Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,929 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by ProgN
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a 100 shares of UVXY that I have made a decent profit on. Wondering if I should dump them before tomorrow. As soon as I do, we will be down another 1000 tomorrow and it will be up $2-$3.
GreasenUSA
AG
Jet Black said:

What is the bet for tomorrow? Up? Down? Asteroid crushes wall st?

The most recent two times that we've had breakdowns from the previous range (5/5 and 5/11), the day after the breakdowns have been gap downs that ended up red, with close ending very near the open.
Jet Black
GreasenUSA said:

Jet Black said:

What is the bet for tomorrow? Up? Down? Asteroid crushes wall st?

The most recent two times that we've had breakdowns from the previous range (5/5 and 5/11), the day after the breakdowns have been gap downs that ended up red, with close ending very near the open.

Thanks
irish pete ag06
AG
Didn't spend much time trading today. All QQQ paper cut and 2 tiny wins. All puts.

Spent the day building a pergola to add some shade to the patio.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It is really really hard to say what happens.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
tejas_ayanem said:

Some of you spin stuff more than Fox news/CNN.

There are three other SI Cover girls too.

I'm not one to judge her weight. I have no idea why she is or what challenges she may face. IMO it's not spin though. Just don't remember a time when being overweight was something that was glorified or celebrated much less put in the front cover of SI.

There's been multiple cover models for a while if I remember correctly.

This too will pass......
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

It is really really hard to say what happens.
Tough trading. Bear flagging until it isn't I guess. There is a bottom somewhere.

Let's just hope we don't have a catalyst that really dumps things.
McKinney Ag69
AG

Looks like the MACD crossed the Signal line for WWR. Maybe we're nearing the bottom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McKinney Ag69 said:

Looks like the MACD crossed the Signal line for WWR. Maybe we're nearing the bottom.

HoustonAg2014
AG
I should have posted last week on this but got super busy. ASO is having major supply chain issues is the word around H town. Not that everyone isn't, but I expect it to fall into the 20s maybe mid 20's after earnings. Think that would be a good time to back up the dump truck. They will get it worked out and they have a super low PE if people still pay attention to things like that.
Jet Black
Sure seems like things are going to get much uglier before they get better.
BaylorSpineGuy
Bearish engulfing candle today on daily….couple typical follow up scenarios:

1. Inside day or double inside day (possible since OpEx week)
2. Follow through with continued downward move

(Not sure why I'm telling you this you're one of top 3 traders on here. I'm bottom two or three.)
We did just eclipse a Model T between 3858 low and 4300 high from a few weeks back. If we don't make a lower low here, we could see a more robust reflex rally (suspect we will make a lower low).

I think we are gonna retrace 50% from COVID low to ATH that puts things in 3500 range. No idea if we go directly there flagging as we have been or we get a false breakout before then.

I closed my puts too early today and left to go and play golf. But I'm trying to avoid FOMO and OpEx devoured me 2 months ago. Will trade better than I have been and I'm just trying to pick up cash here and there when this thing finds a bottom.
BlueTaze
CEI small cap energy play either going to crash or skyrocket on Friday when delinquent SEC filings come due.

Old Zack Morris pump and dump trying to catch a 2nd wind....for anyone looking to lotto or spread trade.
XXXVII
BlueTaze said:

CEI small cap energy play either going to crash or skyrocket on Friday when delinquent SEC filings come due.

Old Zack Morris pump and dump trying to catch a 2nd wind....for anyone looking to lotto or spread trade.

BlueTaze
Comming down to wire for CEO to file everything by 5/20....
ibdm98
AG
McKinney Ag69 said:

I'm only laughing to keep from crying.
Ag CPA
AG
BlueTaze said:

Comming down to wire for CEO to file everything by 5/20....

I looked through their 10Q, what an absolute dumpster fire.

And audited by a firm called Turner Stone & Company, that should help you sleep at night.
BlueTaze
You read a 2 yr old 10Q? I think the 2022 filings might be more relevant. There was already a big short report on the dumpster fire stuff, so everything going forward hinges on simple paperwork filing on time (basically next 48hrs). I'm definitely not a confident long, but there is near term predictable volatility.
texagbeliever
Semiconductor late night thoughts:

AMD, ON & NVDA all came crashing back down. More so AMD. It was nice to make up the money lost on bad puts yesterday with puts on these today. More importantly though is the potential for next week lotto plays. If these three can come back down further I think they could be prime for 5/27 leaps. Key will be to wait for confirmation that either QQQ or SPY is turning around.

AAPL is the stock i will be watching for turn around signal. Today it hugged its down trend line until 2 pm CST. If it can show strength and flip that trend that will be my signal to start entering into calls for the semi conductors.

If you are trading TSLA be nimble get in and get out. There are plenty of bunt single opportunities to rack up $s.Today I was successful watching AAPL and anytime a big deviation from the downtrend happened or AAPL pushed up hard to its downtrend line i got into TSLA puts/calls. This strategy required using AAPL as the signal for incoming market drop/push up which would cause more violent swings in TSLA price allowing for quick 10-20% profit on the option. Now tomorrow AAPL could be all over the place so this strategy may not be repeatable. Yesterday it was MSFT moving the market and influencing TSLA which I didn't notice until EOD and leaving me with a wash TSLA trading performance.
ProgN
XXXVII said:

BlueTaze said:

Quote:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of LSI by doing three spaced out entries?

Also, why are you so sure that October is best?
I saw where you posted this on the "Market BLEEDING today" thread on F16 but I glad that you've found our group.

1) Don't take financial advice from "Retired FBI Agent" because he's a complete dumbass with his smarmy investing advice. He doesn't know that October is the time to buy and his "buy and hold forever" always outperforms actively managing your account couldn't be any more wrong. That strategy has decimated investors in 2020 and again right now.

