Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,024,144 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The futures must've said some rude **** to Mike Tyson just now. WTF?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Futures so far defending 4247 first support.

Bulls first stick save.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Futures so far defending 4247 first support.

Bulls first stick save.

4247 support lost, at least temporarily
Philip J Fry
AG
Really not sure what to think. Dow, Nq, and SP500 MACDs on the 5 year just turned bearish. Makes me want to go cash heavy for a while.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I've been there for awhile. I'd rather miss some upside than to risk holding bags on the way down. That said, I still think there will be a bounce, even if it's a dead cat bounce. That could be a selling point. You could also sell in tranches on the way down to take off some risk that you aren't selling a huge lot on the bottom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Futures ran down a bit after breaking below 4247. The Nikkei ran down hard at the same time. If Asian indexes push down further from their open, that makes me believe red futures more. I'm really surprised at how relentlessly we have been moving down.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think the euro idiots bid it up for us and I think we see 4300 early this week. Continued downside pressure like we have had is probably good for bulls.
ProgN
Test
AgEng06
AG
ProgN said:

Test
Philip J Fry
AG
ProgN said:

Test

YNWA_AG
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
ProgN said:

Test
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

Test
LOL, this never gets old...markets are closed all weekend and you just couldn't help yourself? hahaha
Brewmaster
AG

someone also mentioned 4035 little gap on SPX, Mancini replied basically, strong support there. I thought 4250 was strong support, glad I had just 1 lotto call!
ibdm98
AG
ProgN said:

Test

"Hi my name is Prog and I have an F16 problem"
Philip J Fry
AG
ProgN said:

Test

Let me guess. Call someone a groomer?
Triple_Bagger

I think the euro idiots bid it up for us and I think we see 4300 early this week. Continued downside pressure like we have had is probably good for bulls.
They bid us up 30pts on ES but we were back where they opened after 2 hours.
ProgN
Philip J Fry said:

ProgN said:

Test

Let me guess. Call someone a groomer?
No, I just that it should be legal to kneecap the satanists that are suing a school board because they want an after school club for an elementary school. The mod on duty didn't appreciate me saying I had a brand new crowbar that needed breaking in. I earned a staff edit with a strong warning.
ProgN
Twitter shares jump 5% on reports that it's ready to accept Elon Musk's bid

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/25/twitter-shares-jump-5percent-on-reports-that-its-ready-to-accept-elon-musks-bid.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

austinAG90
AG
Fears Permeate Markets...Equities Reject 3% Benchmarks... CHINESE PANIC

The world seems in free fall panic at the moment...Chinese equities collapsed another 5% with the Shanghai and CSI , but even more, over 6% with the Chinese Nasdaq... China continues to ease to no avail... Their currency is collapsing as the Dollar soars to new highs against both the Euro and the Yen...Every time that US treasury benchmarks get either close or over 3%, equities reject them and we rally in treasuries as equities slump... Towards the end of last week we saw equities give it up and corporate and mortgage spreads widen... It is now getting ugly across the credit curve

Treasuries faced short covering overnight as the Chinese panic became more evident as the number of Covid deaths in Beijing soared... Fears that Beijing will be quarantined caused panic buying in grocery stores... The global supply chain is now broken and may be permanently altered. The Fed is fighting a battle that it can not win... We still think no recession, as over 2 trillion remains in consumers hands..Consumers now have more cash than they have credit debt, a reversal over the last 30 years...but fears even in the US are mounting... You can see it in credit spreads, mortgage spreads (out 8), and munis... Overnight we saw short covering across the curve, with the belly better by 9 in 5/7/10, and even 2 years are better by 8, the long bond is following but lagging a bit... We think the highs are even for US treasuries , at least until the Fed meeting...

Equities have now reached our objective of 4220 for the S+P, but it does not look steady enough to step in... Sentiment is ugly, which by contrarian nature, is the time to buy, but we think the Fed is clearly not going to get a soft landing, and the choppiness is scary.. Overnight the highs were at the opening, and then collapsed 50 S+P points to a low of 3 am...China equities, talked about above, were the catalyst. This week we have all the major tech companies reporting, Apple is the most important and will announce on Thursday after the close. The Faangs had led and outperformed the equity market indices over the last two years... This has reversed this year, while the S+P has fallen to corrective territory, over 10% in 2022 , Facebook has fallen 45%, Netflix 64% , Google and Microsoft, over 17%.. The only one that has done better is Apple...

