Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,000,892 Views | 231607 Replies | Last: 3 sec ago by CC09LawAg
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello Mr. Triple Top...I haven't been trading much lately, but always like to check in on Fed days and I noticed this little thing here...

ProgN
MAROON
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

XOM ER is Friday. I think they announce the Div a couple days in advance. I am looking for the announcement today. Historically, XOM increases the Div at Q3. I'm thinking they might surprise shareholders today or tomorrow with a Div increase. Regardless, monster quarter awaits.

no increase
Triple_Bagger
Triple_Bagger said:

Dr. Alister MacKenzie said:

Ranger222 said:

a criminal probe is another hit piece???

This goes way beyond SAVA now --

https://www.science.org/content/article/potential-fabrication-research-images-threatens-key-theory-alzheimers-disease
This. If you like SAVA at $14 you'll love it even more at $4.
If you believe it's going to $4, you should short sell as much as you can at $16 today
Now you can short from $19. Cheers to everyone who bought at $14 this morning. 36% profit in 8 hours.
Irish 2.0
This market is so jacked up right now. META completely whiffs on ER, guides down, and has barely budged lower.
planoaggie123
AG
It is already baked in...except when it isn't....
Irish 2.0
planoaggie123 said:

There is a cliff coming and it won't be pretty when we get to it. The Fed has ****ed all of this **** up.

After today's move, all I can keep thinking about is the Fed meeting in May where it went parabolic immediately and then dumped for 6 days.

Also GDP and jobless claims tomorrow...
Lake08
Irish 2.0 said:

planoaggie123 said:

There is a cliff coming and it won't be pretty when we get to it. The Fed has ****ed all of this **** up.

After today's move, all I can keep thinking about is the Fed meeting in May where it went parabolic immediately and then dumped for 6 days

We will go lower, I agree, but no cliff, imo.
planoaggie123
AG
This was the discussion I had with a co-worker....tomorrow and the next few days will be interesting....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not the best day for me today. Played a little too conservative, then got greedy.

Sold my 2 UPRO lots at $40 and $40.05 (one for loss, one for slight profit), intending to buy back in $39. Of course it rocketed all the way to ~$42.

Then had a limit order for all my TQQQ at $29.80, which triggered right after Powell spoke. (Also for a loss) Then put in a buy for the same position at $28.80 thinking it was sure to hit, but of course it rebounded and also rocketed to $31.20.

Oh well. Not too upset about the levels I sold at, just FOMO'ing on the missed profits.

Then I panic bought SQQQ at $44 and missed the bottom by almost 2%.
Lake08
Still going with my earlier prediction of green for the rest of the week. AMZN and AAPL will report solid earnings.
irish pete ag06
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

planoaggie123 said:

After today's move, all I can keep thinking about is the Fed meeting in May where it went parabolic immediately and then dumped for 6 days.

Also GDP and jobless claims tomorrow...

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/2721405/replies/62570487

The Irish's
Brewmaster
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

This market is so jacked up right now. META completely whiffs on ER, guides down, and has barely budged lower.
I was pretty certain we'd rocket to 400+ today (even on interest rate hike news) and I still whiffed and chickened out. Honestly, I wanted to see the fed speak shake out first.

Mancini has been spot on with these. Fed gives bearish news, market rips, then the real move comes a day or 2 later. This week also ends the July seasonal rip. August is tougher.

Made $10 today. LOL.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Hopefully sell my goog weeklies in the morning and maybe crwd weeklies (those may be too far gone), if there's a sell the news dip get into ostk spreads expiring next week

Sold the goog 108.5 weeklies i bought for 3.5 for 4 and 6
Sold the crwd 175 weekly i bought for 4 for 5.13
Still sitting on crwd 200 weeklies i paid 1.9 for
Bought ostk 35c for next week and a 100/120 spread for December
Need to remember to pick up a mega millions ticket before the weekend. I have probably only bought 5 lotto tickets since i started trading options!
Irish 2.0
I guess the only 'good' thing I can take out of today is that SPY closed that monster gap at 401.44 today. Could see that as a catalyst to begin a new leg down.
Triple_Bagger
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Last couple of fed meetings, this has been the script:

• Gap up and some upward morning trading
  • Give up morning gains to trade flat
  • Doldrums until the fed announcement / presser
  • Trap move down 50-100 points
  • Recover par value and then soar 50-100 points
  • Close on or near highs
  • Gap up and sell off the next day

We didn't get much of a trap move down today, but I still think the sell comes soon.

Q2 GDP estimate tomorrow right? Yellen speaking after trying to convince everyone that 2 quarters with negative GDP isn't a recession (this admin loves changing definitions to fit the agenda). I'm going to lose it if they try to label the recession as transitionary.
irish pete ag06
AG

Another look at the monthly on SPY. Inside month. So who know which way we break... consolidation. I'm betting down. The volume is puny with only 2 trading days left.

I honestly wonder if/when the next black swan event is planned...

I mean "randomly going to happen."

I can see after the midterms being a good time for it, then you get your crash... the fed has their reason to soften up and start back up QE to save the market and get a v-shaped recovery going right before the '24 elections.
Irish 2.0
Maybe it will be the Chinese taking a shot at Nancy while whe's on her way to Taiwan
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Everyone all bullish?
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Irish 2.0
No.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I moved all of my assets to TQQQ because we're going moon shopping.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Today my 401k surpassed $100k for the first time ever. (Been struggling to get to that for months now.)

Granted, it's guaranteed to no longer be true after tomorrow, but it's still a nice personal milestone to hit. (I opened mine pretty "late" in my career back in 2019, only after all my student debt was paid off.)
Ragoo
AG

Everyone all bullish?
always
Bonfire1996
AG
AMZN will not report solid results. They are ground zero for margin compression that comes with inflation and retail competition.
Lake08

Everyone all bullish?

For a couple days
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

Everyone all bullish?

Yep manchin flipped to calls. Moon mission tomorrow. Scaling into vix calls for next friday
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

Everyone all bullish?

Yes, I speak fluent Moo.
Decay
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Today my 401k surpassed $100k for the first time ever. (Been struggling to get to that for months now.)

Granted, it's guaranteed to no longer be true after tomorrow, but it's still a nice personal milestone to hit. (I opened mine pretty "late" in my career back in 2019, only after all my student debt was paid off.)
Congrats! Mine hit 100k last year... but now it's down to 80k...
Lake08
Bonfire1996 said:

AMZN will not report solid results. They are ground zero for margin compression that comes with inflation and retail competition.

AMZN will be "ok". AAPL will rise big
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I will be surprised to see 4060-4080 tomorrow. If so, I am likely going to short from there.

I think bulls need to spend more time in today's single prints before going higher.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Carlo4
AG
Decay said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Congrats! Mine hit 100k last year... but now it's down to 80k...

Username checks out
Irish 2.0
I think AAPL's supply chain issues will catch up to them in this ER. Higher costs and slowing consumer spending might have started to catch up as well.
zebros_95
AG

I think bulls need to spend more time in today's single prints before going higher.

Can you elaborate? I bought some puts AH yday and looking to protect. Thanks
gougler08
AG
SHEL demolished earnings and doing a $6B buyback, seems undervalued here
First Page Last Page
Page 5579 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.