Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,031 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by El_duderino
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
These are all liquidity grabbing moves, folks. They're just trying to get your options or shares.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Brewmaster
AG
interesting... just noticed this. flag upward, we keep bouncing off this trend line. Currently it would be around 4125 (spx).
the other bounces were August 2nd (twice) and August 5th (twice).

irish pete ag06
AG
As in, we are likely continuing up?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
irish pete ag06 said:

As in, we are likely continuing up?

Maybe eventually. I lean bullish, but we could reverse and go down. For me this is just a wait until we confirm and then give it a few extra 5-min candles to make sure it's not a trap.
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

interesting... just noticed this. flag upward, we keep bouncing off this trend line. Currently it would be around 4125 (spx).
the other bounces were August 2nd (twice) and August 5th (twice).

4125 then bounce, Let's see if I'm right.
Spoony Love
AG
Just for grins and perhaps sacrifice, I picked 0DTE 410P on SPY. Enjoy all who profit from the opposite. This is my tribute.
topher06
Spoony Love said:

Just for grins and perhaps sacrifice, I picked 0DTE 410P on SPY. Enjoy all who profit from the opposite. This is my tribute.
That would be quite the move down in the last hour.
Dan Scott
AG
Interesting seeing TSLA lose all of it's gains. Ugly daily candle rejecting 200 SMA. There are a lot of topping candles out there today.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Here's a one-off data point -

Fairly large bet on XOM.

XOM Aug 19-$100 Call Option has 43,752 contracts of Open Interest. Half of this bet was established in one trade near the end of April and the other half a few days later as I recall. I'm leaning the bet was XOM to $100 or greater. Guess we'll see soon enough. Logic in normal times would suggest a bullish tone to it.

The jacked up weekly numbers coming out of the EIA are getting some media traction and I think some closer scrutiny will be exerted this week and weeks to follow. Something isn't right,...because you know,...the EIA demand numbers suggest we are driving less now than when we were locked down in Covid working from home or not working at all. Conversely, all contributors of data to EIA state otherwise..

Last, the Inflation Reduction Act,...since there is a 1% tax on share buybacks coming, look for XOM to step up the buybacks in 2022 to avoid the tax in 2023. You may recall, XOM plans to buyback $30 billion (a mere 12% of the company) over the course of 2022 and 2023. Congress gave incentive to step up the buybacks sooner. This likely impacts other companies too.
oldarmy1
AG
Reverse head and shoulder on macro's

Looks like we're going to screw around in and around the box until CPI Wednesday
oldarmy1
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

oldarmy1 said:

I was eyeing OSTK Sept 16 $30 strike calls Friday. Wanted to wait to see macro direction out of the box first.

Wowzers
This is called unpaid correctness.

Everything I saw said get in it but the macro box is not to be messed with. If you had gotten in it Friday and sold at the open you made off like a bandit. This pullback towards Model T might be a good spot to go $35 Sept 16 calls now.
Dan Scott
AG
Its an interesting question for corporate treasurers with rates going higher. XOM has a ton of right cash now. Almost $11B free cash flow in 2Q after paying a $3.6B dividend and $5B in share buybacks. They can invest it at about 2% maybe more now. In that scenario is it prudent to buy back stock at high prices or invest? Also if/when the market falls it'd be good to have cash to make moves.
oldarmy1
AG
5 minute volume spike alert went off on WWR
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Reverse head and shoulder on macro's

Looks like we're going to screw around in and around the box until CPI Wednesday
Confirmed move up
BaylorSpineGuy
Hey….if the ZM meeting ends up happening, can someone plz PM me an invite? I had a late day emergency add on but will try to make it tonight.

Thanks!!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I haven't heard from IMDB yet on hosting it will be OK.

Today was frustrating. Managed green but ugh.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I have something big going on tomorrow morning anyway.
Dan Scott
AG
Effing BIRD. Beat on EPS and Revenue but weak guidance again.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Never trade earnings!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
On a daily basis, today would be considered constructive for bulls, I think, based on where price closed.

We closed well above Friday's lows and while it's not awesome to make a new high and sell, breakouts are often rejected the first time. We didn't even test the current trend line today.