So where are we going.. Mike Wilson of MS is still the leading perma bear... He was all over the BB news this morning and as we walked in he was being interviewed on CNBC... We do not fault his view, but it seems like he has had a similar view all through the rallies of the last two years... But as we look at sentiment, the pessimism among retail investors may now be so great then even if equities continue to slide, like they are now, an intermediate term reversal may be coming... According to an old colleague, for the first time since May of 2016, the bullish sentiment has fallen more than TWO STANDARD DEVIATIONS below its historical average. Historically whenever bullish sentiment has gotten this weak, S+P has generated positive returns in the following 6 and 12 month periods 100% OF THE TIME, with average gains of 12.9 and 20.7% respectively.

Credit spreads... We talked about this Friday...IG is now over 80, we see the potential for it going to 100... HY, is 438, as high at 442 this am, we can see it going to 500... Mortgage spreads were out 6 on Friday, to 124, we can see it at 138... Last week new issues came to the market with ease... Still good demand and new issue concessions were reasonable, but spreads have widened...in fact we listened to Rick Reider of Blackrock over the weekend, where he pointed out that you can now get short IG and Muni tax effective yields of 4-5%, which is a great alternative to dividend paying stocks... They are in there buying...

The Fed is in a bad place... There is no way they are going 75 basis points in their rate rises... Currently three 50's are built in, with close to a fourth in September... THERE IS NO WAY THE FED WILL BE THAT AGGRESSIVE, EQUITIES WONT ALLOW IT..Every time we get close to a 3% Benchmark in 5/7/10's the equity markets get hit hard which reverses the trend...so add in the Balance Sheet reduction, which will weigh hard against assets, and we see a Fed backpedaling from the recent Bullard Uber Hawkishness.. The Fed can not catch up to inflation, it is too supply chain oriented... And bringing down asset prices or slowing employment gains is not the way to go... But expect a very choppy week, and remember that treasury shorts are very large and China is in free fall.. Oil is down to a 96 handle and will probably go lower as China continues to struggle...
McInnis 03
AG
Quick, someone on the west coast get to Twitter HQ and live stream all damn day.
McInnis 03
AG
Quote:

According to an old colleague, for the first time since May of 2016, the bullish sentiment has fallen more than TWO STANDARD DEVIATIONS below its historical average. Historically whenever bullish sentiment has gotten this weak, S+P has generated positive returns in the following 6 and 12 month periods 100% OF THE TIME, with average gains of 12.9 and 20.7% respectively.

TecRecAg
AG
You tellin' me it's time to back up the truck?
BrokeAssAggie
Futures bouncing
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Quote:

According to an old colleague, for the first time since May of 2016, the bullish sentiment has fallen more than TWO STANDARD DEVIATIONS below its historical average. Historically whenever bullish sentiment has gotten this weak, S+P has generated positive returns in the following 6 and 12 month periods 100% OF THE TIME, with average gains of 12.9 and 20.7% respectively.

yeah that caught my eye too!

ding ding, almost time to ring the bell!

LMCane
austinAG90 said:

Fears Permeate Markets...Equities Reject 3% Benchmarks... CHINESE PANIC

The world seems in free fall panic at the moment...Chinese equities collapsed another 5% with the Shanghai and CSI , but even more, over 6% with the Chinese Nasdaq... China continues to ease to no avail... Their currency is collapsing as the Dollar soars to new highs against both the Euro and the Yen...Every time that US treasury benchmarks get either close or over 3%, equities reject them and we rally in treasuries as equities slump... Towards the end of last week we saw equities give it up and corporate and mortgage spreads widen... It is now getting ugly across the credit curve

Treasuries faced short covering overnight as the Chinese panic became more evident as the number of Covid deaths in Beijing soared... Fears that Beijing will be quarantined caused panic buying in grocery stores... The global supply chain is now broken and may be permanently altered. The Fed is fighting a battle that it can not win... We still think no recession, as over 2 trillion remains in consumers hands..Consumers now have more cash than they have credit debt, a reversal over the last 30 years...but fears even in the US are mounting... You can see it in credit spreads, mortgage spreads (out 8), and munis... Overnight we saw short covering across the curve, with the belly better by 9 in 5/7/10, and even 2 years are better by 8, the long bond is following but lagging a bit... We think the highs are even for US treasuries , at least until the Fed meeting...

