Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,564 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
ryanhnc10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Almost 10% on the Nasdaq in 3 days seems really extreme. I'm trying a long
Ag13
AG
Spaceship said:

At what point does ARKK become a buy? It's down to $42 and basically back to 2018 prices now.
Tread lightly as long as $TSLA is still the number one position. There is nothing that says Tesla can't go to a sub-$100 billion market cap quickly.

Look for my post a few pages back. The correlation risk for $ARKK is a bit too high for me right now. Every name it holds is in a bear market and there's not a lot of prospects for these companies at the moment other than "they cannot go much lower" which is not a good mindset. Another half point rate hike (or more) is going to continue to absolutely gut the high beta tech names which is literally the entire ARKK portfolio.
Ags2013
AG
Me since November - "It can't possibly go much lower"

Expensive lessons learned. Can't wait for this reversal as I have some cash on the sidelines.
mosdefn14
AG
Spaceship said:

At what point does ARKK become a buy? It's down to $42 and basically back to 2018 prices now.
I'm not good at calculus, but ARKK's portfolio trades at -35 PE. With easy/cheap money no longer available to fuel long duration, unprofitable growth, how does that -35 to to something positive?
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Been awhile since I've done this, but I'm guessing first real support for the s&p500 is around 3393. Not giving advice, jmo.
BaylorSpineGuy
Well….if that's the case, it could be a ways down. Lots of people made easy money during pandemic. People are losing profit for sure but I'm not sure we are close to capitulation. We doubled the SPX in 2 yrs.
Whirligigs
The market will be very bad when the expectations of v shaped or eventual reversal is replaced by many companies going belly up because they can no longer service the debt that was previously 'refinanced' via declining interest rates over the past 40 years. Is this the true pop? I don't think so but the real one will **** lots of folks.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Well Friday didn't work out but Monday has my interest……
FTAG 2000
AG
Spaceship said:

Heavily invested in growth stocks at a time interest rates are rising. Think it continues down.

I'm in SARK for what it's worth, (bear fund against ARKK).

TecRecAg
AG
Agree with this. Only play growth stocks for swings. My only long term holds are companies that won't fear closing their doors with rising rates.
Dan Scott
AG
Gap filled, does it bounce now?
Chef Elko
AG
Triple bottom here?
Brewmaster
AG
so long ZIM, should've taken profits on that one last week.
BrokeAssAggie
BrokeAssAggie said:

added SPY $400 puts. $1.50 entry. out of these.
These are $2.20 now. I hate this market..
ProgN
FWIW, the fear/greed indicator is at 23 which is extreme fear, which is nice.
kyle field 94
AG
As awful as it is looking, even for long term holds, this is a perfect time to be looking for some tax harvesting opportunities.

If you Want to stay in the market for the long term, take advantage of a downturn in a stock or etf and trade it for something similar.

BrokeAssAggie
SPY down ~17% from all time high reached back in Jan.
FTAG 2000
AG
BREwmaster said:

so long ZIM, should've taken profits on that one last week.
What happened to ZIM? They have a boat sink today or something?

cptthunder
AgOutsideAustin said:

Well Friday didn't work out but Monday has my interest……
Back fire on the Yugo? Nothing a little ether to the carburetor cant fix im sure
Chef Elko
AG
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9lY42mEE/1986-yugo-gv

Someone get this bad boy
M4 Benelli
No negative catalyst, aside from some paper handed pirates. GSL crushed earnings today and was down nigh 8%. I exited CROX in full and threw majority of the proceeds at ZIM fwiw. Going down with this ship like Leonardo DiCaprio after painting prime Kate Winslet in her bday suit. In the words of Bob Seger, "I was as hard as a rock."

TecRecAg
AG
There are some significant technical levels below 400, but psyche plays a big role in this too despite what some believe. Since we flashed under $400, I'm thinking we get a bit of a bounce.
Carioca Corredor
AG

Can't compete with the Adobe

AgOutsideAustin
AG
Danwell Home said:

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9lY42mEE/1986-yugo-gv

Someone get this bad boy

Lol sweet ride!
LMCane
mosdefn14 said:

Spaceship said:

I'm not good at calculus, but ARKK's portfolio trades at -35 PE. With easy/cheap money no longer available to fuel long duration, unprofitable growth, how does that -35 to to something positive?

I think you hit the nail on the head. I started buying into different ARK funds half a year ago, and every day they keep going lower.

not sure some of their holdings are ever going to retrace their ATH, it will be years.
FTAG 2000
AG
Going long at SPX 4000 would have been a nice ride.

Tumble Weed
Went ahead and cut AMD loose.

BaylorSpineGuy
Scalped SPY calls on the reversal for 17%. Felt good to dip toes in water for first time in water for first time in almost a month.

Can't be too active with a heavy call load and elective surgery picking up some but have to try and make a little scratch one way or another.
SF2004
AG
I think a lot of these growth companies will never see the ATHs they had during the "great pandemic run".

Kind of like INTC in the late 90s, it still has not returned to that all time high and there are still bag holders.

Even this thread read like stocktwits/WSB bets at times.

Stonks only go up!
Mr President Elect
AG
Ranger222
AG
The anchored VWAP from the March 2020 COVID low on SPY is 384
BrokeAssAggie
Ranger222 said:

The anchored VWAP from the March 2020 COVID low on SPY is 384

384 is also 20% retracement from ATH. Does seem like we are getting close to the bottom.
Post removed:
by user
ryanhnc10
AG
LABU down 45% in 3 days
Dan Scott
AG
MSTR now has a market cap $1B below the value of it's bitcoin holdings. May $100 puts are $2. Geez
First Page Last Page
Page 5386 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.