If we get selling action tomorrow, what you want to watch for is test of daily 8 EMA and loss of that level (4115-4120). I think selling into 4080 is possible if that happens. Price above 4150 has to be considered bullish.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
oldarmy1 said:

5 minute volume spike alert went off on WWR
I bought 3,000 more shares. Really working to get my cost basis below $2
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Dan Scott
AG
CLOV had monster revenue growth but corresponding medical claims. 2Q revenue of $846M but medical claims of $858M.
irish pete ag06
AG
Passed my SIE test on first try.

On to Series 7. I haven't studied at all but have already taken some practice quizzes and I'm averaging a 60%. It's heavy on actual trade questions in options and bonds, so that fits me good.

I am 2 tests away from legally being able to say "this is financial advice."
Troglodyte
AG
Dan Scott said:

A stock to look at going forward is Allbirds (BIRD). Stock closed at $5.27 Friday. It went public at $15 in November. They have earnings tomorrow. Stock has been crushed because they forecasted low 20% revenue growth vs. high 20% for 2Q. International sales went to crap with Russian invasion and China lockdowns. I think they underestimated the spending of middle to high income individuals and will show sizeable beat. Also their shoes launched in Nordstroms in June who themselves raised 2022 guidance beyond expectations during their 1Q call. I recently bought a pair and think they are the most comfortable sneakers I've owned.

I think Allbirds can become the Lululemon of shoes. Risk reward around $5 I think is good.
Good day for Allbirds, but it's giving it all back after hours.
PeekingDuck
AG
XOM also comes out shining with the sequestration subsidies in the IRA. Valero and Oxy are doing well there too.
Dan Scott
AG
Buffet bought more OXY. If you're selling OXY below 60, you're selling to Buffet.

https://occidentalpetroleum.gcs-web.com/static-files/852e82c5-4874-4f1d-92c9-75db7a9f2186
Dan Scott
AG
Troglodyte said:

Dan Scott said:

A stock to look at going forward is Allbirds (BIRD). Stock closed at $5.27 Friday. It went public at $15 in November. They have earnings tomorrow. Stock has been crushed because they forecasted low 20% revenue growth vs. high 20% for 2Q. International sales went to crap with Russian invasion and China lockdowns. I think they underestimated the spending of middle to high income individuals and will show sizeable beat. Also their shoes launched in Nordstroms in June who themselves raised 2022 guidance beyond expectations during their 1Q call. I recently bought a pair and think they are the most comfortable sneakers I've owned.

I think Allbirds can become the Lululemon of shoes. Risk reward around $5 I think is good.
Good day for Allbirds, but it's giving it all back after hours.

Yeah that sucked. It's back to $5. They said on the call after Father's Day they saw a noticeable drop off in sales and it's persisting in 3Q so far. They believe it's not specific to them and that for the higher end consumer the belt tightening is just now starting. They laid off a few 23 people in corporate office and are doing some other cost saving.
irish pete ag06
AG
So with the way this market goes, we will see inflation print lower than expected...

then sell off.

Right?
SoTXAg09
AG
Dan Scott said:

Buffet bought more OXY. If you're selling OXY below 60, you're selling to Buffet.

https://occidentalpetroleum.gcs-web.com/static-files/852e82c5-4874-4f1d-92c9-75db7a9f2186

I bought calls Friday on this bounce off the trend line. Hope it holds!
Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

So with the way this market goes, we will see inflation print lower than expected...

then sell off.

Right?
You are catching on! haha
Brewmaster
AG
Couldn't you argue, as long as 4120 holds and this channel (Up) holds, it's bullish?

I was tempted to go long some SPY calls on the dip today, but didn't, sticking to my rules! but I'll definitely buy a bounce off 4120 tomorrow morning if that happens.

wanderer
Days in which OA is active on this thread make things significantly better. Here's to hoping for more twitter bans (joking about that part…..but not really)
irish pete ag06
AG

Pretty big spot for VIX as well.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Will you be on Twitter reporting every one of his posts so he'll post here more?
FJ43
Looks like OA is back from ban camp on Twitter.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

First Page Last Page
Page 5605 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.