA
AG
FJ43 said:

Man y'all are a quiet bunch this week. Not much for me to read and catch up on at night.

Let's go gents!
Fine, I'll discuss the trade of the day for me today. Nothing confirmed this morning, so I was just sitting on my hands.

I saw NFLX was backtesting 230 and decided I'd go for a rejection trade. Reason being, I am short term bearish on NFLX after the downgrade yesterday, and it sliced down through 230 pretty violently yesterday, tried to reclaim it twice, and couldn't.

Rejections aren't usually my type of trade, so I went down to half size, and was going to give it a short leash, with a stop loss over 230.50. Threw out a limit short at 229.88. It filled when NFLX reached its HOD at 229.90, and started working it's way back down. Covered 1/3 at 228.33, then covered the next 1/3 just above yesterday's LOD at 224.85. My target on the final 1/3 was 222.65, and I moved my stop loss on these down to what would be just above the model T from HOD to LOD... set it for 227.12, which was eventually hit. NFLX trades thin, so I should have given a little more leash on that final bit, because it didn't go higher than 227.24 before working its way back to the LOD.

BlueTaze
The UUP calls entered last year worked out great, cashed out last month. Now loading up with $28 UUP puts to capture a potential rally late 2022 into 23. Looks like could be a failed breakout on 2nd resistance test...will cut losses if not.

Might be worth a look for some option leverage without too much inflated premium.

*basically shorting the DXY (usd)

lobwedgephil
Golf1 said:

Do the Jackson Hole meetings have any specific times to know about? I know it's a couple of days but do things just end up getting leaked?
Constant comments, but Friday 9:00am Central is the Powell speech, and all that matters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
lobwedgephil
FJ43 said:

I say lets rip to SPY 423 tomorrow.

Why not.
I think we get a buyable dip tomorrow. Can't imagine not testing 4100 while here, but could happen overnight.
SoTXAg09
AG
wanderer said:

Is there a way to set a stop limit on a sold naked put?

Ex) You sell a Sep naked put for $2 today and in 3 days the stock has trended in the wrong direction and now that same sold put is at $3. I realize you can always buy it back or roll it, but can you place an order that will buy it back at a set strike price that's above the current price (lets say $3.50 in this example)??

I use TD/ToS if that matters

Yes, I use it for credit spreads all the time. When you set a stop at a higher price than what was sold, it recognizes that the order won't get triggered until that price is reached. Here is the description:

wanderer
Nice, will have to look at this. Thanks!
Brewmaster
AG
I didn't, but only b/c I missed the first couple hours this morning. I almost took puts around 10:45, as it was making lower highs and lower lows. Those would've paid. Shoulda coulda woulda though.

Keep posting these! I need to get my butt in gear and get back to disciplined scalping.
First Page Last Page
Page 5644 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.