2) This is a trading thread, but I advise you don't attempt to trade, but I encourage you to ask questions because the amount of experience that we all share will benefit you.

That said, the amount of horrid investing advice on that thread, presented with bravado, was ******ed. I need a shower after reading through that bs. I'd bet serious money on longtime lurkers on this thread against the majority of posters on that thread would give you better guidance. Anyway, welcome to the board, we're all here to help and want the same goal.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/19/asia-markets-wall-street-losses-australia-jobs-data-currencies-oil.html

Quote:

SINGAPORE Shares in Asia-Pacific slipped Thursday morning after heavy losses on Wall Street overnight.

Hong Kong's Hang Seng index led losses regionally, falling more than 3% in early trade. Shares of Chinese tech behemoth Tencent plunged 8.1% after reporting that its quarterly profit halved.

The Nikkei 225 in Japan fell 2.6% while the Topix index shed 2.13%. Japan's exports rose 12.5% year-on-year in April, data from the country's Ministry of Finance showed Thursday. That was lower than expectations for a 13.8% increase, according to Reuters.

South Korea's Kospi dropped 1.6%, while the S&P/ASX 200 in Australia slipped 1.54%.

MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan traded 2.21% lower.

There's currently a "bifurcation" in market sentiment, said AIA's Mark Konyn.

"On one hand, investors are sort of worried that inflation is going to take hold and hurt earnings, and change the rating on equity markets, which is obviously very damaging for investors. But on the other hand, they're equally as concerned about growth opportunities," Konyn, group chief investment officer at the firm, told CNBC's "Squawk Box Asia" on Thursday.

"As we saw last night, we saw guidance from Target, we've seen guidance from Walmart suggesting that margins are under pressure and immediately investors ran for the hills," he said.
ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4512767-best-shipping-stocks?mailingid=27759619&messageid=must_reads&serial=27759619.2117263&utm_campaign=Must%2BRead%2BMay%2B18%2C%2B2022&utm_content=seeking_alpha&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&utm_term=must_reads

Good article for you guys in ZIM.
Dan Scott
AG
Restoration Hardware the last few years had a PE around 25. Today it's 12 PE. Berkshire increased his stake by 20% in Q1 and owns over 10% and the company has a buyback program. Earnings in a couple weeks. Stock back to pre-pandemic high.

I'm going to visit a RH this weekend to get a feel for if rich people not buying or if they have inventory issues. With earnings in a couple weeks and sentiment so negative this can surprise.
Dan Scott
AG
MVIS at 25% short interest

MSTR at 24% short interest. MSTR held up pretty well today
ProgN
Dan Scott said:

Restoration Hardware the last few years had a PE around 25. Today it's 12 PE. Berkshire increased his stake by 20% in Q1 and owns over 10% and the company has a buyback program. Earnings in a couple weeks. Stock back to pre-pandemic high.

I'm going to visit a RH this weekend to get a feel for if rich people not buying or if they have inventory issues. With earnings in a couple weeks and sentiment so negative this can surprise.
RH is in my top five targets. IMO, it's cheap from a momentum standpoint but with a low float it will have violent moves, both ways, and it can't fight the negative current of the macro market. That said, when this selling does evaporate and the macro rebounds, it will go ballistic. Every fund manager knows Buffet is in this and he doesn't gamble with his money. He's not a trader so day to day price action doesn't concern him but he's a heck of a backstop and insurance policy to have behind you for a trade when this turns.
Ornithopter
AG
texagbeliever
DubFalls said:

Bad statistics.
Id be much more concerned with recent results then longer history. That would imply a 45-50% drop almost double.
Second I think this is a case of too little data to be relevant.
GreasenUSA
AG

Edit: I guess you found the error. NM
irish pete ag06
AG
ProgN said:

Dan Scott said:

RH is in my top five targets. IMO, it's cheap from a momentum standpoint but with a low float it will have violent moves, both ways, and it can't fight the negative current of the macro market. That said, when this selling does evaporate and the macro rebounds, it will go ballistic. Every fund manager knows Buffet is in this and he doesn't gamble with his money. He's not a trader so day to day price action doesn't concern him but he's a heck of a backstop and insurance policy to have behind you for a trade when this turns.
I'm always interested in your long outlook, Prog. What's your 5? TTD, CZR, is PLTR still on there?

I don't think this was on your list, but I know a lot of folks are super bullish on SOFI in the long term?

I still don't know if I even understand what PLTR does.

GreasenUSA
AG
Quote:

If these three can come back down further I think they could be prime for 5/27 leaps.
Are you seeing leaps quoted out to 2027?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Yeah what is Carl saying? We're already past that 25% point. Is he saying we go down 50%? I'm confused
texagbeliever
GreasenUSA said:

Quote:

If these three can come back down further I think they could be prime for 5/27 leaps.
Are you seeing leaps quoted out to 2027?

Next week. Leaps may not be the right term. I meant higher OTM strikes. So if AMD fell to 88 id look at $98 calls expiring next week. (Those numbers are rough example and not actual strategy i want to execute).

Corrected it to lotto instead of leap.
texagbeliever
Haha yeah dumb me forgot even number makes the median average of 2 numbers.
BaylorSpineGuy
I'd just be careful going long anything here. The retrace that AMD took to 104ish was the 50% retrace from recent low (high 84's from 123ish).

I think we start the next leg down here and not sure when it finds another bottom. Fed has basically promised to continue spiking rates till inflation cools off. There's no way the market has this priced in at this point because we don't know when meaningful improvement in inflation comes and who knows what companies are even left standing at that point?

A counter trend long is never bad after the bottom of a descent is seen and reversal confirmed but must do so with caution.
Good luck!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
First Page Last Page
Page 5435 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.