Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,001,098 Views | 231607 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by CC09LawAg
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GOOGL going sub $100?
SoTXAg09
AG
How TF does VXX gap down on a day like today?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So quiet today. Spy feels heavy and stuck in no man's land. I got a couple wed 390 puts for 1.85 in case we get a flush, stop at 1.5, not holding overnight
Ooh maybe this is it
BaylorSpineGuy
I had an intraday scalp I cut loose for a minimal profit. Seems like it was gonna tread water and I was bored waiting. Still short with SPXS and SARK. Tweezer top yesterday and a selloff today. Maybe this is to dump shares in advance of bad earnings week? Or a big rull pull before a big rip?
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Played tiny... snagged a 303P on QQQ early in the day. Sold half at 100% rode the other down to about a 400% victory. Was probably the most stress free trading day I've just about ever had.

Just base hits you moron, it's that simple.

At Jamaica Beach RV Resort. Made 2 scalps. One laying down relaxing and one on the crapper. In and out. Best way for me.

BaylorSpineGuy
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Played tiny... snagged a 303P on QQQ early in the day. Sold half at 100% rode the other down to about a 400% victory. Was probably the most stress free trading day I've just about ever had.

Just base hits you moron, it's that simple.

At Jamaica Beach RV Resort. Made 2 scalps. One laying down relaxing and one on the crapper. In and out. Best way for me.

On the crapper or on the trade? ;-)
irish pete ag06
AG
Both
ProgN
Paul Sorvino, 'Goodfellas' actor, dead at 83 | Fox News

First Ray Liotta, now Paul Sorvino. I wonder who's next from Goodfellas because things happen in 3s.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Was that a little trixy move to tag the bottom of the intraday channel before running back up to close near the open?

TSLA 800C. I just bought some.
texagbeliever
I'd watch MSFT 257, AMZN 120. If either of those went I wouldn't want to be long calls
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I just got out of the calls. I'll probably regret that. If we roll over I'm hitting puts.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
texagbeliever
Bob Knights Liver said:

I just got out of the calls. I'll probably regret that. If we roll over I'm hitting puts.
I feel like TSLA is in a bit of no-man's land below 807. If it starts falling into the green candle from Thursday it might go for the gap fill to 750.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seeing my portfolio barely register the TQQQ drop is pretty nice considering I took almost all my profits last week.

Now hoping it keeps dipping.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Agreed, but with VIX dropping and SPX and QQQ looking like they want to run, I'm hoping for TSLA to shoot back towards opening price. An $814 close would have me break out the good stuff.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Meh, I'm out. I lost $84 on the trade. Watch it blast to opening price in the last two minutes
texagbeliever
if you look at TSLA compared to AAPL/MSFT the open 10 min to close 10 min the stocks behave very differently. TSLA has maybe a 1/3 of the volume at close compared to open while AAPL and MSFT are closer to the same volume. All that to say, it points to TSLA not moving much last 10 minutes.
YNWA_AG
AG

Not in a recession by the way
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let's see how GOOGL does...
texagbeliever
YNWA_AG said:

Doesn't look like AMZN took that news well. 116 now in AH after closing at 121.1
BaylorSpineGuy
I bought some HD puts this afternoon expiring Friday after it showed a reversal on Friday and some follow through today although there was some short covering at the close. I was doubtful if the trade after I made it, but the stock is down 5 pts AH. Should be a 1-2 bagger for me hopefully in the morning.
texagbeliever
After the dust settles on this WMT news, wouldn't they be a good recession stock to buy into? Could see more shoppers flock to WMT & Sam's Club and more importantly see increased purchasing of in-store brand which should be the cheapest option as people look to save money.
BaylorSpineGuy
This is why I largely don't accept the "priced in" phenomenon. If this recession that is brewing is priced in and already accounted for, AMZN/COST/TGT/WMT/HD wouldn't have all dropped 2-5% AH tonight.

It's simply a script for the media to follow.
Buck Compton
AG
texagbeliever said:

After the dust settles on this WMT news, wouldn't they be a good recession stock to buy into? Could see more shoppers flock to WMT & Sam's Club and more importantly see increased purchasing of in-store brand which should be the cheapest option as people look to save money.
They've also recently started really flexing their buying power in the marketplace to keep stores full.

Their orders for bulk food and groceries are getting filled at 99-100% again while smaller regional players are back to peak COVID levels in the 50-60% full rate range. WMT had been sitting in the low-to-mid 90s and others were sitting in the 70s.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

GOOGL going sub $100?

If it does I might dump all my cash in there.
Triple_Bagger
texagbeliever said:

I think so. Just don't try to catch the falling knife. After Q1 earnings, WMT dropped 10%, but then continued down over the next few days before bottoming out down 20%. Down 10% now but could go lower over the next few days.
irish pete ag06
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Most gaslighting admin I've ever seen.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BaylorSpineGuy said:

This is why I largely don't accept the "priced in" phenomenon. If this recession that is brewing is priced in and already accounted for, AMZN/COST/TGT/WMT/HD wouldn't have all dropped 2-5% AH tonight.

It's simply a script for the media to follow.

What is generally known to the investment community is priced in. If there are surprises then we still see how the market reacts. Does poor earnings and guidance pressure the Fed to raise less than expected, and if so is that enough to fully offset the poor guidance? That's what most are waiting for IMO.
Philip J Fry
AG
Eying PED for a squeeze to $2 soon
FJ43
Philip J Fry said:

Twitter chatter or that it has a inexplicable spike every 4-5 months?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Pignorant
AG
ProgN said:

First Ray Liotta, now Paul Sorvino. I wonder who's next from Goodfellas because things happen in 3s.

Tony Sirico was also in Goodfellas.
ProgN
Yeah, someone on another media pointed that out, but thank you.
Fredd
AG
Pignorant said:

ProgN said:

Tony Sirico was also in Goodfellas.

I'd be worried if I were De Niro, Pesci, Chrissy, or Pacino! Man all these mob movie guys dropping like flies
Philip J Fry
AG
FJ43 said:

Philip J Fry said:

Twitter chatter or that it has a inexplicable spike every 4-5 months?

Inexplicable spike near earnings. Worked last time. I guess it will continue working until it doesn't.
Michael Cera Palin
AG

Mr. Skilling has quickly become one of my favorite Twitter meme follows
First Page Last Page
Page 5573 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.