Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,494 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by CC09LawAg
RigsTx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wannabud said:

texagbeliever said:

Given NFLX's subscription problem, is there any thought that AAPL's music/Apple TV could post similar subscription loss problems?

An old article from around their Q4 earnings in Jan. Basically 60% of Apple TV subscribers were on a free promotional offer back in January.
https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/apple-tv-plus-freeloader-problem-percent-free-1234890385/
The Apple bundle is a different enough value proposition for customers that I don't think they will suffer the same level of cancelations. More diverse set of products and many might not even be there for the Apple TV component. We have it and I've only watched two shows on Apple TV in the last 3 years. And I obviously represent the average consumer....

Apple had been giving away the free Apple TV+ subs since they launched a few years ago (mainly with iPhone sales). Do they need to get people off the free subs and onto a paying sub? Yes, but I don't think it will be a huge needle mover. Too much of their performance will be tied to the iPhone.

Check out Severance on Apple TV+. YWIA
TecRecAg
AG
Very true. AppleTV is the last product I think about when I hear the name Apple. iPhone takes the #1 spot, followed by MacBooks..
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm going to wait until 8:46 to pull the trigger on TSLA, but right now it looks like $900C are likely. I don't believe we're in store for an extended green run, but that's what the opening price action says I should do. This is a crazy market, so I'll be quick to take profits or cut if I buy those.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yes calls it is. Stop has got to be at $911.55.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

I'm stopped out and watching. I don't mind missing out on a run today if it saves me from missing the chance of a big loss. Sucks but that's how I'm playing it these days.
BrokeAssAggie
Bob Knights Liver said:

she's startling to flag. I am in 5/6 $950s
Engine10
AG
TecRecAg said:

Very true. AppleTV is the last product I think about when I hear the name Apple. iPhone takes the #1 spot, followed by MacBooks..

M2 products this year are going to be absolute bangers.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
SPX, QQQ, and VIX turned bearish too. This might be flagging or it might be reversal. I'm not in this while it figures it out.
BrokeAssAggie
TSLA needs to hold $900
J.P. 03
AG
Futures just dipped back below 4200. Surely that's not the end of the dead-cat bounce already....is it?
McInnis 03
AG
I feel like we're getting close to Natural Gas being worth actually moving and not burning off at wells.....am I right on this?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This may be a dumb question, but what's the use of looking at futures during market hours?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Buying uso calls for friday. Eia reports in the morning and a lot of the williston basin has been shut in all week.

Last chance on these before the report.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

I feel like we're getting close to Natural Gas being worth actually moving and not burning off at wells.....am I right on this?

It depends on capacities to move it from where you are to where buyers are. It also depends on how much that transportation costs. Pipelines are the devil, remember?
Brewmaster
AG
it's about to get real ugly
Cowboy Curtis
AG
What's the latest outlook on NYMT?
BrokeAssAggie
BREwmaster said:

it's about to get real ugly
yep.. dump coming.
J.P. 03
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This may be a dumb question, but what's the use of looking at futures during market hours?
To my knowledge, none. It pretty much tracks exactly with SPX during trading hours but I only started following the real-time data a week ago to see if there were any differences between ES and SPX during the day that might give clues to where we were headed next. Nothing major so far, but it's been a fun experiment.
TecRecAg
AG
Riding the trend. Bought todays 415p. up 45% in a few minutes
Bob Knights Paper Hands
All of my SAVA call spreads just went negative. For instance Fidelity is showing my 30 call debit spreads $115/$120 for Jan2023 are worth -$5,000. They can't be worth less than $0. Not a big thing by itself, but all of these at various strikes in this smaller trading account are taking the account value below $25k so I can't use margin all of a sudden.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
AMZN trending towards 52 week low. Time to enter new long position?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Bob Knights Liver said:

McInnis 03 said:

It depends on capacities to move it from where you are to where buyers are. It also depends on how much that transportation costs. Pipelines are the devil, remember?
Speaking of transportation costs. Related/unrelated. ......"An RFA written testimony suggested that storage capacity and limited railcar availability are the root cause of reduced ethanol production. Last Wednesday, EIA reported ethanol production was a 30-week low 947k bpd. This week's report will be issued later this AM."

If it ain't in a pipe, I don't think it's moving.
irish pete ag06
AG
Bulls defending 315.40 on the QQQs... feels like it's just a matter of time til it's lost.
irish pete ag06
AG
Is this just a buy puts on the pop and wait market.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Overnight NQ is 100% long, overnight ES is close to the same.............if the worm turns in the first hour it could be so ugly.
LOOKOUT.
FTAG 2000
AG
I know everything is getting murdered right now, but what are people doing with OSTK? holding still? Or time to cut and run?
irish pete ag06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Overnight NQ is 100% long, overnight ES is close to the same.............if the worm turns in the first hour it could be so ugly.
LOOKOUT.
Great call mi amigo
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
U.S. commercial crude oil inventories (excluding those in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve)
increased by 0.7 million barrels from the previous week. At 414.4 million barrels, U.S. crude oil
inventories are about 16% below the five year average for this time of year. Total motor gasoline
inventories decreased by 1.6 million barrels last week and are about 4% below the five year
average for this time of year. Finished gasoline and blending components inventories both
decreased last week. Distillate fuel inventories decreased by 1.4 million barrels last week and are
about 21% below the five year average for this time of year. Propane/propylene inventories
increased by 2.2 million barrels last week and are about 12% below the five year average for this
time of year. Total commercial petroleum inventories increased by 0.7 million barrels last week.
Spoony Love
AG
Is this considered an average or high volume day?
TecRecAg
AG
Not high, but higher. We're an hour in to the session and already traded 33% of 10-day average.
FTAG 2000
AG
Need a laugh this morning...

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

LOOKOUT.
Good job, trying to look like you know something ALWAYS results in the opposite and you may have just saved catastrophe. Keep it up dummy.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Bulls defending 315.40 on the QQQs... feels like it's just a matter of time til it's lost.
Bulls won
McInnis 03
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Futures have a very deep order book and for folks who watch the trading transactionally (order flow) it makes a lot of sense.

I watch them because to me it's a clean, pure chart with a lot of people referencing them as with values of interest.
LMCane
General question:

for those who thought Apple/Google/MSFT would never go down and leveraged up to buy additional shares in the last few months...

is there a due date in which if the price has actually gone LOWER that they will have to sell on margin and reduce their holdings?

one of the youtube guys was mentioning that this issue is not being paid attention to but could be very bearish. particularly with millenials taking bitcoin or Fed Stimulus checks and trying to get rich quick.
First Page Last Page
Page 5346 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.