Equities have now reached our objective of 4220 for the S+P, but it does not look steady enough to step in... Sentiment is ugly, which by contrarian nature, is the time to buy, but we think the Fed is clearly not going to get a soft landing, and the choppiness is scary.. Overnight the highs were at the opening, and then collapsed 50 S+P points to a low of 3 am...China equities, talked about above, were the catalyst. This week we have all the major tech companies reporting, Apple is the most important and will announce on Thursday after the close. The Faangs had led and outperformed the equity market indices over the last two years... This has reversed this year, while the S+P has fallen to corrective territory, over 10% in 2022 , Facebook has fallen 45%, Netflix 64% , Google and Microsoft, over 17%.. The only one that has done better is Apple...

So where are we going.. Mike Wilson of MS is still the leading perma bear... He was all over the BB news this morning and as we walked in he was being interviewed on CNBC... We do not fault his view, but it seems like he has had a similar view all through the rallies of the last two years... But as we look at sentiment, the pessimism among retail investors may now be so great then even if equities continue to slide, like they are now, an intermediate term reversal may be coming... According to an old colleague, for the first time since May of 2016, the bullish sentiment has fallen more than TWO STANDARD DEVIATIONS below its historical average. Historically whenever bullish sentiment has gotten this weak, S+P has generated positive returns in the following 6 and 12 month periods 100% OF THE TIME, with average gains of 12.9 and 20.7% respectively.

Credit spreads... We talked about this Friday...IG is now over 80, we see the potential for it going to 100... HY, is 438, as high at 442 this am, we can see it going to 500... Mortgage spreads were out 6 on Friday, to 124, we can see it at 138... Last week new issues came to the market with ease... Still good demand and new issue concessions were reasonable, but spreads have widened...in fact we listened to Rick Reider of Blackrock over the weekend, where he pointed out that you can now get short IG and Muni tax effective yields of 4-5%, which is a great alternative to dividend paying stocks... They are in there buying...

The Fed is in a bad place... There is no way they are going 75 basis points in their rate rises... Currently three 50's are built in, with close to a fourth in September... THERE IS NO WAY THE FED WILL BE THAT AGGRESSIVE, EQUITIES WONT ALLOW IT..Every time we get close to a 3% Benchmark in 5/7/10's the equity markets get hit hard which reverses the trend...so add in the Balance Sheet reduction, which will weigh hard against assets, and we see a Fed backpedaling from the recent Bullard Uber Hawkishness.. The Fed can not catch up to inflation, it is too supply chain oriented... And bringing down asset prices or slowing employment gains is not the way to go... But expect a very choppy week, and remember that treasury shorts are very large and China is in free fall.. Oil is down to a 96 handle and will probably go lower as China continues to struggle...

"We still think no recession"

"we think the Fed is clearly not going to get a soft landing"

can both of these statements be accurate simultaneously?
texagbeliever
If interest rates continue to rise wouldn't that spell bad news for a company like COOP who primarily deals with mortgages?
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
e-mini is testing 4247, for now. It keeps toying with the idea of recapturing but not confirming. you really need to see a recapture of 4271 for things to maybe get going.

overnight high was 4267, overnight was 4220, like I told you guys

Look for a break of one of those.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
the market is not the economy, yo.
GreasenUSA
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Quote:

We've had about half a year of a droopy market now. I sure would welcome us getting back into strong bull mode.
BrokeAssAggie
VIX bounces off $30 I am going to look at entering SPY calls.
FTAG 2000
AG
Elon going to pull off the Twitter takeover.

Obama and Hillary sure are chirping loudly about that one.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm waiting on direction for TSLA. 975C or 1000P.
First Page Last Page
Page 5332 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.