Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,023,705 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Elon going to pull off the Twitter takeover.

Obama and Hillary sure are chirping loudly about that one.
I want to eat every second of this liberal tear cereal in slow, deliberate bites.

Sorry, not sorry.
austinAG90
AG
Have We Just Seen the High Yields of Treasuries For This Year?

It is always tough to pick tops and bottoms in real time... But we are starting to think that we may have seen the highs in treasury yields for 2022... While we said this morning that we had seen the highs until the next Fed meeting, we may be in the middle of a bigger event than that... Yields tend to peak in the first quarter and sometimes come in before May...we think that 3.05 ish on 5 and 7 years may be it... That would put 10 year high at 2.98... In the near term tax receipts are soaring, given capital gains and other income. Wrightson reports that the Treasury will reduce the funding amounts as they do not need the cash... This before the Fed starts their Balance Sheet reduction... Wrightson goes further talking up a TREASURY BUY BACK...really??? The Treasury will replace the Fed as the last liquidity provider?... Interesting idea... Add in all the shorts still in the markets and it looks like the shorts are pushing on a string.... SO EVEN BEFORE ALL THE FED INCREASES AND BALANCE SHEET REDUCTION, WE THINK THE HIGH YIELDS OF TREASURIES ARE IN FOR THE YEAR... A bold call, but no one remembers a hedged call... If we are wrong, we will be the first to admit it... But the global world looks ugly from China to Russia to Emerging markets... So lets call the Fed's bluff and say that the highs are in.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Did he mean take Twitter private and not take TSLA private? If not that would be a massive chunk of cash to go into other tech equities, no?
TubTub
Bob Knights Liver said:

Futures ran down a bit after breaking below 4247. The Nikkei ran down hard at the same time. If Asian indexes push down further from their open, that makes me believe red futures more. I'm really surprised at how relentlessly we have been moving down.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
we gonna puke
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
McInnis 03
AG
TLT getting a bump...shorts getting puckered?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

I'm waiting on direction for TSLA. 975C or 1000P.

I went with 1000P. I'll be quicker to take profit or cut today. My stop is at 985.2.
ProgN
Bob Knights Liver said:

Did he mean take Twitter private and not take TSLA private? If not that would be a massive chunk of cash to go into other tech equities, no?
Don't know but I know a lot of people in here trade TSLA and that would be important news for y'all.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I cut all but 1 put for $0.90 profit each. The last one immediately got stopped out.
BrokeAssAggie
VIX bounced off $30.
BrokeAssAggie
stocks reversing...
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
bull stick save, but made some shorting.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire said:

we gonna puke

SPX held above overnight low. I'm out of everything right now. No clue what's happening.
Wannabud
AG
Believe that conversation on TSLA dates back to when he said he was going to take them private at $420.
BrokeAssAggie
TSLA wants to run
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
this is very choppy.
McInnis 03
AG
Bonds are getting bought back it seems.......
FTAG 2000
AG
The TSLA private stuff is all because the bent libs are trying to say Elon shouldn't be able to buy Twitter because he had an SEC investigation and settlement over TSLA a few years back.

But he's also shedding light on that things were on the up and up but he settled with the SEC because they're *******s and were jerking him around, as opposed to some poor nefarious act.
FTAG 2000
AG
If Twitter is going to accept his original offer why wouldn't TWTR go to $54.20?

Shouldn't we be buying stocks at a 3.4 discount? Or at least options?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BrokeAssAggie said:

TSLA wants to run

It really does, but I have a hard time getting in long when both SPX and QQQ look to be teetering on a puke.
McInnis 03
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

If Twitter is going to accept his original offer why wouldn't TWTR go to $54.20?

Shouldn't we be buying stocks at a 3.4 discount? Or at least options?
There's always a discount to the actual, even if the agreement is finalized at 54.20, it'll probably trade at 53.80 until finality......

The risk is if Elon pulls the plug.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I bought 100 shares of UPRO at $51. I'll let others leverage this market for me I guess.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BrokeAssAggie said:

TSLA wants to run

Did you buy calls? I did not. TSLA bounced off area around Friday's close and the 20-ema and the 5-day. Priming for another move up here?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

I bought 100 shares of UPRO at $51. I'll let others leverage this market for me I guess.

I'm out of these at cost. I don't want this trade if we're under premarket lows.
BrokeAssAggie
Bob Knights Liver said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

TSLA wants to run

Did you buy calls? I did not. TSLA bounced off area around Friday's close and the 20-ema and the 5-day. Priming for another move up here?
I did. 4/29 $1,000, just trimmed some on that move up.
tlepoC
AG
Woulda been a lot cooler had we hit 420 on 420
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I wanna know which of those aholes on the twitter board were connected to short positions that they unwound or expired on Friday

Also everybody is expecting aapl to miss hard thurs pm, right? So what's the best way to play a "not miss hard"? Sell put spreads? I think they will miss, maybe withhold guidance again, but probably stay flat. Atm flys?
BrokeAssAggie
BrokeAssAggie said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

TSLA wants to run

I did. 4/29 $1,000, just trimmed some on that move up.
If it can hold $990 should make another run.
BrokeAssAggie
Qs want to be green.
cptthunder
There was some talk here about midstream companies with higher yields on Friday
Looks like they are all taking a hit this morning from the drop in crude but $WMB is getting hit also and it is almost entirely NatGas gathering and transmission and HH is still hanging out around $6.50-$7. Could be a chance to pick up some shares looking for a rebound into/through earning next week
BrokeAssAggie
TSLA green...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Was that really it? That can't have been it....
BlueTaze
I wonder what the chances are that a TWTR deal ends up getting done above $60. Even though Elon said final offer, I could see BoD asking high and other equity partners joining Musk to ultimately agree to $60+.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I just bought a couple TSLA $1000C. Probably stupid but I think we retest Friday's close
Jet Black
100 shares of LABU at $10.40
First Page Last Page
Page 5333 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.