Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,375 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
3700 next support line?
aggiedaniel06
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/ujsjas/calls_on_this_guy/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
wanderer
PLTR with a nice earnings miss and puke this morn.
Ags2013
AG
PLTR

Stocks only go down
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Savage. Lmao.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Hey guys - just want to point out that this has the look of the reversal you seek. Gap down, terrible sentiment.

Loss of support and recapture already of cycle lows.
jj9000
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/ujsjas/calls_on_this_guy/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Look who showed up.

Buying Puts.
irish pete ag06
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Man... SNL used to be great.
BrokeAssAggie
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Hey guys - just want to point out that this has the look of the reversal you seek. Gap down, terrible sentiment.

Loss of support and recapture already of cycle lows.

Loading up on some SPY $410 calls?
FTAG 2000
AG
BrokeAssAggie
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BaylorSpineGuy said:

So does capitulation occur when everyone has lost their profits and can't stomach the losses any further?

Yes at some point even a lot of folks that aren't actively trading get scared and begin dumping to keep their portfolio from going down any further. After that spike down there aren't many remaining sellers left, at least for that time period.
BrokeAssAggie
TSLA dumping
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
wild action so far.
OutlawAG04
30k- sorry if I missed this, but what was your general thought on MARA and DKNG? I know you still like OSTK and CWH.
Chef Elko
AG
We need to hope for capitulation. That's when you make the money! Too easy to get blown up with chop for months
FTAG 2000
AG
Anyone have a read on why the 20 year treasuries are continuing to drop?

TLT looks like crap.
LMCane
wanderer said:

amazing that over 5 years, it went from 29 to a 7 handle this morning.

and when I looked at the last 5 years, this is pretty much the all time low. imagine buying at 29, and a few years later your investment is at 8 today.

I bought 25 shares pre-market.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Unless we get a big up green candle on SPX or a big red candle on QQQ, I'm likely staying away from my morning TSLA play.
LMCane

jamey said:

ProgN said:

Guys, no offense, but none of you knows anything about when the bottom is. None of us do.
The man speaks the truth. I'm not calling a bottom but imo, we need capitulation before we get there.

How do you judge capitulation?

Large downside with very high volume that V reverses. Psychological pain so severe that the average holder just wants to get out to keep what they have. Then the institutions laugh their asses off by taking the shares they sold you at the top off your hands at the bottom.

this is the fundamental point of trading I can not even conceptualize.

there are no losses UNLESS YOU SELL.

why would any non-institutional investor sell anytime in the last few months?!

this is the time to be buying and holding. it really doesn't get any simpler than that.

and even if the market continues to go down- I just buy more.

unless there are short squeezes and options expiring why would any rational human sell now?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

Unless we get a big up green candle on SPX or a big red candle on QQQ, I'm likely staying away from my morning TSLA play.

Ask and ye shall receive. TSLA 830P. Stop at 837.
LMCane
Danwell Home said:

We need to hope for capitulation. That's when you make the money! Too easy to get blown up with chop for months
disagree with this in my case.

low cash position because I bought a house in late 2020 and have been buying stocks like crazy the last six months.

for me it's better to just keep this level the next 6 months

and then I dollar cost average in every two weeks at payday.
BrokeAssAggie
added SPY $400 puts. $1.50 entry. out of these.
cptthunder
$CWH showing some serious strength through this deep red day. Might be time to layer in another round of shares especially with over a 6% yield at these prices
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Well I'm stopped out of TSLA puts. I'm not going to jump on the upside or get back into puts again this morning. That would be more gambling than trading for me. Technically I shouldn't have bought those puts in the first place, but fudged my rule a bit. This may be a good day for me to stay away or to simply buy/short shares instead of using options.
59 South
AG
Surprised nobody has mentioned the gap at SPX 4020 from April Fools 2021.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SAVA green...
AgEng06
AG
LMCane said:

wanderer said:

and when I looked at the last 5 years, this is pretty much the all time low. imagine buying at 29, and a few years later your investment is at 8 today.

I see you're not a WWR investor.
BrokeAssAggie
lots of chop
Carioca Corredor
AG
Mike Wilson of MS checked in on CNBC end of last week saying haven't tightened this hard since 1994. More pain ahead. There is no soft landing for the Fed. Pain for the next couple of quarters but "...the cake is baked."
Market multiple...Price is wrong. P/E needs to be at 15x or 16x. Currently, we are close at 17x. SP of 3800 is acceptable. Don't chase rally's. We are close to the end. Finish's by saying we all need to calm down. Everything will be fine on the other side.
FTAG 2000
AG
Carioca Corredor said:

Mike Wilson of MS checked in on CNBC end of last week saying haven't tightened this hard since 1994. More pain ahead. There is no soft landing for the Fed. Pain for the next couple of quarters but "...the cake is baked."
Market multiple...Price is wrong. P/E needs to be at 15x or 16x. Currently, we are close at 17x. SP of 3800 is acceptable. Don't chase rally's. We are close to the end. Finish's by saying we all need to calm down. Everything will be fine on the other side.

So they're selling the **** out of everything they have to retail.
Ags2013
AG
AgEng06 said:

LMCane said:

wanderer said:

I see you're not a WWR investor.
At least the share price can only go down another dollar and change
Philip J Fry
AG
I'm just sitting and waiting at this point. Not sure I have a good reason technically to believe this, but I don't think the S&P500 reverses until the NQ does. Still think we have 800 NQ points to go
Spaceship
AG
At what point does ARKK become a buy? It's down to $42 and basically back to 2018 prices now.
First Page Last Page
Page 5385 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.