Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,024 Views | 231587 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anyone buying SHOPIFY at this new 52 week low?

ATH $1762
now at $438

thoughts- is this a dog or likely to recover over the next few years?
Philip J Fry
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

I know everything is getting murdered right now, but what are people doing with OSTK? holding still? Or time to cut and run?

Until I see a sign of reversal on the NQ, I decided (right or wrong) or focus on holding whatever capital I have. I'll buy back in once the dust settles.
Spoony Love
AG
We may be in a chop zone the remainder of the day until closing. I expect bulls to have the day in the end.
irish pete ag06
AG
Spoony Love said:

We may be in a chop zone the remainder of the day until closing. I expect bulls to have the day in the end.
Certainly feels like a range day now.
Philip J Fry
AG
Bought in to CEIX this morning at 44.5. Looking to exit around 50.
Wannabud
AG
LMCane said:

anyone buying SHOPIFY at this new 52 week low?

ATH $1762
now at $438

thoughts- is this a dog or likely to recover over the next few years?
It's on sale if you believe astronomical multiples will be a thing again in the next 6 months. If not, then let it continue to consolidate. SHOP will have strong growth in the coming years, but nothing that supports a 100+ PE right now in my opinion. I guess I don't see the bull case coming out of the pandemic acceleration that makes me want to dive into this one yet. I like TSLAs multiple better right now for similar growth prospects in the near-term.
Spoony Love
AG
It seems tight too. I have a level on SPY at 419.47 and it seems to have bounced off that or close to that and down to 418.
wanderer
SPY bouncing right around intraday modelT of 418.5 (H: 422.02 L: 415:01)
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
XOM. Try as they may, they won't keep it down. Friday will be glorious.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

BG reporting strong this morning with positive guidance, IMO. Should be nice and green today.

Moo!
As of 10:50am - $121.55 / +6.69 / +5.82%
LMCane

XOM. Try as they may, they won't keep it down. Friday will be glorious.
I have some XOM but what is the significance of Friday?

earnings report?
LMCane
A major recession is coming, Deutsche Bank warns

CNN Apr 27, 2022 11:40 AM ET

The problem, according to the bank, is that while inflation may be peaking, it will take a "long time" before it gets back down to the Fed's goal of 2%. That suggests the central bank will raise interest rates so aggressively that it hurts the economy.

"We regard it…as highly likely that the Fed will have to step on the brakes even more firmly, and a deep recession will be needed to bring inflation to heel," Deutsche Bank economists wrote in its report with the ominous title, "Why the coming recession will be worse than expected."
Yes
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Vale sure looks good here

Bought may20 16c for .8 yesterday, just bought some more for .76

Up 40% on these
Are they playing the inflation card this week or the recession card? I keep forgetting the rotation.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

U.S. commercial crude oil inventories (excluding those in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve)
increased by 0.7 million barrels from the previous week. At 414.4 million barrels, U.S. crude oil
inventories are about 16% below the five year average for this time of year. Total motor gasoline
inventories decreased by 1.6 million barrels last week and are about 4% below the five year
average for this time of year. Finished gasoline and blending components inventories both
decreased last week. Distillate fuel inventories decreased by 1.4 million barrels last week and are
about 21% below the five year average for this time of year. Propane/propylene inventories
increased by 2.2 million barrels last week and are about 12% below the five year average for this
time of year. Total commercial petroleum inventories increased by 0.7 million barrels last week.

Darn...guess transportation issues are keeping the tanks full. Still got a little bump and holding, but i expected a draw

XOM fighting an uphill battle, but they'll be victorious. Slow grind up.
As of 11:03am $85.06 / +$2.77 / +3.36%
$150 crude is in our future..
Brewmaster
AG

you are holding through earnings right? and for the div?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
SPX with a W just now. TSLA at the top of 5-min BB and relative weakness to SPX and QQQ over last 30 min. I may have to unplug my mouse so I don't get in here somewhere.
Brewmaster
AG
let's get squeezey!

AgEng06
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

SPX with a W just now. TSLA at the top of 5-min BB and relative weakness to SPX and QQQ over last 30 min. I may have to unplug my mouse so I don't get in here somewhere.

Bro, you're using a corded mouse?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I was told we were accepting of the elderly here?
BREwmaster said:

you are holding through earnings right? and for the div?
I've got one position with a GTC sell order at $101.83. I've been riding for a long long time and time to exit.

The position I entered a week or two ago at $88.28 (still kicking myself), my plan is to hold pass Ex-Div date; however, if fundamentals appear to suggest a share price decline greater than div adjustment, I'd sell before Ex-Div date. This money goes back into T before T's July Ex-Eff date. (I might be able to play PDI for a month of income in June before heading back to T.)

XOM - I'm thinking exit at low 100's and reload in the high 80's/low 90's before another move up.

I do believe XOM is $120 by year end. I'm so bullish all things oil I can't see straight. Should Russia/Ukraine end tomorrow, I have been thinking oil would dip. Today, I believe if Russia/Ukraine ends, the reputation of doing business with Russia will make a lot of countries hesitant. Exxon declared force majeure on some Russian business today. Russia has a skin disease and no one wants to touch them now. I don't think Russian lowball pricing deals in the future bring folks back quickly.

Side Note: I believe XOM is the largest natgas producer in the U.S. and #2 in the world. $7 to $10 natgas, XOM should be hitting overdrive on the money printing press.

If JB Administration bans petroleum exports from U.S. I'll shift some to refined products manf. like MRO. I doubt there would be a ban on refined products.
Diggity
AG
Wannabud said:

texagbeliever said:

Given NFLX's subscription problem, is there any thought that AAPL's music/Apple TV could post similar subscription loss problems?

An old article from around their Q4 earnings in Jan. Basically 60% of Apple TV subscribers were on a free promotional offer back in January.
https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/apple-tv-plus-freeloader-problem-percent-free-1234890385/
The Apple bundle is a different enough value proposition for customers that I don't think they will suffer the same level of cancelations. More diverse set of products and many might not even be there for the Apple TV component. We have it and I've only watched two shows on Apple TV in the last 3 years. And I obviously represent the average consumer....

Apple had been giving away the free Apple TV+ subs since they launched a few years ago (mainly with iPhone sales). Do they need to get people off the free subs and onto a paying sub? Yes, but I don't think it will be a huge needle mover. Too much of their performance will be tied to the iPhone.
I get the bundling concept here, but what does that have to do with 60% of their subs being free promos? Those aren't going to roll over into a bundle. People will have to decide to pay up or cancel.

For the record, the volume of content on Apple TV+ is obviously a lot lower than Netflix, but the quality is quite a bit higher in my experience. If it came to it, and I had to choose one to pay for, right now it would be Apple.

If you told me that was the case a year ago, I would have thought you were crazy.
Wannabud
AG
I don't believe APPLs valuation is significantly impacted by the potential for 60% of Apple TV subs to roll over to paid subscribers. That was the only point I was making. Even if they report a drop in overall subs around the same level as NFLX, that won't be what moves the stock.

Agree on Apple having higher quality content, but really hard to compare since the volumes are in completely different ballparks. That's the challenge for APPL in that they need to bridge the gap between subs that are just there for Ted Lasso and the ones that would like to find something to watch on a weekly basis.
BrokeAssAggie
huge downward wick on FB. Markets about to poop
Kill them with fire..
BrokeAssAggie

Kill them with fire..
Would not be sad at all if every Meta company ceased to exist.
wanderer
BrokeAssAggie said:

odd price action with huge volume

Rumor of an earnings leak
BrokeAssAggie
Triple_Bagger
wanderer said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

odd price action with huge volume

Rumor of an earnings leak
Bloomberg reported an ER miss and then retracted it. Probably the right numbers, just released a few hours early

Now we know what to expect AHs.
Chef Elko
AG
Am I picking up pennies in front of a steamroller? Maybe. I sold a weekly FB $100P for $25.
maroonbleeder
AG
Good call on ZIM today. Up 8% at the time of this post.

Question for you, was the $17 dividend a one time deal? That is a huge amount.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty quiet in here today.

Looks like another puke today. How low do the bears want to take this thing?
First Page Last Page
Page 5347 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.